sweet man it should still look fused together even if you make it the border, becasuse the border will be in the same spot when you are on a page :P
    2010-03-19 01:55 AM
    posted some screen shots of the spring board
    Attached Thumbnails CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-photo6.jpg   CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-photo7.jpg   CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-photo8.jpg   CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-photo9.jpg  
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-03-20 at 06:44 PM.
    2010-03-20 07:41 AM
    any suggestions are more than welcome -- what's everyone think of my final version of the icon frames? They're a perfect outline of a stock icon, curved edges and all -- would they look better with less curve on the edges, or maybe more square overall?
    2010-03-20 06:42 PM
    i like the curved edges they look nice but i still like the original grey loading screen i like that grey with the shadows of the lines i really liked that combination
    2010-03-21 05:18 AM
    I'll make sure you get that one richhee - I decided to take out a lot of the shadow behind the tubes because it washed out the color of the background. The gray that you like is actually a bright white color that is darkened up quite a bit by the shadow
    2010-03-21 05:53 AM
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-04-21 at 05:22 AM.
    2010-03-21 11:51 PM
    2010-03-22 12:17 AM
    any suggestions are more than welcome -- what's everyone think of my final version of the icon frames? They're a perfect outline of a stock icon, curved edges and all -- would they look better with less curve on the edges, or maybe more square overall?
    im liking the uniqueness of this theme...

Suggestions:
    I personally don't like the bright colors of the blues and purples, it kinda needs "sleeked" a bit as far as the backgrounds and colors go, i dunno hard to describe. i really like the chrome on black/grey look, with lots of shadow and texture.

do the icons move frameless from page to page? or do they have frames that move with them and when it stops it looks like its fused with the background?

good job!
    2010-03-22 04:19 AM
    im liking the uniqueness of this theme...

Suggestions:
    I personally don't like the bright colors of the blues and purples, it kinda needs "sleeked" a bit as far as the backgrounds and colors go, i dunno hard to describe. i really like the chrome on black/grey look, with lots of shadow and texture.

do the icons move frameless from page to page? or do they have frames that move with them and when it stops it looks like its fused with the background?

good job!
    Thanks so much youngunn -- the frames do move with the icons - i tried to see what it would look like to have the frames fused with the chrome-tube walpaper, but the icons would move when you'd swipe through the springboard pages and everything else stayed still -- looked too weird for my taste. I'm glad you commented about the colors -- i"ve been debating over the shadowing, and that suggesstion is very helpful
    2010-03-22 04:25 AM
    Thanks so much youngunn -- the frames do move with the icons - i tried to see what it would look like to have the frames fused with the chrome-tube walpaper, but the icons would move when you'd swipe through the springboard pages and everything else stayed still -- looked too weird for my taste. I'm glad you commented about the colors -- i"ve been debating over the shadowing, and that suggesstion is very helpful
    no problem

i was just thinking, also that since reflective dock wouldn't look right with this that it would look really cool if you could make a slight relection of the chrome webbing on the background, man that would look really deep.
    2010-03-22 04:37 AM
    no problem

i was just thinking, also that since reflective dock wouldn't look right with this that it would look really cool if you could make a slight relection of the chrome webbing on the background, man that would look really deep.
    see - that's exactly what I've been debating. The wallpaper below is my original, with a lot of nice shadaw. The only downside is the background color, no matter how bright I make it, gets nice and drowned-out by the shadow-effect. I finally realized that the chrome is meant for dark colors, blacks and grays. Your suggestion pushed me to the right decision. Thanks bro
    Attached Thumbnails CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-1wallp.png   CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-2wallp.png  
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-03-22 at 05:35 AM.
    2010-03-22 05:29 AM
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-04-21 at 05:26 AM.
    2010-03-22 07:11 PM
    i like the one on the right and the black and grey wallpapers are the way to go
    2010-03-22 08:32 PM
    see - that's exactly what I've been debating. The wallpaper below is my original, with a lot of nice shadaw. The only downside is the background color, no matter how bright I make it, gets nice and drowned-out by the shadow-effect. I finally realized that the chrome is meant for dark colors, blacks and grays. Your suggestion pushed me to the right decision. Thanks bro
    No prob brotha! Ya i really like those backgrounds, they look real sweet.

i'm changing the icons. Which one is preferred out of these 2 options?
    i like the one to the right, more sleek looking. nice!

you know, what would monochrome icons look like on the darker background? just thinking aloud.
    Last edited by youngunn; 2010-03-23 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-23 03:09 AM
    No prob brotha! Ya i really like those backgrounds, they look real sweet.

i like the one to the right, more sleek looking. nice!

you know, what would monochrome icons look like on the darker background? just thinking aloud.
    Like This?
    Attached Thumbnails CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-1.png   CYDIA RELEASE - iFusion by TCcentex-2.png  
    2010-03-23 05:17 AM
    wow this has a really cool design man!! i love the icons and wallpapers, super awesome. keep up the good work.
    2010-03-23 07:22 AM
    wow this has a really cool design man!! i love the icons and wallpapers, super awesome. keep up the good work.
    mej got onand i'm stuck between the two icon shapes both look bomb dude
    2010-03-23 12:00 PM
    mej got onand i'm stuck between the two icon shapes both look bomb dude
    SHE LIVES! It's nice to hear from you Mejemaka!! And I'm leaning more towards icon #2...
    2010-03-23 01:45 PM
    Like This?
    i dont liket the black icon border i like it to match the silver
    2010-03-23 06:13 PM
    hello..! nice theme!! like spiderman!! lol a suggestion.. how about like cutting "icon sized" blanks in the wallpaper background. then it's like whenever u swipe a page on the springboard, the icons like "lock into place" with the background. to increase effect u know what I'm sayin..? lol I hope u get what I mean dude. even so, fantastic progress..

lol just re read my post and it sounds dumb. i meant to say like u know the chrome tubes.., cut out icon sized portions to make it look like when u switch pages and the icons move right, as though the icons are detaching from the tubes and once at the next page the icons will lock back into the slots that u have cut out. I'm bad at explaining. ask santaf. he has first hand experience with my POWERFUL explanations. lol
    Last edited by thetjshow; 2010-03-24 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-24 10:30 AM
256 123412 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD