i downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware for my ipod touch 3g.but when i go to restore thru redsnow or itunes(shift click),they dont recognize the file.its like the file format is wrong.It is a zip file that i downloaded.Should it not be a zip file?should i unzip it.I have tried unzipping i cant get the file to be recognized.what am i doing wrong.I am needing to restore because my touch is stuck when using blackrain.it wont finish jailbreaking,just gets stuck,on the ipod screen just shows the guys face,never reboots.please help.
    2010-03-21 08:25 PM
    what kind of ipod with what version is it an 8 gig? is it on 3.1.3
    2010-03-22 02:52 AM
    ok,i figured out that i needed to use firefox instead of safari.Itunes now recognizes the firmware but when i go to restore it says it cant recognize build or something.Why wont it restore to 3.1.2?i never did uograde to 3.1.3 and i dont want to.All i was doing was trying to restore to the original settings and now i cant get it out of recovery mode or anything.Been trying redsnow,blackrain and restoring via itunes but no dice.I just dont know what to other than upgrading up to 3.1.3.Can someone help me please restore it back to original,which was 3.1.2?
    2010-03-22 04:40 AM
    again i will ask if you have a 8 gig model?? have you tyried putting it into dfu mode then forcing a 3.1.2 restore? where did you get your 3.1.2 file from? cant help ya with the info given
    2010-03-22 03:32 PM
    sorry,i finally got it restored.i went and put the ip address for cyndia in my host files.That seemed to have done the trick.I had a 32gb 3g ipod touch.I guess thats what done it.I was in restore modde and was trying to get it into dfu.I dont think it ever did.But its restored now.I'm happy.
    2010-03-22 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD