No problems with mine either make sure u use categories on last page that screwed me a couple weeks ago
    2010-05-09 03:37 AM
    I'm using the latest version of Iconoclasm, I've installed Clock Hide, to hide the main clock on the lockscreen. (first time user ) I love the tap to unlock!

Are any of the icons supposed to be themed? As currently many of my applications don't fit in with them theme.

In my opinion I think when you open up categories there should be a button called 'Back' which takes you to the homescreen (I can push the menu button maybe put back on the left side), I know I can push the Home button on the phone, But I think having it onscreen would fit in with the theme perfectly.
    Sorry about the clockhide thing, knew I would forget something.
    There is a icon overlay for any pages beyond the first page and the categories. If you arent seeing this please get iWipeCache from Cydia and run that, you should then see the icons themed.
    As far as I am aware categories doesnt support springjumps as the code refers to its current place on the springboard. Nick and I can look into this but I find hitting the home button on the device works fine.
    Thanks for the feedack

one observation when you open up a category menu you still get the day of the week covering the category title

when you turn off feeds it adds a day of the week to the calendar that rides up to where the month is I will try to post a screenie when I get home
    Again something I forgot to let everyone know about [remember I said it was late when I wrote the pfd, sorry! ha ha]. In categories when you manage a folder you can choose the option to not show titles. This will fix the overlap.
    Nick will fix the day of the week issue, we missed that one.
    Thanks for the feedback.

so im trying to set up and im in the iconoclasm part, but the ones ii downloaded dont match the names on the insturctions
    Have you got this working yet? If not please let me know what Layouts you do have.

finally, i got it installed without any major issues. there is however small problem that no one is facing?

the stack showing default icon instead of "menu" icon even though i have change to display as image. when i open the stack, it show the "menu" icon.

is there something i miss out?

everything working like a full version except for the stack icon.
    Strange that the icon isnt themed for you. This will just require the stack.app folder to contain the images, I will post a folder you can ssh in tomorrow unless someone else does it first.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Sweet! now that I'm on a long vacation from theming I can relax and load this bad boy on. Thanks for the link gang. Going to play today.
    Look forward to your feedback.

Also had a question about the lockscreen. Is there a widget going to go in the box? Seems like an awful big box for the date. Just thought i would throw some criticism since i LOVE this theme. That and the calendar thing is the only problems i have had. Were you talking about adding the calendar script to the main theme? If so that would make it easier on a lot of people who don't quite understand how plists work.

-D.L33T-

EDIT
    on a side note - i see what the box is for after going through the script. I think if you add zindexing to the lockscreen.css file you can actually have album artwork appear in the box also while playing music. just a thought. i will play with it some and let you know.
    That box shows your selected camera roll wallpaper like the stock lockscreen would. (I would love if the album artwork FIT into that box too without SnowCover)

Z, get busy creating icons for this theme! LOL There goes his "long vacation from themeing".
    Hasnt Z done enough! ha ha ha ha.

Ok so using a stack as a menu failed for me as stack put my phone in an endless respring until I sshed the dylib out..
    Sorry, Stack doesnt play well with everyone. If you have shrink installed please remove as that it has a known issue with stack.

Well considering it's stated that you can use stack as an option for the menu button it technically is related. All you had to say was that it was a known fact. I was not aware as I have never used stacks before. A nicer tone would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Im sure no such tone was intended, stack isnt the most stable app which is why I only suggested it can be used as some people prefer stack over categories. If you do have issues with stack there isnt really much Nick or I can do as the developer of the app has pretty much sworn not to help in any way.

I have a pretty dumb question. Where in da hail is the stack icon located? I cant even find stack in the application list. I was going to manually modify the stack icon (image) to the menu button because winterboard neglects to theme that icon, even though there is a stack icon listed.

Having horrible issues with iconoclasm. tried 1.4 and 1.3 and both make phone go to safe mode loop until uninstall. Maybe it doesnt want to play nice with stack, but it freezes and safe modes when i try to move icons in the layout.
    I have stack v3 and Iconoclasm 1.4-1 running on my device fine. What other addons are you running?
    Oh, and yeah, I didnt fully theme stack as I was able to just tell stack to theme the icon as "image" in the settings area.
    Thanks again for more feedback.

--------------------------------------------

Alright, that massive quote-fest took it outta me! ha ha, you guys are on the ball with this stuff which is awesome! Great feedback so far to which Nick and I will work on.
    Anyone who has been asking about Beta please check the first post for info. For those who PMd me with a request check your inbox. Oh and PLEASE PM me your email address that goes with your PayPal so I know who I am sending the Beta to, helps me track all of you! ha ha.

Side-note; The lockscreen time and date dont update until you unlock so please dont forget to do that if you havent looked at your device in a while as you will think no time has passed, ha ha.

Thanks again guys, Nick and I are working on fixes for your issues now plus all the new stuff!
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-09 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-09 04:37 AM
    no the problems i have is that in the download the layouts are called
    8 os 3x3 layout
    8 os category
    8 os sb pages
    8 os widget + app layout
    8 os widget + menu layout
    8 os widget layout

and so in the instructions it says eight os menu nav for page one on iconoclasm

and for layout it says
    pTest1

oh wait i just realized ptest1 can be anything right , but what about the menu nav setup for page 1
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2010-05-09 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-09 04:46 AM
    Nicholas - sent you a pm.

Also had a question about the lockscreen. Is there a widget going to go in the box? Seems like an awful big box for the date. Just thought i would throw some criticism since i LOVE this theme. That and the calendar thing is the only problems i have had. Were you talking about adding the calendar script to the main theme? If so that would make it easier on a lot of people who don't quite understand how plists work.

-D.L33T-

EDIT
    on a side note - i see what the box is for after going through the script. I think if you add zindexing to the lockscreen.css file you can actually have album artwork appear in the box also while playing music. just a thought. i will play with it some and let you know.
    agree. the box look weird. its look clean without the box. just my pov.
    Last edited by tongnt; 2010-05-09 at 05:10 AM.
    2010-05-09 04:50 AM
    no the problems i have is that in the download the layouts are called
    8 os 3x3 layout
    8 os category
    8 os sb pages
    8 os widget + app layout
    8 os widget + menu layout
    8 os widget layout

and so in the instructions it says eight os menu nav for page one on iconoclasm

and for layout it says
    pTest1

oh wait i just realized ptest1 can be anything right , but what about the menu nav setup for page 1
    Widget + Menu Layout. Sorry guys, forgot that I renamed the layouts.

agree. the box look weird. the time in the box does not show the real time too. its look clean without the box. just my pov.
    Yeah I am looking into alternatives, the main purpose of the Beta is testing the Widgets and desktop layouts.
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-09 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-09 05:01 AM
    Oh ok thanks
    2010-05-09 05:21 AM
    ...A nicer tone would be appreciated...
    No tone in whatever form was intended other than to just solicit some more feedback from your side (e.g...but Stack worked well before on another theme etc etc...) that's why it was a question.

@Entombed Sh4dw/Nicholas Knight, I'd suggest adding another Category called MEDIA to your MENU layout (this is quite a common app category that can house Multimedia apps e.g. Radio, iPod and Photo-related apps like Shazam, Pano, WunderRadio etc)

Secondly, I've perfected the (bits and pieces borrowed from the work of other great themers!) process of auto-creating and then injecting Categories/SB folders required for a specific theme into a device (in this case Applications, Communications, Games...) and am happy to send this to you if you want, or if you say so I can share with everyone here and some may find it helpful.

Thirdly, a quick question on SpringBack backup? Will you be aiming to include that in your next beta? I know this is always a tricky one as we all tend to have different apps on our devices.

Fourthly, if you can share your template for the App Icon Mask/Overlay we can start themeing some of the difficult icons/apps that don't work with the overlay/mask included in the theme.

Thanks
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-05-09 at 01:01 PM.
    2010-05-09 12:58 PM
    hey moe springback is not an option as it messes with icnoclasm
    2010-05-09 01:13 PM
    I agree with the media category idea.
    2010-05-09 01:56 PM
    We will be looking at an iSetup that will auto setup categories as you say.
    The app icon overlay isnt final, I wouldnt want to send it out and then change it on everyone!
    2010-05-09 04:07 PM
    We will be looking at an iSetup that will auto setup categories as you say.
    The app icon overlay isnt final, I wouldnt want to send it out and then change it on everyone!
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-05-09 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-09 07:17 PM
    Last two days i was traveling...i couldn't check my mail box....finally yesterday night i could manage to install without any issue....its working fine and looks awesome....here are my feedbacks

first - Thanks to Entombed & knight for this great theme....
    1. everything works fine...but i am facing a speed issue if i use flip picture widget....my phone becomes slow...free memory it drops down to 32mb....
    2. my calendar date is in Grey its not visible with the Grey background..
    3. the weather widget shows the temp in the center of the icon(weather)...is it possible to move slightly above or corner.
    4. if i select the pink icon option...the clock becomes pink and not working..means it becomes a pink clock icon.
    5. ipod player skin looks great.

Thanks once again.....for giving opportunity to test this awesome theme..

cheers guys
    2010-05-10 06:27 AM
    Last two days i was traveling...i couldn't check my mail box....finally yesterday night i could manage to install without any issue....its working fine and looks awesome....here are my feedbacks

first - Thanks to Entombed & knight for this great theme....
    1. everything works fine...but i am facing a speed issue if i use flip picture widget....my phone becomes slow...free memory it drops down to 32mb....
    2. my calendar date is in Grey its not visible with the Grey background..
    3. the weather widget shows the temp in the center of the icon(weather)...is it possible to move slightly above or corner.
    4. if i select the pink icon option...the clock becomes pink and not working..means it becomes a pink clock icon.
    5. ipod player skin looks great.

Thanks once again.....for giving opportunity to test this awesome theme..

cheers guys
    1. We are looking into the memory leak issues now. Nick and I havent had issues with the picture flipper so this one is new and will also be looked at.
    2. Calendar is linked to feeds, I assume you turned that off? This will be fixed soon.
    3. I am looking at doing the weather slightly different, a couple of versions will be made later.
    4. Yeah the icon color themes arent meant to be overlayed, more as a source for the icons if you decide to muck around with the layout. I decided not to include info about this at beta 1 as it was going to be too confusing for a manual install testing period. These options will be easier to implement when the iSetup begins being used.
    5. Thanks! It took me Aaaaaaages to find something that I thought fit the theme and looked good.

PS. Check your emails neptunex3
    2010-05-10 07:48 AM
    1. I want to try this theme out badly... just need to FINALLY FINISH my projects before I rearrange my already ravaged springboard >_<!

2. Super curious about the navigation... which, again, is why I SUPER BADLY want to try this theme out...

3. I check your first post nearly all the time, hoping you guys would update it with some still-shot eye candy... and nearly disappointed every time there isn't any...

and 4. I just watched Avatar today (finally, and of all places, at work... *cough* I work in an insane asylum). This has nothing to do with the theme, just wanted to throw it at there. Loved it.

^_^
    #eli7e revived me
    2010-05-10 08:55 AM
    hey just wondering how do i donate $2.00 and PM u to show it?
    2010-05-10 03:34 PM
    Great job entombed & knight
    everything works fine, I'm on 1.4.1 iconoclasm. Just have 1 problem. How do you get the square images around the date,weather, and clock. Other than that I'm really looking forward for the final release. I know it's hard work but stay focused guys lol, and keep up the splendid work. END OF LINE...
    2010-05-10 05:37 PM
    Further beta testing feedback:
    1) Overall layout and navigation has remained really easy and simple to do over the past 2 days I've had this theme. The navigation from Page 0 (Home page) to Spotlight page and the resulting effect will always be a tricky one and maybe it was just my eyes but the small search icons (I use SpotBight) on the extreme right overlaying the Clock didn't quite look so cool/clear as the ones to the left.
    2) I like to see my icon labels even in Categories folders so I'd suggest the use of LocalisedApplicationNames.string file to hide only those app labels you don't want instead of using the device-wide "DockedIconLabels" and "UnDockedIconLabels" = transparent method in the info.plist but this may be just my preference
    3) This info.plist above is currently located in the Feeds.theme folder. I'm not sure why but I'd suggest moving it into the main Master theme folder.
    4) Again just my preference but I'd offer some choices/instructions for how to change the following:
    a) Weather icon set
    b) Fade timers (I don't know what else to call it) in the Photo widget. I found the current 4000 (millisecs I think) a bit too fast and a distraction on the eye instead of offering a nice cool blend/fade in animation effect
    c) Similar timer options/instructions for the RSS feeds...found current ticker change too fast.
    - I tested the timers at new values such as 16000 and 20000 and that worked quite OK for me/my eyes.
    d) Similar timer comment on Music widget but that's not final yet.
    5) And then the space taken up by the Photos widget...hmmmmm...I love the eye candy coming from this widget I guess its OK if that's all we want this function to be - eye candy, but to utilise this space better for a more frequently used app/function like PHONE, MESSAGES etc which currently sit in my MENU category. Yes, I know that's what we can accomplish with the Mix-and-Match Layout option but I guess we may consider this as an option?
    6) UI: some pop-ups were to dark for me to see the text on the background. Maybe re-examine the colour-combo here or I may just be as blind as a bat.

Overall, a very solid beta 1 it actually feels like a final release already! Great work!
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-05-10 at 07:05 PM.
    2010-05-10 05:47 PM
    1. I want to try this theme out badly... just need to FINALLY FINISH my projects before I rearrange my already ravaged springboard >_<!

2. Super curious about the navigation... which, again, is why I SUPER BADLY want to try this theme out...

3. I check your first post nearly all the time, hoping you guys would update it with some still-shot eye candy... and nearly disappointed every time there isn't any...

and 4. I just watched Avatar today (finally, and of all places, at work... *cough* I work in an insane asylum). This has nothing to do with the theme, just wanted to throw it at there. Loved it.

^_^
    1. K! Buddy, no rush on you trying this, Nick and I have noticed some memory leaks in Beta and need to clean this stuff asap!
    2. Navigation is a 1 pager so there isnt really any Nav to it....
    3. Sorry to dissapoint dude, been so flat out on the code side of things that I havent had a chance to tease anyone with some layout eye-candy! Ill see what I can do tonight to melt your eyes the next time you check.
    4. Interesting place to see Avatar. You, off-topic, NEVER!

hey just wondering how do i donate $2.00 and PM u to show it?
    Check the first post, details there.

Great job entombed & knight
    everything works fine, I'm on 1.4.1 iconoclasm. Just have 1 problem. How do you get the square images around the date,weather, and clock. Other than that I'm really looking forward for the final release. I know it's hard work but stay focused guys lol, and keep up the splendid work. END OF LINE...
    Good to see 1.4.1 is working for you!
    Can you post a pic of what you mean about the boxes?

Further beta testing feedback:
    1) Overall layout and navigation has remained really easy and simple to do over the past 2 days I've had this theme. The navigation from Page 0 (Home page) to Spotlight page and the resulting effect will always be a tricky one and maybe it was just my eyes but the small search icons (I use SpotBight) on the extreme right overlaying the Clock didn't quite look so cool/clear as the ones to the left.
    2) I like to see my icon labels even in Categories folders so I'd suggest the use of LocalisedApplicationNames.string file to hide only those app labels you don't want instead of using the device-wide "DockedIconLabels" and "UnDockedIconLabels" = transparent method in the info.plist but this may be just my preference
    3) This info.plist above is currently located in the Feeds.theme folder. I'm not sure why but I'd suggest moving it into the main Master theme folder.
    4) Again just my preference but I'd offer some choices/instructions for how to change the following:
    a) Weather icon set
    b) Fade timers (I don't know what else to call it) in the Photo widget. I found the current 4000 (millisecs I think) a bit too fast and a distraction on the eye instead of offering a nice cool blend/fade in animation effect
    c) Similar timer options/instructions for the RSS feeds...found current ticker change too fast.
    - I tested the timers at new values such as 16000 and 20000 and that worked quite OK for me/my eyes.
    d) Similar timer comment on Music widget but that's not final yet.
    5) And then the space taken up by the Photos widget...hmmmmm...I love the eye candy coming from this widget I guess its OK if that's all we want this function to be - eye candy, but to utilise this space better for a more frequently used app/function like PHONE, MESSAGES etc which currently sit in my MENU category. Yes, I know that's what we can accomplish with the Mix-and-Match Layout option but I guess we may consider this as an option?
    6) UI: some pop-ups were to dark for me to see the text on the background. Maybe re-examine the colour-combo here or I may just be as blind as a bat.

Overall, a very solid beta 1 it actually feels like a final release already! Great work!
    1. Not familiar with spotbight, mind posting a pic so I understand better?
    2. Good tip, will implement as I wasnt aware of the option.
    3/4. Great tips again, Nick and I are working on some fixes for these things and the info for changing these widgets will be more thorough later as this was mainly a test to see how they ran and at what cost to the device.
    5. I found the for photos you want some eyecandy, otherwise its too small to enjoy, photo widget was always intended for just that purpose and will be made available in different places and orientations.
    6. Yeah the UI is something I am having trouble with, not being the best with UI themeing is making it hard too. UI might need to be outsourced if I cant figure it out.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Good list of things for Nick and I to look into.
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-11 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-11 12:49 AM
    really nice theme
    i would love to use it on my new 3Gs
    is it going to cost me??
    2010-05-11 01:42 AM
    Oops, its actually SpotBright (supplementary app to Spotlight that enables you to search SMS as well and can be found in Cydia)! Oh SpellCheck, where art thou? Will post a screenshot later today...

Happy to send you my LocalizedApplicationNames file if you want as I have customised it already for my taste...
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-05-11 at 01:47 AM.
    2010-05-11 01:43 AM
2,000 ... 917181920212969 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD