What about the square icons? I've cleared my cache, rebooted. Still square icons
    2011-02-16 04:35 PM
    @tamorgen: Please check the order of your themes in winterboard. Not all Cydia apps will orb and instructions on how to do this are in FAQ of either the HD or PRO themes. I am on iPhone at work right now so can't give in depth info and links till I get home in two hours.

Once everything is in correct order in Winterboard and Summerboard is "OFF" then Reboot, not respring, the iPhone. Also posting screen shots of your problem icons and your winterboard setup will help us troubleshoot further.
    2011-02-16 05:47 PM
    Is GOC pro Bosspaper gone or am I just missing it? Seems I remember you saying something about working on it to function with the weather/date theme?
    2011-02-16 06:57 PM
    Just updated to the new 4.0 version. I noticed that two things so far.

1) Folders are now back to being the square default, instead of the rounded folders. Many icons are now back to being square, including many common ones (Facebook, for example).

2) GOC Pro User Wallpaper just gives me a black screen. I know people had come up with workarounds with 3.5 on iOS 4.2.1, but I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this same behavior.
    1) open winterboard and make sure 'summerboard mode' is turned ON then respring your device.

2) Setting user wallpaper is broken on all devices with 4.2.1 fw when using any type of weather widgets, animated lockscreens or glass dock, not only with my theme, but all themes in general..you can thank apple for that . However, if you're familiar with open SSH then u can manually apply your own wallpapers on springboard and lockscreen.

What about the square icons? I've cleared my cache, rebooted. Still square icons
    read step 1 above

Is GOC pro Bosspaper gone or am I just missing it? Seems I remember you saying something about working on it to function with the weather/date theme?
    I removed bosspaper from the last update..I was getting frustrated with all the issues. It's up to the bosspaper devs to make it work properly with html widgets..I'm done trying!
    2011-02-16 07:57 PM
    >>>>>>>HOW TO CHANGE WALLPAPER & LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER iOS 4.2.1+<<<<<<<

ANYWHERE IT SAYS HD just CHANGE TO PRO...YOU all should get the idea!

iOS 4.2.1 and we assume future updates, have altered the way that theme users change wallpapers. BossPaper and other wallpaper changing apps no longer function properly in iOS 4.2.1. Apple has also managed to make the native wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper no longer function properly for themers.

To handle this inconvenience will require users to manually change wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper until other ways can be discovered.

To accomplish the manual change of wallpapers, users must learn how to ssh and will require the purchase and use of iFile if you wish to change wallpapers on the road.

We recommend that initial setup be accomplished while at home on your Mac or PC. You will need to put all of the wallpaper you desire to use in one folder and do the following:

1) Create two copies of each wallpaper and name them Subject_Wallpaper.png and [email protected] (Subject_ = the identity of your wallpaper and will be deleted when you want to activate)

2) Once you have all the wallpapers done that you wish to carry, you will need to ssh to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C. HD_W+D.theme (or ...HD_W+DMOD.theme or ...HD_W+D.theme or the same .themes that say (no dock))
    Drop your wallpaper collection into that folder, make sure you rename the default so you do not overwrite it.

3) Decide on which wallpaper you want to use for the moment and ssh or iFile in and delete "Subject_" and leave only Wallpaper.png and [email protected]

4) Respring and your wallpaper should be showing.

5) To alter your Lock Screen Wallpaper you will need to select one of the two Tap...to unlock .themes or Slide(r)...to unlock themes. Path should look similiar to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C.HDTapAniLS.theme/Images.

Your own images that you want to use should be all named Subject_Default.png.
    THE @2x.png double is not needed here.
    Again, rename the original or you will loose the cool one that comes with the theme. All other changes are done the same as above by using ssh or iFile and then respringing.

Until another way is figured out, this is the only way to use personal wallpapers with ANY theme. When another way is figured out, then we will update the step-by-step instructions.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!
    2011-02-16 08:39 PM
    @tamorgen: Please check the order of your themes in winterboard. Not all Cydia apps will orb and instructions on how to do this are in FAQ of either the HD or PRO themes. I am on iPhone at work right now so can't give in depth info and links till I get home in two hours.

Once everything is in correct order in Winterboard and Summerboard is "OFF" then Reboot, not respring, the iPhone. Also posting screen shots of your problem icons and your winterboard setup will help us troubleshoot further.
    [email protected],
    I did follow the order, but I'll post screen shots so you know what I'm talking about. I've been running this since last September, and until 4.2.1, I haven't had an issue.

First pic, you'll notice that many of the icons are still in the default square, non-orbed type, including common ones like Facebook and iBooks. These icons WERE orbed before the 4.0 update.

I posted this image before the GOC 4 update, but I was running iOS 4.2.1. Notice that those same icons are orbed.

Next pic, shows folders. This one I'm a little unsure of, but weren't the folder icons orbed as well?

Last pic, shows the order of the themes in Winterboard

On that note, nothing will work correctly if I turn SummerBoard Mode OFF.
    2011-02-17 01:06 PM
    [email protected],
    I did follow the order, but I'll post screen shots so you know what I'm talking about. I've been running this since last September, and until 4.2.1, I haven't had an issue.

First pic, you'll notice that many of the icons are still in the default square, non-orbed type, including common ones like Facebook and iBooks. These icons WERE orbed before the 4.0 update.

U only have two G.O.C. Pro options? something definitely got screwed up in cydia..looking into it right now.
    2011-02-17 07:58 PM

U only have two G.O.C. Pro options? something definitely got screwed up in cydia..looking into it right now.
    No, there are more. Those are just the ones I enabled and brought up to the top. Do I need to enable more to get the rest of the orbs to show?
    2011-02-17 08:03 PM
    No, there are more. Those are just the ones I enabled and brought up to the top. Do I need to enable more to get the rest of the orbs to show?
    Do me a favor and uninstall PRO all together and then reinstall it via cydia...I will post instructions on how to set things up in winterboard correctly
    2011-02-17 08:12 PM
    Do me a favor and uninstall PRO all together and then reinstall it via cydia...I will post instructions on how to set things up in winterboard correctly
    Just uninstalled and am waiting for it to download from Cydia.
    2011-02-17 08:17 PM
    Just uninstalled and am waiting for it to download from Cydia.

ok, after it's installed go to the bottom of my first post for winterboard setup info. Keep me posted
    2011-02-17 08:37 PM
    [email protected],
    I will state that your first problem is the order of themes you have in winterboard! This is why we have user post screen shots.

G.O.C. PRO.theme MUST be under ALL your other check marked themes. Looking at Toys 1st post in this thread will give you the correct order that they should be in.

Hope this fixes your problem

2011-02-17 08:42 PM
    I followed the directions exactly. I uninstalled and reinstalled G.O.C. Pro. I cleared the icon cache again, reset my weather code, reordered everything to exactly the way it is on post 1. The only things I have checked are:

No Icon Shadows - iBlank
    G.O.C. Pro_Weather+Date
    G.O.C. Pro

In that order. Summerboard mode is ON. I am getting the same results.

Oh, now also the GOC Pro dock is gone. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. almost think I need a clean wipe.
    Last edited by tamorgen; 2011-02-17 at 11:21 PM.
    2011-02-17 10:11 PM
    I followed the directions exactly. I uninstalled and reinstalled G.O.C. Pro. I cleared the icon cache again, reset my weather code, reordered everything to exactly the way it is on post 1. The only things I have checked are:

No Icon Shadows - iBlank
    G.O.C. Pro_Weather+Date
    G.O.C. Pro

In that order. Summerboard mode is ON. I am getting the same results.

Oh, now also the GOC Pro dock is gone. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. almost think I need a clean wipe.

Unfortunately, I'm fresh out of ideas - I think a clean restore and then re-jailbreak might be your best option. Sorry I couldn't help u more!
    2011-02-18 01:22 AM
    Great looking theme, the new update has fixed all of my current 4.2.1 issues!
    2011-02-19 12:30 AM
    >>>>>>>HOW TO CHANGE WALLPAPER & LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER iOS 4.2.1+<<<<<<<

ANYWHERE IT SAYS HD just CHANGE TO PRO...YOU all should get the idea!

iOS 4.2.1 and we assume future updates, have altered the way that theme users change wallpapers. BossPaper and other wallpaper changing apps no longer function properly in iOS 4.2.1. Apple has also managed to make the native wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper no longer function properly for themers.

To handle this inconvenience will require users to manually change wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper until other ways can be discovered.

To accomplish the manual change of wallpapers, users must learn how to ssh and will require the purchase and use of iFile if you wish to change wallpapers on the road.

We recommend that initial setup be accomplished while at home on your Mac or PC. You will need to put all of the wallpaper you desire to use in one folder and do the following:

1) Create two copies of each wallpaper and name them Subject_Wallpaper.png and [email protected] (Subject_ = the identity of your wallpaper and will be deleted when you want to activate)

2) Once you have all the wallpapers done that you wish to carry, you will need to ssh to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C. HD_W+D.theme (or ...HD_W+DMOD.theme or ...HD_W+D.theme or the same .themes that say (no dock))
    Drop your wallpaper collection into that folder, make sure you rename the default so you do not overwrite it.

3) Decide on which wallpaper you want to use for the moment and ssh or iFile in and delete "Subject_" and leave only Wallpaper.png and [email protected]

4) Respring and your wallpaper should be showing.

5) To alter your Lock Screen Wallpaper you will need to select one of the two Tap...to unlock .themes or Slide(r)...to unlock themes. Path should look similiar to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C.HDTapAniLS.theme/Images.

Your own images that you want to use should be all named Subject_Default.png.
    THE @2x.png double is not needed here.
    Again, rename the original or you will loose the cool one that comes with the theme. All other changes are done the same as above by using ssh or iFile and then respringing.

Until another way is figured out, this is the only way to use personal wallpapers with ANY theme. When another way is figured out, then we will update the step-by-step instructions.
    noob here. I attempted this and it didnt work, all I got was a black background. Can you pm me and walk me through this. I created the wallpaper files, added them to .themes, renamed the original, resprung, and all i got was a black background. Your help would be awesome. Thanks

btw. 3gs. 4.2.1 GOC PRO
    Last edited by Squeakers; 2011-02-20 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-02-20 08:21 AM
    noob here. I attempted this and it didnt work, all I got was a black background. Can you pm me and walk me through this. I created the wallpaper files, added them to .themes, renamed the original, resprung, and all i got was a black background. Your help would be awesome. Thanks

btw. 3gs. 4.2.1 GOC PRO
    You just changed the wallpaper in the wrong folder. You have to change the wallpaper in the WIDGET that you have selected for use.

2011-02-20 06:13 PM
    You just changed the wallpaper in the wrong folder. You have to change the wallpaper in the WIDGET that you have selected for use.
    maybe I'm still not getting this. Changed the wallpaper in .theme, userwallpaper.theme, dock.theme, selected these individually in winterboard and I still get a black background. Thanks again for your help, its greatly appreciated
    2011-02-20 06:52 PM
    maybe I'm still not getting this. Changed the wallpaper in .theme, userwallpaper.theme, dock.theme, selected these individually in winterboard and I still get a black background. Thanks again for your help, its greatly appreciated
    Please post a screenshot of your winterboard setup so that I can tell you where to put the wallpaper...Thank You

2011-02-20 08:01 PM
    Please post a screenshot of your winterboard setup so that I can tell you where to put the wallpaper...Thank You
    Thank you for the help
    Attached Thumbnails **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0663.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0664.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0665.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0666.png   **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan-img_0667.png  
    2011-02-20 08:22 PM
2,090 ... 50909899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD