User Tag List

I have tried jailbreaking my Ipod touch 1gen with it on my computer running with windows 7 (Built 7100) & it did not work it said finish on the Application, ipod was downloading jailbreak for the longest time and then restarted and no cydia appeared on it. It took some time for the jailbreak to dissapper but nothing came up after all, i been looking around and there is people that have succesfully got cydia on there ipod work on 3.1, so idk if i am doing anything wrong, i going to try on my XP Computer and see what happens, any thoughts or ideas or feedback that people have tried doing this that successfully or not?

Also does anyone know when they released redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1? I heard sometime this week.
    Attached Thumbnails About Jailbreaking 3.1 With Redsn0w 0.8-download_jailbreak_data.jpg  
    2009-09-10 05:58 PM
    1 - there is a free "XP emulator" from MS for Win7 Windows Virtual PC: Download

2 - Point at FW 3.0 when asked for in Redsn0w (NOT!!! 3.1 even if u have 3.1 in the pod)
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-09-10 06:26 PM
    Oh i know they have that but it is not compaitable with my proccessor, it needs this perforamce thing on it in orderer to work right

And also that what i did i should have had that to the description i broswe to firware 3.0 and try jailbreaking 3.1. and that what happen on it nothing appeared.
    2009-09-10 06:30 PM
    so the jailbreak will work with OS 3.1?

i have iPod Touch, 2nd generation, and its not jailbroken....i purchased the OS 3.0 previously, and was installing apps normally from iTunes.

I upgraded last night to 3.1 and iTunes to 9

What are my options to jailbreak my iPod Touch now? I want to install apps that i downloaded, not from App store.

Thanks
    2009-09-11 01:44 AM
    hi everyone.

Today i decided to Jailbreak my 1G Touch that has the 3.1 FW on it as my 12month guarantee ran out. So i watched a youtube tutorial on how to do it with Redsnow . so i DL Redsnow 08 and my FW update from the ipod FW site but when i locate the FW file for Redsnow
    i keep getting *unable to recognise specified IPSW* message.
    so is there a work around for 3.1FW ? or do i just have to wait till theres a 3.1 JB. i did try and DL the 3.0 restore file from the same site but i kept getting an error page when trying to start the DL.

so any help would be great thanks
    2009-09-12 07:58 PM
    i guess there isn't any JB yet for 3.1...so we better kick back and wait
    2009-09-12 08:58 PM
    Redsn0w 0.8 can not and will not work with 3.1
    Guys just wait.. they're working on it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-12 09:00 PM
    Please Read This for all your 3.1 questions.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...need-know.html

--If I Helped. Please Hit Thanks!--
    2009-09-12 09:51 PM
    Guys there is no getting around it right now you cannot jialbreak 3.1 no matter what some kids on youtube say. Its not even worth trying because you could end up doing something stupid. I'm pretty sure that cydia wouldnt even work on 3.1 right now even if you did magically get it on there.
    2009-09-13 01:22 AM
    ^Oh Cydia works on 3.1... there's just no jailbreak out yet.
    It seems the team's having trouble with the 3GS jailbreak... nothing is certain at this moment as far as the 3GS goes.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-13 01:26 AM
    How can cydia work on 3.1?
    2009-09-13 01:31 AM
    thanks for the replies and yer il wait till 3.1 has been Jail breaked.
    2009-09-13 01:03 PM
    I heard Jay Freeman is working on JB the ipod 3g but he says he needs 300 to get it on...

So i would wait till the end of the month before a jailbreak will come out for the ipod 3g JB..

And for the 3.1 firmware JB there is no news about it so far..
    2009-09-13 11:09 PM