User Tag List

I recently bought a program called CategoriesSB, which is a pay-for addon to the free Categories program on Cydia. I was so impressed with the functionality of the program that I decided to go ahead and extend my TRON themes into Categories folders.

Wish me luck with the rest of the icons -- I plan do a full collection in at least 2 colors.
    Attached Thumbnails TRON Categories Addon Icons [Preview]-categories-stack.jpg  
    2009-10-31 03:56 AM
    I put down the "Left 4 Dead 2" demo long enough to make 32 more folder icons tonight!

The cool thing about making folder icons is that I don't have to worry about making it for something specific -- I don't even have to name them correctly. I can make it look like anything I want, and you (the user) gets to decide if they want to use it or not.

The only thing that I'm limited by is the TRON-style I created -- the folders have to look right being side-by-side with the icons from my Tron theme. I'm using many of the same models and the exact same lighting and texture techniques, so they should blend together perfectly

When I get into the flow of it I can make a lot all at once. Changing the colors and re-rendering should be easy, albeit time-consuming.

I'm up to 36 icons so far, and I still have at least 10-15 more I want to make. If I do them in three colors that's about 150 icons to choose from! I haven't decided if I want to release them all at once or in groups.

[Edit] I added a pic of my springboard -- I'm down to one page using CategoriesSB! Can you pick out which folder is the TRON folder?
    Attached Thumbnails TRON Categories Addon Icons [Preview]-photo.jpg  
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2009-11-02 at 05:38 AM.
    2009-11-02 05:28 AM
    I have a total of 58 folder icons. Phew.

I'll be releasing them to Cydia at some point. Not tonight, I need to step away from my computer for a little while!

Here's a few screenshots I just took...
    Attached Thumbnails TRON Categories Addon Icons [Preview]-photo.jpg   TRON Categories Addon Icons [Preview]-photo-2-.jpg   TRON Categories Addon Icons [Preview]-photo-3-.jpg  
    2009-11-02 10:52 PM
    I wasn't happy with how the icons looked on my iPod screen. They were washed out and sad looking compared to the vibrancy of my TRON theme icons.

I fiddled around for a couple hours getting the colors to render just right, and after some other minor (but important) adjustments I re-rendered them all. All of them. One by one.

Now I have 78 folder icons. I tried to anticipate every possibility, and I also included many abstract "Tron" shapes that can be used for whatever you want. The cool thing is that once you get used to a design that designates a folder, that design then gets infused with meaning in your memory. Funny how that works.

I'll post an update tomorrow.
    2009-11-04 06:35 AM