User Tag List

I really can't stand the sounds that apple gives us for messaging. Almost everyone with an iphone uses the default sound *I am also guilty of this* and with so many iphones in the world its quite annoying. So I am looking for a suble replacement.

Now I am looking for 2 sounds, the default noise when your not viewing the message, and of course the one when viewing the conversation. My buddy has 2 but he can't remember where he got them nor will he give them to me for the simple reason "it defeats the purpose of having different sounds" and while I agree with him its not like were together 100% of the time.

So I've spent countless hours on Cydia, Winterboarder and even googling for some simple sms tones but my search has really come up short of exactly what I am looking for. So I turn to you forum readers to possibly post some of your custom tones, or point me in the right direction so I can find my own.

Now to narrow it down to what type of sound i'd like it to be is tough, something simple but loud for when its in my pocket and something soft and subtle when im in the conversation.

I know thats pretty short for a description but its really all i have to offer. please post up some for me and hopefully other people like me can use this thread as a strong source of replacement sms tones!

-sLp
    2009-12-01 09:00 AM
    Here are 3 ive stuck on my phone
    probebly not what ur looking for but have a look
    HERE
    just click on ringtones and u will see the sms tones as well
    all free

the windows music you will need to run through ish*t
    soz i mean itunes
    Attached Files
    2009-12-06 11:42 PM
    I have made some Nextel chirps and some others that are simple and loud. Check them out and let me know. I can make whatever you need.
    Attached Files
    2009-12-16 08:30 AM
    Thanks guys! i'll check them out when I am at home seeing I have no speakers here at work!
    2009-12-18 06:50 AM
    I have made some Nextel chirps and some others that are simple and loud. Check them out and let me know. I can make whatever you need.
    How can I easily replace my SMS tones with these on my Jailbroken iPhone?
    2009-12-18 03:44 PM
    just drag and drop using diskAid

thats all i do
    2009-12-18 04:16 PM
    SSH to your phone and go to:
    /var/stash/Themes/

I just created a folde there titled "CustomSMSTones" and then in that folder i created "UISounds" folder.
    Now drop all of the custom nextel sounds into that folder.
    The path should now be

"/var/stash/Themes/CustomSMSTones/UISounds/"

Now go to Winterboard and you should have a new thing in there titled "CustomSMSTones", select it and let it respring.
    Hope that helped.
    2009-12-20 08:43 AM
    If I'm running a theme that already has sounds but want to change some to these in the newly created customSMStones, do I just check them and put them under my theme in Winterboard or above?

or do I just replace the sounds in the theme's folder on the phone... and not worry about creating the custom folder

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

never mind, i found my own answer..& I tested it... sms-received#.caf files go in the theme folder & I can rename to a file not used!

cool.
    Last edited by vegasj; 2010-03-12 at 06:22 PM. Reason: fixed error
    2010-03-12 06:08 PM
    I have some pretty cool ones (I think)
    SMS, mail, voicemail, etc tones. Setup as a theme, just drop the folder in the themes directory, turn it off/on via winterboard.

Soundz.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    2010-03-12 06:24 PM
    Here are 3 ive stuck on my phone
    probebly not what ur looking for but have a look
    HERE
    just click on ringtones and u will see the sms tones as well
    all free

the windows music you will need to run through ish*t
    soz i mean itunes
    I really enjoyed the windows error music that was pretty kewl. Your other 2 sms tones while nifty just aren't what im looking for. Thanks tho!!

Hey man finally got a chance to check these out, not quite wut im looking for but thanks anyway!

I have some pretty cool ones (I think)
    SMS, mail, voicemail, etc tones. Setup as a theme, just drop the folder in the themes directory, turn it off/on via winterboard.

Soundz.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    Thanks for the file, but your sounds just aren't for me. =)
    2010-07-16 11:10 AM