User Tag List

yesterday i tried the Theme iVillian and i was very surprised about how good it looks. Today i recognized that it uses very much RAM. So i decided to create a LockInfo Theme out of the iVillian Springboard Theme.
    I don't want to copy all Files again and again to my IPhone to test the Theme. Can anyone help me out?
    I'm searchin for another possibility to test my Theme without copying the files to the phone all the times.

I'm german so don't check my english
    2009-09-03 03:03 PM
    why would lockinfo consume any less ram than ivillain widget? both are html :S
    2009-09-03 09:57 PM
    i don't know exactly but i think when it's on the Lockscreen only it isn't using that much RAM on the Springboard itself. I am not quite sure about this but i want to try it. Can anyone help me out with my question above?
    2009-09-04 08:49 AM
    iVillain will most definitely consume more RAM because of the additional graphics loading footprint. What you see is html, but it's driven by JavaScript and it depends when the release JS-used memory.

As to testing, you can load the html file in your favorite browser. I found that Safari is better than FF in rendering the html (at least on the Mac).
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-09-04 05:29 PM
    and what is lockinfo driven by? from what i know its javascript also :S
    2009-09-04 05:33 PM
    Of course it is, but the clock graphics are not refreshed every second. I understand that people want fancy graphics, but this comes at a price, particularly when loading large transparent pngs every second to update a stupid seconds hand. Frankly, to put up a giant clock with seconds on the lock screen is something I personally consider a silly gimmick that is just aesthetics and does not really serve a useful function for most users. Take a look at the gruppled lockscreen, which actually has useful information at a glance and has a smaller footprint. Here's an example of a modified gruppled theme that tells you a whole lot more than the stupid time (there are many variations of this theme to suit everyone's taste):

Last edited by armadillo; 2009-09-04 at 07:37 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-09-04 07:28 PM
    i see, so the ivillain really is a villain then
    i have the ivillain with the digital clock, does it refresh itself every second too?

ps. sorry for hijacking the thread
    2009-09-04 10:27 PM
    i'll just try safari now instead of Firefox. With Firefox i had to make much changes to see a preview page... not so great.

Another Question at this time when it comes to LockInfo.

Can Someone tell me if it's possible to shrink the area of the Lock Slider? I find it very anoying that i got a small Slider but the area it reacts is still the same.
    2009-09-07 08:39 AM