User Tag List

Hey guys...I am trying to piece together a theme for my wife's iPhone, she wants to have bosspaper like I do, loaded up with pictures of our kids. She also likes the illumine icons, so I have been playing a little bit in PS tonight trying to come up with something.

First thing I need help with, is how to make the pictures look like they are behind the frame better, and maybe how to add a glassy gloss effect?

Second, overall, how can I improve it? She does not want any kind of spring jumps or categories, so it should be pretty simple. She actually just wants to slide from page to page lol...I should just have to make a wallpaper.png, throw a weather/date/time html on there, and then leave the area of the frame transparent on the wallpaper, then just resize all the pics to fit, and load up bosspaper under winterboard and that should do it.

Any way, here is what I have done so far...again not my icons, they are from illumine, the weather image is from the grzanka icon set, and the shelves I made from pieces of another shelf I found off the web, not sure where lol

Thoughts and tips are appreciated!
    2009-12-03 11:47 AM
    Here's what I'd do in Photoshop… Have the picture and the frame two different layers.

Play around with making the pictures have an Inner Glow (under Layer -> Layer Style). Adjust the Opacity to your liking. This will give it a frost around the edges.

For the Frame, Make a Drop Shadow (Under Layer Styles again). This will have it stand out not only over the picture but also your background. I'd also use this effect on the shelves so it looks consistent.
    2009-12-03 01:30 PM
    Here's what I'd do in Photoshop… Have the picture and the frame two different layers.

Play around with making the pictures have an Inner Glow (under Layer -> Layer Style). Adjust the Opacity to your liking. This will give it a frost around the edges.

For the Frame, Make a Drop Shadow (Under Layer Styles again). This will have it stand out not only over the picture but also your background. I'd also use this effect on the shelves so it looks consistent.
    Thanks for the tip...Wife didn't like how some of the pictures came out stretched looking and kind of small, so I redid it, and tried the shadows like you said, and this is the result so far:

Well, I can't seem to get any more help lol but I'll try again...I want the widget for the weather/date/time to look like above, but I am having a problem with it...can anyone help?

I am using the below widget for my wife's iPhone, and I need a little help moving things around. I am wondering if it is possible to separate the date and time from each other. I would like the date below the picture frame in the image below, and I would like to move the weather temp below the picture of the weather, and then finally move the time itself down just a few px, and over slightly to make it more aesthetic.

I know where to edit the files, and I was able to move the time and weather down, but not the temp, and not sure how to separate the date.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael

Link to widget I am using:

weather widget with date 1|

Also, I made the icons for the clock,calendar, and weather app to clear, so they could be pressed from the home page under their counterparts with the widget, but for some reason the calendar is still showing up...how do I get rid of it?

Thanks again!

here's what it looks like on her phone...my good friend the mad coder (ibynaffa) is working on the widget for me...anyone know how to fix the earlier mentioned calendar problem?

Feedback is welcomed too!
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 2009-12-05 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-05 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD