Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while but haven't really posted, just soaked up all the good posts :P Anyway, I put together a little theme for my favorite iphone game, TTR, and thought I'd share with ya'll.

Basically I had a few minor issues with the beat markers and the text in the game, and once I realized that all of the resource files are in the root directory I figured I'd take care of those minor issues myself :P

These changes are:

Colored information text. Having the text for your tap results different colors means you don't have to read the message, but just glance at it's color to know how you did.

Spark Hints, I added a border around the sparks so that they're easier to distinguish from one another when you have a lot of them close together. Right now it's pretty difficult to tell when to tap when you have a lot of sparks next to each other, and I consider that an artificially introduced level of difficulty that just doesn't need to be there.

A new logo area. I know Nate will have his own logo, but I just threw this one in there for now because it matches my message text a lot better than the old logo. Plus it ties in my icon pack a lot better

Icons, I have 3 available, you've seen them before, Red, Green and Blue for whatever suits your tastes.

You can see the differences below, as well as a video of the mod in action. I'm missing on purpose btw, lol.

A video of the new images in action

1 - How to iShare Install

The First, and most important step is to delete the image files we are replacing.

It has come to my attention that iShare does not overwrite files, if it detects a file of the same name present, it skips that file.

So let's launch MobileFinder and browse to the Applications folder. Now, in MobileFinder, press the Settings button, and Turn Off "Application Launch"

This will prevent MobileFinder from launching TapTapRevolution, and allow you to browse the files inside it's folder. (You can turn these settings back on when we're done here)

Now, you're going to Delete the following files:

* menuback.png
    * background.png
    * default.png
    * sparkle1.png

* perfect.png
    * good.png
    * wrong.png
    * icon.png

Highlight an image, press the delete button below, and then press the delete button again. It will move to the left on the second press to make sure you didn't press the button on accident. Do this for all the files above and then we're ready to download from iShare!

2 - iShare Direct to iPhone Download

Now we're going to download the replacement images using iShare. To do this, enter these 6 digits at the end of the download URL in iShare i.e. after the forward slash in http://www.sendspace.com/file/

Game Images

* menuback.png: mb1pdz
    * background.png: 6gl19x
    * default.png: hutyku
    * sparkle1.png: bldbrk

Text Images

* perfect.png: xbdr0c
    * good.png: 8eiayv
    * wrong.png: qltk6m

Application Icon
    Just install one of these, pick the color you prefer

* Red: q7tq14
    * Green: 81y6ke
    * Blue: s3wn3u

To install these new files you'll need to browse to the directory below when iShare asks you where you would like to save them:

Applications/TTR.app/

For this example I'll download the sparkle1.png to the TTR.app folder:

Applications/TTR.app/sparkle1.png

*Note - you may need to press the folder labled ".." to browse up one folder and so on until you reach the main directory where the Applications folder is found. Once there, tap the Applications folder and locate TTR.app, tap it to browse it

Once You've downloaded a file, hit the back button, delete the 6 digits from the last download, and enter the next 6. Click the next button and do this until you get to the icon file. Just download one of those, whichever color suits your tastes

Standard Install & Download
    If you would like to install these files using your desktop computer, simply download the zip file below and copy the files to your TTR applications directory with WinSCP/Manzana/Breezy/iBrickr.

Applications/TTR.app/

For this example I'll copy good.png to the TTR.app folder:

Applications/TTR.app/good.png

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ld6gx

Thanks goes to NateTrue for creating this wonderful game
    2007-09-26 02:56 AM
    Wow. Very nice post. I will be installing this myself!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-26 02:59 AM
    sweeet tnx for this x999x
    2007-09-26 05:21 AM
    I believe these were on another site (maybe everythingiphone) a while ago cause I somehow already have them... Lol either way, great work they look awesome
    2007-09-26 05:26 AM
    these look so much better than what is included with the game. Great work.
    2007-09-26 06:04 AM
    I added this to installer to make for easier install. Great stuff man, makes the game even more enjoyable, thanks
    2007-09-26 06:39 AM
    Wow. Very nice post. I will be installing this myself!
    I'm honored

sweeet tnx for this x999x
    My pleasure, and its the least I could do for the patrons here, their contributions have helped me considerably in learning to mod my iphone.

I believe these were on another site (maybe everythingiphone) a while ago cause I somehow already have them... Lol either way, great work they look awesome
    Yeah, I did post these on another forum, and as of lately it's community has kind of thinned out. I thought I'd head over to this playground and say whats up to the cool kids with my humble offering

these look so much better than what is included with the game. Great work.
    Thanks for the compliment, I hope it makes your game sessions more enjoyable, that was my ultimate goal

I added this to installer to make for easier install. Great stuff man, makes the game even more enjoyable, thanks
    Whoa, thats awesome, Thanks!!!

Also, thanks for mentioning the bit with making the game more enjoyable, because thats been my focus all along. The Beat markers in their original form negatively impacted the game in a way that wasn't present in BeatMania, DanceDance Revolution, Guitar Freaks, or Guitar Hero. These music games use Beat markers which are visible and easy to distinguish when there are lots on screen, TTR was kinda missing that point, and it was artificially adding a degree if difficulty that erodes the game engine.

---

Thanks for posting folks, I appreciate your feedback and critiques.

2007-09-26 07:55 AM
    Good to have ya, x999x. Stick around, we're planning on having some fun.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-26 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD