hello santaf..! and nice work again with the progress of the ui. but dude I hope u will take this critisism constructively.. I'm just another user and ur not working to please everyone cos that's impossible but like all themers, u gotta WORK towards pleasing everyone! just my thoughts, the whole shelves for the icons. I love the frame and the color coordination of the whole theme but is there another way to integrate the shelves with the icons..? or use a different form of shelves? or maybe as part of the frame, a "shelve" or mini dock for each icon? in gold of course.. there is just something like kinda weird with the shelves and the icons with me! lol pls don't get me wrong my man.. I'm all about the progress of this theme.. thanks!
    2010-03-22 01:56 AM
    Thanks man seriously all critasism needed as long as it's constructive and that was I have been told about the shelves by another person so I will look into having a different form of shelf maybe a mini dock for each would be good. I'll look into it after I finish a bunch of other stuff. If you come up with an idea of the look maybe see an image somewhere that you think would look nice post it
    thanks for your thoughts and yes I do have to work to pleasing everyone so that's why I poste this wip thread.
    2010-03-22 02:56 AM
    heh! trust me, ur theme
    will be quite a succees! and thanks fer the positive-ness!! another thought. the pictures in the icons are great, but maybe a little flat. why not experiment to make the edges of the inner layer slightly softer to give more effect..?
    2010-03-22 03:34 AM
    heh! trust me, ur theme
    will be quite a succees! and thanks fer the positive-ness!! another thought. the pictures in the icons are great, but maybe a little flat. why not experiment to make the edges of the inner layer slightly softer to give more effect..?
    i'm not sure with what you mean bout the icons but here is some more UI

i recommend clicking on the images to see them bigger
    Last edited by santaf; 2010-03-22 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-22 08:13 AM
    fuuh!!! this is SEH-WEET!!! nice! will this be the pop up for iRealSMS too?? real stunning mate!

and as for the icons I am referring to the app icons on springboard that u created. on the shelves. it looks rather flat. like the layering. there are two layers right. the actual gold colored frame and then the icon picture. yea I was saying if the icon picture's edges were soften up abit I'm guessing it would make it look more 3 dimentional. hope u get what I'm tryna say my man..
    2010-03-22 08:26 AM
    fuuh!!! this is SEH-WEET!!! nice! will this be the pop up for iRealSMS too?? real stunning mate!

and as for the icons I am referring to the app icons on springboard that u created. on the shelves. it looks rather flat. like the layering. there are two layers right. the actual gold colored frame and then the icon picture. yea I was saying if the icon picture's edges were soften up abit I'm guessing it would make it look more 3 dimentional. hope u get what I'm tryna say my man..
    i havn't tried iRealSMS i use biteSMS but i'm sure it uses the same UI images so yes it will look like that. thanks and i'm not sure what you mean still, but i could try to add a drop shadow off of the frame into the icon image actoualy i'm not sure if i will be able to, because of the auto icon but maybe
    2010-03-22 08:33 AM
    hmm.. yea some shadow overlay would be a good idea I think..! experiment!! and give us your best!! hah! if u want u can give an image of your frame and I'll try to just put a random image in it and post it back to u fer an example.. I'm not fantastic at all with Photoshop but I did have some hands on trial and error with 2 different themes namely G.O.C Pro by toyvan and s2 by desalles. if u check GOC's page he also posted the shadow overlay for the auto create in his first post. maybe u can try it fer ur theme..? thanks again fer being this open and all. I was thinking that u know like most themers would not relate well to critisism or feedback. I can understand that they want the work to be their own and all. I respect that. and I respect u.
    2010-03-22 08:43 AM
    thanks for your kind words haha. i like ideas to see what it is people would like to see, because i dont wnat to spend all this time, and sell the theme 3 times hah would like it to be bought many many times. and everyone to enjoy it as much as i will, and already do, just like i really enjoy iMANA. i will look into this icon thing later when i'm done doing lots of other things with it also, but i'll pm you the psd to see if you can figure out what youw ant to show it and i can see it thanks

so with the UI navigation this is the pressed look, when you push on the button. (where it says messages at the top is the pressed one) what do you guys think, leave it like this, or make the pressed ones filled with gold color?

Last edited by santaf; 2010-03-22 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-22 10:40 AM
    Santaf i don't know why but i think you maybe could make the borders of the icons look like the border of this popup window. That would look sick in my eyes. It's just a thought. Is it possible to post a shoot if you try this :-)

2010-03-22 08:22 PM
    You mean like the big frame of the popup window? No I dinthink that's possible it causes too much space on the canvas amd because of the stretching of the image sidways I don't think o can do that =\
    2010-03-22 08:57 PM
    isn't it just resizing the borders to 59 x 60 px? Thought it would be simple to do that, because i like the border of the popup window more then the border of the icons ;-)
    2010-03-22 09:21 PM
    Ughh the border of the icons I thought you meant of the UI buttons hahah alright I'll check it out
    2010-03-22 09:30 PM
    sorry for the misunderstanding. Should have said the icons of the springboard. The buttons of the popup screen are perfect in my eyes ;-)
    2010-03-22 09:34 PM
    Haha no I just missread icons as buttons haha thanks hah I'll probably mess with that border for the icons later tonight and post it and see what people think
    2010-03-22 09:40 PM
    ok man, love waiting for this :-)
    2010-03-22 09:49 PM
    so didn't get around to the new icon style perhaps tomorrow night hah but i worked on a dialer tonight this is just an idea so far any ideas? i'm thinking maybe get rid of that gold highlight at the top?

2010-03-23 11:14 AM
    theme the bottom menu too pls..!! the "recent" "favorites" etc etc

and if ur gonna follow coolparet's suggestion about making the icons border simillar with the pop up border, then making the icons edges softer would be easier using the rectangular marquee thingy on Photoshop..!
    Last edited by thetjshow; 2010-03-23 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-23 04:42 PM
    nice dailer santaf. Looking forward to the springboard icons ;-)
    2010-03-23 05:32 PM
    thanks guys as you can see the bottom part is slightly themed the background of it is atleast... i will work on an image to put for them i'm thinkng gold bars haha

and colpaert thanks i actualy look forward to seeing how they look too with that newer border, you think i should make the sides straight like the popup, or curved in a little?
    2010-03-23 08:09 PM
    I think a very little curve could do some magic ;-) But hey, you are the artist. Whatever you do, its nice work that i couldn't to. So respect ;-)
    2010-03-23 08:15 PM
900 1234513 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD