User Tag List

Hey guys,
    This is one of my first posts here and I'd really appreciate some help. I've been jailbroken on my iPod Touch 2G for a handful of months now. I'm comfortable using SSH with Cyberduck, using Cydia, Customizing themes, and a lot of other subjects pertaining to jailbreaking. So, I have this one simple question. I'm using 3.0 right now. However, when I try to find apps like Categories, SBSettings, or MxTube, I can't find them. When I look at them under the "Featured Apps" Section in Cydia, they come up with a strange page, which says "Note: cannot locate package...the package...cannot be found in your current sources..." It also says that I should be relatively up to date with firmware. Is 3.0 not as up to date as I need to be? I have a ton of sources, so I don't think that's the issue. I guess my question is, does Categories not work on 3.0 anymore?

Thanks in advance for any help

ToadStoolPorridge
    2010-01-24 02:10 AM
    have u searched
    2010-01-24 02:16 AM
    Yepp, and it's not showing up. The problem is, with my last jailbreak, everything was in Categories. Now, without SBSettings or Categories, I have access to none of my apps. It won't even let me download Searcher because of the same issue.
    2010-01-24 02:23 AM
    did u upgrade never upgrade a jailbroekn idevice always restore ur gonna have to restore and rejailbreak
    2010-01-24 02:38 AM
    did u upgrade never upgrade a jailbroekn idevice always restore ur gonna have to restore and rejailbreak
    I was running a jailbroken 3.0 touch. I went to rejailbreak it again and used a 3.0 firmware to make the custom firmware. Then, in iTunes, I did the option-click thing and installed that custom firmware. Then, I restored everything from my last iPod. I didn't upgrade from 2.2.1 to 3.0, I just kept using 3.0 in both times, although I created a different custom firmware for the second time. Do you think I have to install an official firmware, then create a custom one, install the custom one, and then restore as a new iPod?
    2010-01-24 02:42 AM
    restore to 3.1.2 official and then jailbreak with blackweather
    2010-01-24 02:45 AM
    restore to 3.1.2 official and then jailbreak with blackweather
    Alright, I think I'll give that a go tomorrow, as I'm probably just going to relax and watch the Aussie Open tonight. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. That looks really easy to use, so it should go well.

Sorry, I have one more question. When I am syncing, do I set it up as a new device, or do I set it up as a restore from my last sync? If I set it up as a new device, don't I lose all my save data from my apps and such?
    2010-01-24 02:51 AM
    haha ok
    2010-01-24 02:54 AM
    haha ok
    Should I set it up as a new device or restore it from my last sync? I would like to keep my internet connection settings, save data, etc., but if it's necessary, I'll set it up as a a new device.
    2010-01-24 02:56 AM
    u should set uo as new
    2010-01-24 02:57 AM
    u should set uo as new
    Alright, thanks, again, for all your help.
    2010-01-24 02:59 AM
    ok just tell us how it goess

Hey dude don't restore. Aparently it was pulled from cydia for inappropriate images and stuff not good for adolecense. Hopefully it'll be put back on after it's clean
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2010-01-24 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-01-24 04:27 AM
    Wow, really? That's a bit of a shame. Do you have any idea why SBSettings or MxTube don't work as well?

And, I have one more question. I know, I'm probably killing you with my curiosity. I installed blanknull so I could have blank apps because the Whitoken theme needed them. So I created a bunch of blank slots and that theme looked great. Now, I'm switching back to using Picnic. I can delete the bookmarks, but anytime I respring or restart my iPod, they all come back. Do you have any idea what I could do to fix this? Blanknull is like iBlank, it just created blank bookmarks to fill up space.
    2010-01-24 04:31 AM
    Delete blanknull u don't need it iblank makes the iconand as for sbsettings and categories. That could be the same problem as well
    2010-01-24 04:40 AM