So I recently tried to open cydia and it opened, but told me it didn't know what version it was running. I opened up the blackra1n app(I never uninstalled it) and I reinstalled cydia. Now, when I open cydia(or rock) and I go to the packages list that shows installed packages, it doesn't show any of the installed packages. I have tons of themes and tons of apps or utilities installed, but only things I have installed after reinstalling cydia will show up in the package list. Also, I have respringed multiple times, and I restarted once.

So if there is any way I could get my list of packages back, it would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by tplazarno; 2010-03-21 at 08:48 PM.
    2010-03-21 08:39 PM
    I too have that issue and can find little to nothing on the internet about it......and I am an expert at that! The fact of the matter is that I have seen a lot of this type of thing on the net in the past couple of weeks or so and am wondering what is really happening.

All of my Cydia and Rock apps work fine, its just that when I try to install anything else it acts as if that packages dependencies are not installed and then installs an older version and I then must update. aptBackup seems to be no help in this situation unless you restore from an iTunes backup which is my suggestion to anyone else who has installed aptBackup and has a backup of their device in iTunes.

I hope someone figures out what happened because this was no fluke.

Chris
    2010-05-12 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD