I dont ever use Stock anyway, just wondering if it possible to remove it from the Homescreen. thanks!

Is there anyway we can rearranged the other icons around?
    2007-09-26 03:24 AM
    Yes. You need to get rSBT and then you can rearrange your springboard. Just throw "Stocks" in the hidden section.

The only other way is to manually rewrite your DisplayOrder.plist. But it take time.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing
    2007-09-26 04:12 AM
    /\ thats exactly what i did, i don't use stocks, nor watch youtube so i used rSBT to hide them but if i want to use them i still can via finder or dock
    2007-09-26 04:18 AM
    thanks!!

i got rSBT to work, very easy, so awesome!!!
    2007-09-26 06:23 AM
    Along those lines, does rSBT work with summerboard?
    2007-09-26 06:30 AM
    Along those lines, does rSBT work with summerboard?
    yes.
    2007-09-26 06:35 AM
    is it possible to do this without using a app to hide the icon... i want to remove the whole thing
    2010-01-04 06:14 PM
    is it possible to do this without using a app to hide the icon... i want to remove the whole thing
    I think there is a way to do this by hacking one of the system files, but in general you can't. Apple has decided that Stocks are part of the integral "iPhone experience", and they don't trust you to make your own decisions with your own hardware (thereby diluting the "iPhone experience") so they've just removed that capability from the phone.

For jailbroken phones, there is a Cydia app called 'poof' that makes things like Stocks go away, but for the default phone you are along for whatever ride Apple wants to take you on.
    2010-02-07 11:04 AM
    SBsettings
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

2010-02-07 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD