Hi Guys and Gals....

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Whatever i do in winterboard my sms sound will not change to any of my downloaded ones from cydia..

It doesnt matter where i place it or what order i place it in Winterboard the SMS sound always stays the same default one.

I am on a 3G 3.0

anyone else have this problem?

Please help
    Quote found somewhere from a guy called 'Aggitated' LOL

I REALLY wish someone would come out with an iPhone killer, not to kill the iPhone, but make Jobs really have to work for all this money we are all just throwing at him like a stripper on a pole........

2009-10-07 11:22 PM
    How about u apply it and go into settings
    sounds and change the SMS tone to Horn
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button
    2009-10-08 12:01 AM
    I use iFunBox to change the UISounds, just google it, works whit FW 3.0
    2009-10-12 04:44 AM
    what process are you using to apply the sms sounds? theme thru winterboard? if that doesnt work try replacing the system UIsounds directly.
    2009-10-14 07:37 PM
    Just ssh into your phone. I would NEVER, NEVER use winterboard for anything other than to show someone NOT to get after you JB!
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2
    2009-10-16 01:07 AM
    Well not everyone is savvy on SSH. I for one would rather use winterboard. I had this same problem ricmoo2007. I had to restore and rejailbreak. I couldn't find the offending app or program that caused this issue. But since I restored it, I did'nt download "native sms for 2g" app. So far it works like a charm.
    2009-11-02 09:30 PM
    I wasn't "savvy" in it either. I'm still not but I can get to the UISounds folder to copy **** over. Winterboard has time and time to be nothing but trouble and a way to slow the **** out of an iPhone. Wouldn't logic say if you're having these troubles to find a different and better way? Just sayin...
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2
    2009-11-03 12:08 AM
    ok i was reading this thread and now i would like to know.....i downloaded (to my 3gs) a "windows 7 sounds" and have the same issue as the origional poster.....where in my iphone directory would the downloaded sounds be so that i can just swap them?
    2009-11-17 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD