Does anyone know if it's possible to resize text for the Iphone?
    To be more specific, is it possible to make the text in the SMS bubbles larger cause it is way too small.
    2009-08-30 10:46 PM
    I know that if you can get your hands on the right Info.plist document, you can change font on the main screen (under the apps, etc.). This might also work for the messages but I'm not positive. If it doesn't you can always try to replace the font that the messages use (maybe its Helvetica) and if you replace the font with a bigger font everything on the phone that uses that font will change to the bigger one, but this wouldn't be done through the themes folder, it would be through "/System/Library/Fonts/Cache/FONTNAME.ttf" You would probably have to experiment with a couple different ones until you found the font that Messages app uses. Hope this helps!
    2009-08-31 04:29 AM
    It makes sense, I just wish the SMS info.plist file would be easier to locate lol. I've been searching around in Winscp but haven't come across anything remotely close to changing the size of text.
    2009-08-31 01:43 PM
    Well if you find a theme that does something even close to what you want, you can take their file and modify it to your needs. I used the info.plist I found in saurik's theme and changed some words deleted a few things, and got what I wanted, but it may be hard to find a theme that does this. The most basic Info.plist file that I can think of can be found at Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 15: Changing SpringBoard fonts, font sizes, and font colors
    and if you follow these instructions and type that, it may work to just try the names of different fonts and type in a larger pixel amount, like instead of
    <string>font-family: American Typewriter; font-size: 12px </string>
    you could change it to
    <string> font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 16px </string>
    Good Luck
    2009-09-01 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD