I just jailbroke and ipod 2g 3.0 with redsn0w 7.2 and everything went fine, cydia was there and worked (i didnt install anything though and I was happy, then I turned it off. A few hours later it wont turn on at all. What-so-ever No DFU, no power no sound or light, iTunes Disk Aid and floola wont see it. my computer wont see it. Is it bricked? cause if so i am sooooooo screwed I was doing it for a friend.
    2009-09-11 01:01 AM
    The Jailbreaking has NOT bricked the pod - it is something else.
    Try another USB cable - could be that the battery is flat.
    Last edited by sursture; 2009-09-11 at 02:01 AM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-09-11 01:53 AM
    The Jailbreaking has NOT bricked the phone - it is something else.
    Try another USB cable - could be that the battery is flat.
    Tried Two different usb cables, two outlets, and 1 computer. And I know JBing cant brick an ipod, that almost HAS to be hardware and JBing only involves software. But my buddy isnt going to see it that way so if I cant fix this I am Fd
    2009-09-11 02:02 AM
    Ok calm down..

Re-start your PC if u still cant connect, re-intall iTunes 9,

that SHOULD do the trick
    ive had this happen to me before, I solved it this way

its caused when the program "iTunes helper" is disabled. re-starting your PC should work, but if not re-install itunes 9
    2009-09-11 02:08 AM
    Ok calm down..

Re-start your PC if u still cant connect, re-intall iTunes 9,

that SHOULD do the trick
    ive had this happen to me before, I solved it this way

its caused when the program "iTunes helper" is disabled. re-starting your PC should work, but if not re-install itunes 9
    Ok im on a mac but ill try that, and im running the latest version of itunes 8, so ill upgrade to itunes 9.
    2009-09-11 02:12 AM
    -_- maybe thats why... lulz...

itunes 8 has becomed bugged from what i read...

itunes 9 is faster anyway
    2009-09-11 02:13 AM
    -_- maybe thats why... lulz...

itunes 8 has becomed bugged from what i read...

itunes 9 is faster anyway
    I hope your right, but it still doesnt explain why it wouldnt take a charge from an outlet
    2009-09-11 02:21 AM
    er.. lulz?

iTunes is 100% safe for JB users
    Dev Team: iTunes 9 is Safe But iPhone Unlockers Should Avoid iPhone OS 3.1 - iPhone Hacks

Outlet Q-Maybe because you should power off your ipod then turn it on again? It might re-start your system files which are preventing it from charging.

Edit- OOOO i see your problem...

When you try to turn on your ipod does it show the apple logo for 10-15 seconds then turns off?

if so, then its in recovery mode

in which your WILL have to restore it with itunes.
    Last edited by Cocacolafire; 2009-09-11 at 02:26 AM.
    2009-09-11 02:22 AM
    er.. lulz?

iTunes is 100% safe for JB users
    Dev Team: iTunes 9 is Safe But iPhone Unlockers Should Avoid iPhone OS 3.1 - iPhone Hacks

Maybe because you should power off your ipod then turn it on again?
    Read the post, it wont turn on, and I no about itunes 9 i was planning on upgrading just hadn't got around to it yet
    2009-09-11 02:25 AM
    hmm... well, then the battery is gone.

Its a dead ipod..

hmm... Try getting a wall charger... i have one and i will post a picture..

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4780/dsc00776re.jpg

its very useful when im in a situation like this
    Last edited by Cocacolafire; 2009-09-11 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-11 02:35 AM
    If the iPhone/iPod is refusing to start, then you need to reset your iPhone/Pod To do this toggle the switch (mute) above the volume back and forth two times (iPhone only), then hold the main button along with the top power button for about six seconds or until you see the apple icon displayed on your screen, the main menu will appear shortly thereafter.

Oh - and if you did any charging during this blackout period it is accounted for when your iPhone/Pod comes back to life.

Not sure if it works - but it can never hurt.

Also seen reports of iTunes 9 bring iPhones/Pods back 2 life... Have not seen it my self. But, is also worth a try.
    Last edited by sursture; 2009-09-11 at 05:51 AM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-09-11 02:51 AM
    If the iPhone/iPod is refusing to start, then you need to reset your iPhone/Pod To do this toggle the switch (mute) above the volume back and forth two times, then hold the main button along with the top power button for about six seconds or until you see the apple icon displayed on your screen, the main menu will appear shortly thereafter.

Oh - and if you did any charging during this blackout period it is accounted for when your iPhone/Pod comes back to life.

Not sure if it works - but it can never hurt.
    That sounds like it would work, but its an ipod touch, there is no toggle switch, just volume control.

YES Upgrading to iTunes 9 did it!!! thank you all
    Last edited by Frostbite; 2009-09-11 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-11 03:18 AM
    Edit-

I TOLD YOU SO :P
    "Who you gonna call?"

"MEEEE!!!"

"What are you going to do"

"GIVE HIM $500 FOR SAVING A iPod Touch!
    2009-09-11 03:19 AM
    haha how about a thanks?
    2009-09-11 03:38 AM
    No. I want my $500.

Do it or ELSE!

*Steals iPod Touch and threatens to throw it over a cliff*
    2009-09-11 03:43 AM
    My phone will turn on and says connect to itunes once restored and everything that is "supposed" to be done, it says that its encountered and error 1101 (i think) and will not work. Also the phone will not even turn on enless plugged into the computer. Any help would be so appreciated to help get this phone to work. Thanks
    2009-09-11 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD