User Tag List

So as of right now I am running a 3.1.1 Ipod touch. Its not jailbroken nor has it been. I bought it a few weeks ago havnt got around to messing with it and started to today. Ive been doing some research and came up with, To jailbreak my 3.1.1 i must first downgrade to a 3.0? and than jailbreak? And I also looked into "Blackra1n" and saw something called Cydia.
    Now thats what im curious about.
    To use this Cydia, Must i have a wifi connection with my ipod or can i just use the internet on my pc to download files? Because i have no wifi so im just woundering if i can still jailbreak withougt problems do to that, or if i should just wait awhile?

Please, anyone?
    Last edited by cameronotto; 2009-10-14 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-14 03:18 AM
    You shouldn't need to downgrade (you could, if you wanted to), just use redsn0w or blackra1n and you should be fine.

Cydia is the main way by which jailbroken applications are put onto the device. For the app to work, you do need a WiFi connection. You can use your computer to put apps onto you device, it's just a few extra steps.
    2009-10-15 03:11 AM
    I don't think you can use your computer to put apps onto your device effectively. I've done that before, but that just simply...puts it there. It doesn't install it into the software or whatever.
    2009-10-15 03:20 AM
    There is a piece of software that actually works with Cydia on your PC called Cyder. Here is a link to download.
    2009-10-15 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD