i'm having issues with my status bar disappearing regularly. it won't come back on unless i respring. it didn't happen until i installed g.o.c pro. any ideas?

newbie obviously - didn't think to check to see if i had the solid status bar turned on!
    glad u got it sorted out

Toyvan when will the auto icon creater come? Can you please give me a rough guess on what the date will be or the month please!!!!

-happy customer
    I submitted the update over a week ago...it's now in the power of the Rock devs to actually make it available...sorry! I remind them frequently via email that I am anxious to get it out to all of u

how do i use a different Lock Screen with this theme, everytime i choose a diff one in winterboard, the GOC Pro one overides it...
    do u mean a lockscreen background or slider? winterboard is priority specific so whatever u select u need to make sure it is above G.O.C. Pro...
    2010-02-01 06:55 PM
    So, I finally upgraded from 2g iPhone to a 3g. I got a good deal and it was practically brand new.

I want to load the theme to my phone and make a few changed but UNFORTUNATELY iPhonebrowser doesn't work!

I have 3g 3.1.2 Jailbroken & Unlocked by blackra1n/sn0w.

Someone please help.

Nevermind, i got it to finally work.
    Last edited by alohawaii; 2010-02-01 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-02-01 09:06 PM
    Just got the 2.0 update. Looks great. Only had to swicth the ipod icon. I'm not sure about the new mail icon, but it may grow on me.

I'm not sure how the automatic icon maker works, but it seems like it should probably shrink the normal icons a little more before being 'glass'ed.

Right now you have some icons that don't look as good as the old ones because the picture gets cut off a bit. (tweetdeck, gorillacam are examples).

Looks great otherwise!
    2010-02-02 09:45 AM
    Lost so many of my rock and cydia icons
    2010-02-02 10:05 AM
    I just purchased the app after uninstalling the free version. I guess I got in early on the update with auto-icons. Only problem is none of my icons are orb-ed. Well the first and last springboard pages are, but none of the others. The first page only includes stock iPhone apps and the last page only includes jailbreak apps.

Everything else has their App Store icon, even the popular ones with original icons in the free version (facebook, pandora, etc...).

Also wanted to ask something else for a while... I have the Glass Orb Color SBS theme installed. Everything on if works fine, but there is no icon for the SBSettings Tether Toggle. If someone can point me to one or explain how to make one and where to put it I'd appreciate it.
    2010-02-02 10:38 AM
    Just got the update and all the icons are there besides some of the other ones...
    2010-02-02 11:38 AM
    if all the icons on not being orbed you need to SSH to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ then delete these 2 folders:

SpringBoardIconCache
    SpringBoardIconCache-small
    2010-02-02 04:06 PM
    if all the icons on not being orbed you need to SSH to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ then delete these 2 folders:

SpringBoardIconCache
    SpringBoardIconCache-small
    Worked. Thanks

I'm not sure how the automatic icon maker works, but it seems like it should probably shrink the normal icons a little more before being 'glass'ed.

Right now you have some icons that don't look as good as the old ones because the picture gets cut off a bit. (tweetdeck, gorillacam are examples).

Looks great otherwise!
    Agreed with the auto-icon sizing. The regular icons definitely should be shrunk a little more. It doesn't really look like they're shrunk at all to me.

Otherwise everything looks fantastic.
    2010-02-02 06:43 PM
    Ya know, I spent 1.99 on this app, and I loved it. But this new update really just plain sucks. I am someone who doesn't have SSH on my jailbroken phone, nor do I want it or will I ever need it or want it. So now with that said, none of my icons are orbed, they're all standard. I cant rollback to update 5 and at least have some icons orbed. So basically thanks ToyVan, you got 1.99 of my money. Granted it's pocket change, but maybe, just maybe you'd think some of your users dont have SSH nor want to and now theyre f**ked out of using you theme. Thanks bro! You did a real awesome job, but this update took a dump
    2010-02-02 06:59 PM
    Ya know, I spent 1.99 on this app, and I loved it. But this new update really just plain sucks. I am someone who doesn't have SSH on my jailbroken phone, nor do I want it or will I ever need it or want it. So now with that said, none of my icons are orbed, they're all standard. I cant rollback to update 5 and at least have some icons orbed. So basically thanks ToyVan, you got 1.99 of my money. Granted it's pocket change, but maybe, just maybe you'd think some of your users dont have SSH nor want to and now theyre f**ked out of using you theme. Thanks bro! You did a real awesome job, but this update took a dump
    What exactly is your issue? ToyVan is one of the most customer friendly developer/theme maker Ive ever come across. Im sure if you actually post your issue, we can at least attempt to help you. Also, Toyvan has ALWAYS stated multiple times to have a backup of your icons and/or settings associated with the theme. As far as SSH goes, I don't know why you're not interested in it unless of course you don't have Wifi. If you don't want SSH on your phone, take it off after you're done working with it.
    2010-02-02 07:38 PM
    ^^^My problem is, is that with the new update. Now none of my icons are orbed, just the stock ones a few cydia/rock apps. And it's quite simple. I dont want SSH on my phone. I have wifi, but I dont want it. And dont want to install it to just clear an icon cache. I'm barely tech savvy, savvy enough to JB a phone, but I dont want to mess with SSH. Simple. With hte previous theme, I never need SSH, all the icons came with the update. I am sure there are others who have this theme and want nothing to do with SSH who have the same problem. Call it stubborn, or whatever. But I see no need to install SSH, when I didnt have to before I paid the 1.99. Before 2.0, I didnt need SSH and now I do to make the app/theme function like it used too. In no way am I against the creator, in fact I did say he did a good job with the theme, just not this update is all. And it sucks to, I love the theme, but when I have no icons orbed its useless IMO. I guess I'll just move to another theme now, until theres an update where I dont need SSH to make it function. I have tons of other themes, none need SSH. Hey, at least he got my 1.99, he can get a Latte at Starbucks with it. Would be nice if the theme functioned without having to SSH into my phone just to make it work right. Hey, hopefully other people without SSH who dont want it will speak their mind too, and if I am allone sobeit, its only 1.99 I can afford to lose that. It'd just be nice to have the option to not have to SSH into your phone to make it function like it should. The prior updates rocked, loved the theme, but its now my least fav. Thats all, I can live with not using it, just my 2 cents on the matter. He made a great theme, just wish I didnt need to SSH to clear my cache to make it work right.
    2010-02-02 07:49 PM
    Toyvan- thanks for a kickass theme and everything you do. That being said, I'm not a fan of this auto create icons. At all. Can it be disabled??! I like making my own icons, and just lost lots and lots of my own custom creations for icons that are chopped off and amateur looking. I know you are doin this to save time for newbs and everything which is great! But there should be an option to have this or not... If there's no way to turn this off, what are my options? If I re-ssh my stored icons from my pc, will I just lose them again the next update? Or should I just roll back to the previous version?

Thanks again brother
    2010-02-02 08:07 PM
    You can uninstall SSH after you're done clearing the cache. I'll post a complete walkthrough with MobileTerminal if you'd rather install that (which you can also uninstall after the cache is cleared).
    2010-02-02 08:12 PM
    @glassorbwentbad- just use ifile. No need to ssh, just do it locally on your iPhone.
    2010-02-02 08:14 PM
    Just got the 2.0 update. Looks great. Only had to swicth the ipod icon. I'm not sure about the new mail icon, but it may grow on me.

Looks great otherwise!
    thanks..u can always go to the online database with over 3,800 icons to choose from and SSH them back into ur device if u prefer some of the ones u had previously ...
    ONLINE DATABASE: http://www.zumodrive.com/share/1ORDZjcyYz

Lost so many of my rock and cydia icons
    go to the online database(link above)..more than likey u will find them there...

I just purchased the app after uninstalling the free version. I guess I got in early on the update with auto-icons. Only problem is none of my icons are orb-ed. Well the first and last springboard pages are, but none of the others. The first page only includes stock iPhone apps and the last page only includes jailbreak apps.

Everything else has their App Store icon, even the popular ones with original icons in the free version (facebook, pandora, etc...).

please read below...

Just got the update and all the icons are there besides some of the other ones...
    please read below..

^^^My problem is, is that with the new update. Now none of my icons are orbed, just the stock ones a few cydia/rock apps. And it's quite simple. I dont want SSH on my phone. I have wifi, but I dont want it. And dont want to install it to just clear an icon cache. I'm barely tech savvy, savvy enough to JB a phone, but I dont want to mess with SSH. Simple. With hte previous theme, I never need SSH, all the icons came with the update. I am sure there are others who have this theme and want nothing to do with SSH who have the same problem. Call it stubborn, or whatever. But I see no need to install SSH, when I didnt have to before I paid the 1.99. Before 2.0, I didnt need SSH and now I do to make the app/theme function like it used too. In no way am I against the creator, in fact I did say he did a good job with the theme, just not this update is all. And it sucks to, I love the theme, but when I have no icons orbed its useless IMO. I guess I'll just move to another theme now, until theres an update where I dont need SSH to make it function. I have tons of other themes, none need SSH. Hey, at least he got my 1.99, he can get a Latte at Starbucks with it. Would be nice if the theme functioned without having to SSH into my phone just to make it work right. Hey, hopefully other people without SSH who dont want it will speak their mind too, and if I am allone sobeit, its only 1.99 I can afford to lose that. It'd just be nice to have the option to not have to SSH into your phone to make it function like it should. The prior updates rocked, loved the theme, but its now my least fav. Thats all, I can live with not using it, just my 2 cents on the matter. He made a great theme, just wish I didnt need to SSH to clear my cache to make it work right.
    please read below...

Toyvan- thanks for a kickass theme and everything you do. That being said, I'm not a fan of this auto create icons. At all. Can it be disabled??! I like making my own icons, and just lost lots and lots of my own custom creations for icons that are chopped off and amateur looking. I know you are doin this to save time for newbs and everything which is great! But there should be an option to have this or not... If there's no way to turn this off, what are my options? If I re-ssh my stored icons from my pc, will I just lose them again the next update? Or should I just roll back to the previous version?

Thanks again brother
    it can be disabled if u delete the files that "auto-create" the icons..but why would u want to do that? u can just SSH back any icons and custom changes that u had previously...u will not lose them again in future updates, it was necessary this time due to multiple reasons..however, I have always stressed that u always make a backup of everything!

FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEM WITH AUTO-CREATE:
    1. Open Rock or Cydia and search for 'iFile' and install it(iFile is free, however it's continued development depends on donations, so please consider making a contribution to it's developer)
    2. Open 'iFile' and click on the top left button until u get to the "root" directory...u will know u are there when u can't go any further and u see the forward slash symbol "/"
    3. Navigate to the following directories:
    var/mobile/Library/Caches - and delete these two directories/folders:
    'SpringBoardIconCache' & 'SpringBoardIconCache-small'(don't worry, this is very safe! these folders will be automatically re-created after u respring ur device)
    4. Respring ur device and now all ur existing, and all future App Store icons, will now be "Orbified"

2010-02-02 08:32 PM
    So I install SSH, reluctantly. Go to clear my icon caches, and still no orbs.....all sorts of fail on my end.
    2010-02-02 08:34 PM
    Okay thanks toyvan, I have backups in my pc just was making sure this was a one time thing though. Thanks for your quick reply. Does this mean no more making icons for peeps? I kinda enjoyed that sorta thing, making icons.
    2010-02-02 08:36 PM
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]
    FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEM WITH AUTO-CREATE:
    1. Open Rock or Cydia and search for 'iFile' and install it(iFile is free, however it's continued development depends on donations, so please consider making a contribution to it's developer)
    2. Open 'iFile' and click on the top left button until u get to the "root" directory...u will know u are there when u can't go any further and u see the forward slash symbol "/"
    3. Navigate to the following directories:
    var/mobile/Library/Caches - and delete these two directories/folders:
    'SpringBoardIconCache' & 'SpringBoardIconCache-small'(don't worry, this is very safe! these folders will be automatically re-created after u respring ur device)
    4. Respring ur device and now all ur existing, and all future App Store icons, will now be "Orbified"

I'm slightly dumb, so excuse me for ignorance. But if I do this, what happens when I want to revert back to a stock phone, will my icons go back to normal or still stay orbed????
    2010-02-02 08:39 PM
    Is the calendar icon supposed to display the date? Mine's blank. If it is does anyone know how I can get it working properly. It sure is ugly all blank and white up there!
    2010-02-02 08:47 PM
    Thanks TV. I slowly figured everything out. I should start using my head more than rather asking for help 24/7.
    2010-02-02 08:50 PM
2,090 ... 2129303132334181 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD