User Tag List

Not sure if this is in the right place...
    Anyway, just need some advice/help on this strange Winterboard issue i have. I've got an Iphone 3GS is 3.1.2 firmware, jailbroken. i got winterboard recently, along with a Glasklart theme. I used my own wallpaper, and everything was fine. however, just yesterday, my wallpaper went black suddenly, and my lock screen went back to a default wallpaper. nothing i could do could change the picture; either through the default way, or through winterboard or anything. however, the stuff that was exclusively Glasklart theme, remained there (i.e. the icons, etc.) i've tried everything i can think of; reinstalling winterboard, removing it, deleting the LockBackground.jpg, rebooting, reinstalling again etc. Only after repeatedly fiddling with it, i got it working again, but the wallpaper still crashed every now and then, making me have to go through that process again.
    Is there a way to fix this? Or do i have to put up with it?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    2010-02-03 10:37 AM
    Make sure 'User Lock Background' is above the Glasklart theme in winterboard.
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

2010-02-03 11:53 AM
    is that where u drag the different stuff up/down on the winterboard list? i tried that as u suggested...it seemed to work at first, but after a couple of hours, the wallpaper disappeared on me again, leaving me with default lock screen and blank wallpaper thanks for ur suggestion anyway
    2010-02-04 07:06 AM
    Have you got 'user lock background' and 'user wallpaper' both on in winterboard?
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

2010-02-04 08:09 AM
    yes i do. should i?
    2010-02-04 08:10 AM
    That could be your problem, try only using one and see what happens, what does the theme include lockscreen etc..
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

2010-02-04 08:14 AM
    okay i've turned off the 'user lock screen' option, but i have a feeling i've tried that before...
    glasklart has its own background but i don't use it. only its icons
    i'll get back to you in a couple of hours haha see if it stuffs up again thx a lot

UPDATED
    it's a no-go my wallpaper just disappeared AGAIN
    Last edited by angelz.sin; 2010-02-04 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-02-04 08:35 AM
    okay i've turned off the 'user lock screen' option, but i have a feeling i've tried that before...
    glasklart has its own background but i don't use it. only its icons
    i'll get back to you in a couple of hours haha see if it stuffs up again thx a lot

UPDATED
    it's a no-go my wallpaper just disappeared AGAIN
    ok so you just want your wallpaper + glasklart?

then uncheck everything but the glasklart theme.

SSH into your device.
    -go to var/stash/themes.xxxxxx find glasklart and drop your wallpaper in there, make sure it is named Wallpaper.png.

-Or make a folder and name it something like My wallpaper (name of folder doesnt matter). Drop your Wallpaper.png inside that. Then put the folder inside the themes.xxxxx folder. You will see it in winterboard, check that and respring.
    Just make sure that the new folder is above the glasklart on the list.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337
    2010-02-09 10:06 AM
    well i managed to solve it...i disable all of Winterboard's stuff except for Glasklart and then used BossPaper.
    NOT that it matters anymore lol my phone went spastic and I had 2 restore, which bumped me up 2 3.1.3...i didn't tell cydia 'to make my life easier', so i guess i'm suffering 'learning the hard way'
    2010-02-09 10:29 AM
    I have the 3G. Always used Glasklart, now i updated to 3.1.2 and when i go to winterboard after i downloaded glasklart it not there!! i cannot see any of the winterboard things i download. its just the default options..

are there any new settings i should know of?
    2010-02-13 07:19 PM
    I know this is an old thread....

But I have a similar issue with winterboard.

My sb background is always black no matter what order i place things in winterboard or how many times i respring. Also, I can NOT get any docks to show up

Whether I select "user wallpaper" or my theme buuf2...

I have uninstalled and re-installed: theme, docks winterboard....

I am at a loss
    I am familiar with ssh'ing
    If someone has some suggestions, please email me [email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------->flickr <------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010-07-30 01:19 AM
    Okay folks i may have a solution. After playing with this stupid problem I figured out that it wasn't Winterboard screwing up the background. It was another application called Panorama which takes nice landscape pictures. I disabled its wallpaper setting that was overriding my Fallout 3 theme wallpapers and... voila it was fixed. For you it may not be the same app check your settings and see if another app is overriding winterboard.
    2011-01-16 08:36 PM