Today I finally had the time to upgrade my iPod Touch from 3.0 to 3.1.1 and it was a dumb decision. Everytime I would start updating it my iPod would crash and itunes would say "An unknown error has occured (13)" so I had to downgrade to 3.0 but know my iPod won't go into dfu mode, when i press and hold both buttons it just turns my iPod on, so it won't jailbreak. Does anyone have a way to help me upgrade to 3.1.1 or jailbreak my touch again (it's a first gen) or even show me a way to put my iPod into dfu mode (i've heard about ways of doing it without touching my touch)?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2009-09-23 02:16 PM
    Well, you need your device in order for it to be put into DFU mode!
    If the way you're hitting the buttons is turning it on (out of locked sleep or turning on?), then you could very well be doing it incorrectly. I'm not aware of any way to put the device into DFU mode with software readily available.
    As to the issue before; where did you get the FW file? How were you upgrading (having it done automatically or were you selecting the file yourself)?
    2009-09-23 10:08 PM
    i am using redsn0w for 3.0 because i m now afraid of 3.1.1 and i no i am doing it right because i've done it many times before and had it work as well as watched tons of videos when i did what they did. the one thing different between my touch an the ones in the videos is that the apple logo goes away before they release the power button but mine keeps showing untill the ipod turns on
    Name? whereswaldo
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2009-09-23 10:44 PM
    The Apple logo should never come on. If it is coming on, then it's trying to boot up (in your case, it's successful). When going into DFU mode, the screen should be black - always.
    2009-09-25 03:07 AM
    i found out there was a problem with my home button that only happened when it was held for multiple seconds at a time, it is currently being repaired. Thanks for your help Jeckel
    Name? whereswaldo
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2009-09-27 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD