I tried looking thru posts and using some keywords like Rock your phone cydia etc...and came up with nothing..

Is it safe or will there be a conflict if I go back into Blackra1n and install Rock your phone while having Cydia installed,or do they finally play nice with each other? I have my phone as I want it again (just working on modding a few themes),and would like to install Rock even tho I didnt do it the morning Blackra1n was released..

THanks in advance..And for the people who will say "use the search feature" I tried and it brought up nothing that I could go by..So a simple Yes its fine or No it will conflict is all im looking for :P
    2009-10-17 09:54 AM
    You can install Rock via Cydia - they both work fine together for me
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |
    2009-10-17 10:04 AM
    No issue here either.
    2009-10-17 10:14 AM
    rock via cydia or rock via Blackra1n installer (as its still on my springboard and gives me the option when I open it)
    2009-10-17 12:46 PM
    Either way doesn't matter, I never used blackra1n, my first option would be Cydia.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |
    2009-10-17 01:26 PM
    Why would you want two installers on your phone when they install the same things?
    2009-10-19 05:28 PM
    Why would you want two installers on your phone when they install the same things?
    I use Cydia as it stores up my ECID and Rock as it allows free trials / app backup / is faster.

OP: Cydia and Rock work fine together, just don't install Cydia and Icy - led to all sorts of problems with Cydia for me.
    2009-10-21 09:23 AM
    I just loaded Cydia from Rock, and it totally jacked up my phone. Five column springboard completely vanished. Neither Cydia nor Rock will allow me to reinstall, gives me some crap about dependencies. The only reason I tried to put Cydia on, is that I could not download ********** through rock. I had the correct repository, but it would fail to download the GUI portion of the program every time. When I go through the steps to uninstall Cydia via Rock, I get the popup that uninstalling Cydia may render my phone inoperable. I've got what I needed from Cydia, now I just want to go back to using Rock. Any suggestions?

just found that the five column springboard issue is due to an update that prevents it from being installed on 3.1, because it is not currently able to be uninstalled, so maybe freakout not necessary.

just removed rock via cydia, as the there are still programs, such as 3g unrestrictor, and such, that you can't yet get through rock, due to payment arrangements not having been made with the developers. Rock is faster and slicker, and I will definitely go with it, once everything cydia offers is available there.
    Last edited by nucka; 2009-10-30 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-30 05:03 PM
    Where do I find Rock Pass to create an account?
    2009-11-09 04:27 PM
    Rock Has caused conflicts with my phone I would advise no one to use it with Cydia its either or pick I prefer cydia.
    2009-11-09 11:22 PM
    Wow okay, all that being said this is my situation. I have an iPhone 3G running 3.1.2. I used blackra1n to install Rock and Rock only. I noticed that not everything is available through Rock and so I've considered going back and installing Cydia. Judging by the last few comments I see that might not be a good idea. Any suggestions?
    2009-11-28 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD