User Tag List

iMister, I finally got the problem solved!!

Just SSH into your iPhone, navigate to the following folder:

/private/var/lib/apt/lists

delete everything except the folder "partial" (You can move them to a folder in your PC/MAC just in case)

Restart Cydia and no more warning this time! Go to Changes and press Refresh and all the changes should be there again!

It at least works for me...do let me know if it works for you

I think we kinda got something corrupted and Cydia just doesn't know what to do.....

Excellent my friend!! You are a superstar... I did actually go into that very folder just yesterday, as one of the error reports said thats where one of the problems were. I was going to delete just the one that it said, but decided against it.... Great job fella
    2009-09-16 06:49 PM

delete everything except the folder "partial" (You can move them to a folder in your PC/MAC just in case)

Restart Cydia and no more warning this time! Go to Changes and press Refresh and all the changes should be there again!

I think we kinda got something corrupted and Cydia just doesn't know what to do.....
    cydia works again...
    2009-09-17 12:02 AM
    Awesome! Works like a charm :-))
    2009-09-17 12:39 PM
    Dont forget to thank the man auwkeung!! LOL
    2009-09-17 01:27 PM
    I have 2g recently unlocked and jailbroken for 3.1 using Pwnage tool in Mac. I used iPhone Browser to delete these files as specified:

Restart Cydia and no more warning this time! Go to Changes and press Refresh.

I still get Error: Database Encountered a section with no Package: header once I launch Cydia.

Under Sections/All Packages I have nothing!

When I go to Changes and Refresh, it will show Reloading Data but then the messages Error: Database Encountered a section with no Package: header pops out again.

I still don't have anything under All Packages.

In Icy, I can see the packages but unable to install anything!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    2009-10-02 02:17 PM
    I am receiving the following messages when I start cydia. I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1 and unlocked via ultrasn0w

Error: Refreshing Data
    Failed to fetch
    http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/m...s-arm/Packages
    Hash Sum mismatch
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    2009-10-05 02:03 AM
    I am receiving the following messages when I start cydia. I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1 and unlocked via ultrasn0w

Error: Refreshing Data
    Failed to fetch
    http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/m...s-arm/Packages
    Hash Sum mismatch
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    That just means the repo is down. just wait until l8r and itll be back
    2009-10-05 02:07 AM

it didnt work for me.. i deleted everything except the folder partial in the right folder thing, ive refreshed cydia and my ipod was plugged in. any help please?
    2009-10-10 02:32 PM

didnt work for me too!!! any other suggestions
    2009-10-12 08:34 PM
    Still getting the same error i hope i dont have to re-jailbreak.
    2009-10-14 03:35 PM
    HSS into your iPhone to the following location/etc/apt/sources.list.d There you will find a file called cydia.list. Copy that file onto your Mac/PC

On your computer:

Keep the original and make another copy of that file. Open the copy and delete the line of text that is in reference to the source you experiencing problems with. Save and replace the file in your phone with the new one. Reboot the device and check to see that the errors are gone in Cydia.

This worked for me , so hopeuflly it'll work for you.
    2009-10-27 02:30 PM

Thanks-- this worked for me. Now if I could just get NemusSync to start syncing again...
    2009-10-28 12:45 PM
    my cydia wont even open it crashes as soon as it loads up

i tried deleting the files and my thing still crashes
    Last edited by supasekziaznboi; 2009-10-29 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-29 06:14 AM
    HSS into your iPhone to the following location/etc/apt/sources.list.d There you will find a file called cydia.list. Copy that file onto your Mac/PC

On your computer:

Keep the original and make another copy of that file. Open the copy and delete the line of text that is in reference to the source you experiencing problems with. Save and replace the file in your phone with the new one. Reboot the device and check to see that the errors are gone in Cydia.
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d

That's exactly where it's getting its references.

Thank you.
    2009-10-29 09:58 PM
    how did you add modmyirepo
    2009-11-01 11:48 PM
    The mmi repo is automatically added in cydia
    2009-11-02 12:19 AM
    Damn this just happened to me, i was adding the pwncenter repo and then everything was gone. I cant even SSH into my phone, damn it
    2009-11-03 06:05 PM
    Hi all

For all those guys, who are getting crazy about this problem i just solve it, or almost i tried.

I take the file from a friend of mine and i copied to my
    /private/var/lib/apt/lists folder.

And now IT ROCKS.

i'm from Spain, so i'm sorry about my english, i'll expect that you will understand it.

Regards
    Attached Files
    2009-11-11 08:26 PM
    well to everyone that you've tried everything I just Erase the last Source that was "iclarifed' so i just suggest that you erase one by one to see which one is the one that is effecting you
    2009-11-12 08:43 PM

thnx a lot man ... it worked for me
    2009-11-16 01:40 PM
90 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD