mine is ipod touch 3g mc 8gb, 'll this work on mine, i accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3,if so, what firmware i have to download. is it 3g 3.1.2 or 2g 3.1.2.
    2010-04-19 07:26 PM
    ^^as far as I'm aware it wont work unless you did the "make my life easier" thing because apple no longer sign 3.1.2 firmware so you will always get the 'not eligible' error
    2010-04-19 08:09 PM
    Ok, So My Ipod touch 3.1.2 Got stuck on geohots pic because I pulled accidently froze my ipod or something and unplugged it while it was syncing. So now I have no choice but to restore it.
    iTunes makes me upgrade and restore at the same time. I haven't done that yet. I decided to follow your rules. But the only problem is. When I go to C/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts. (or something like that) I don't have the hosts file!!!
    I HAVE A FILE CALLED : lmhost NOT host So I open it and it looks just like this :

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample LMHOSTS file used by the Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to computernames
    # (NetBIOS) names. Each entry should be kept on an individual line.
    # The IP address should be placed in the first column followed by the
    # corresponding computername. The address and the computername
    # should be separated by at least one space or tab. The "#" character
    # is generally used to denote the start of a comment (see the exceptions
    # below).
    #
    # This file is compatible with Microsoft LAN Manager 2.x TCP/IP lmhosts
    # files and offers the following extensions:
    #
    # #PRE
    # #DOM:<domain>
    # #INCLUDE <filename>
    # #BEGIN_ALTERNATE
    # #END_ALTERNATE
    # \0xnn (non-printing character support)
    #
    # Following any entry in the file with the characters "#PRE" will cause
    # the entry to be preloaded into the name cache. By default, entries are
    # not preloaded, but are parsed only after dynamic name resolution fails.
    #
    # Following an entry with the "#DOM:<domain>" tag will associate the
    # entry with the domain specified by <domain>. This affects how the
    # browser and logon services behave in TCP/IP environments. To preload
    # the host name associated with #DOM entry, it is necessary to also add a
    # #PRE to the line. The <domain> is always preloaded although it will not
    # be shown when the name cache is viewed.
    #
    # Specifying "#INCLUDE <filename>" will force the RFC NetBIOS (NBT)
    # software to seek the specified <filename> and parse it as if it were
    # local. <filename> is generally a UNC-based name, allowing a
    # centralized lmhosts file to be maintained on a server.
    # It is ALWAYS necessary to provide a mapping for the IP address of the
    # server prior to the #INCLUDE. This mapping must use the #PRE directive.
    # In addtion the share "public" in the example below must be in the
    # LanManServer list of "NullSessionShares" in order for client machines to
    # be able to read the lmhosts file successfully. This key is under
    # \machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmans erver\parameters\nullsessionshares
    # in the registry. Simply add "public" to the list found there.
    #
    # The #BEGIN_ and #END_ALTERNATE keywords allow multiple #INCLUDE
    # statements to be grouped together. Any single successful include
    # will cause the group to succeed.
    #
    # Finally, non-printing characters can be embedded in mappings by
    # first surrounding the NetBIOS name in quotations, then using the
    # \0xnn notation to specify a hex value for a non-printing character.
    #
    # The following example illustrates all of these extensions:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino #PRE #DOM:networking #net group's DC
    # 102.54.94.102 "appname \0x14" #special app server
    # 102.54.94.123 popular #PRE #source server
    # 102.54.94.117 localsrv #PRE #needed for the include
    #
    # #BEGIN_ALTERNATE
    # #INCLUDE \\localsrv\public\lmhosts
    # #INCLUDE \\rhino\public\lmhosts
    # #END_ALTERNATE
    #
    # In the above example, the "appname" server contains a special
    # character in its name, the "popular" and "localsrv" server names are
    # preloaded, and the "rhino" server name is specified so it can be used
    # to later #INCLUDE a centrally maintained lmhosts file if the "localsrv"
    # system is unavailable.
    #
    # Note that the whole file is parsed including comments on each lookup,
    # so keeping the number of comments to a minimum will improve performance.
    # Therefore it is not advisable to simply add lmhosts file entries onto the
    # end of this file.

I have not reinstalled iTunes yet though. ( I still have the 9.1 Version. I think My hosts file could be outdated because it says on top "1993-1999"....so how do i get the other hosts file??? Someone please, please help me. I can't have my ipod not jailbroken.

Sorry for the double post: I forgot to add that I have a 32GB 3rd Gen Ipod touch, and that I never clicked the make my life easier button on cydia. But I used cydia all the time if that helps at all. Thanks.
    Last edited by timothyvanwing; 2010-04-21 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-21 06:46 PM
    Doesn't work, i was on 3.1.2 and accidently updated to 3.1.3 and now cant get back, tried this method but i still get 'not eligible' error tried everything, guess ill just have to wait until 3.1.3 is jailbroken!
    use the 2ND gen downgrading. it works..
    2010-04-22 11:05 PM
    Without shsh's on file?
    2010-04-22 11:24 PM
    iPod Touch does depend on which version.
    2G MC is not the same as 2G MB
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-22 11:40 PM
    But then again...

confucius say: "Schoolboy who fool around with schoolgirl during wrong period get caught red-handed."
    2010-04-23 06:24 AM
    I tried this on a ipod touch 3G 8GB 3.1.3 MC model and when it tries to verify the downgrade i get error 28 any suggestions? i tried one last week and it worked, both have exactly the same model number (MC086BT) put the one wont downgrade
    2010-04-23 01:00 PM
    Without shsh's on file?
    yes

I tried this on a ipod touch 3G 8GB 3.1.3 MC model and when it tries to verify the downgrade i get error 28 any suggestions? i tried one last week and it worked, both have exactly the same model number (MC086BT) put the one wont downgrade
    use the second generation downgrade
    Last edited by xXGothicIPodTouchFreakXx; 2010-04-23 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-23 11:14 PM
    I followed all the instructions also and this would not work. I'm getting the not compatible error. I had the right firmware too.
    2010-04-24 06:12 AM
    i tired using this iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw on my ipod touch 8GB 3.1.3 MC086BT model but all i am getting is error 28 when it trys to verify the restore. Its very frustrating as it worked on one i did last week with the same model number.
    2010-04-24 04:11 PM
    i tired using this iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw on my ipod touch 8GB 3.1.3 MC086BT model but all i am getting is error 28 when it trys to verify the restore. Its very frustrating as it worked on one i did last week with the same model number.
    I also get the same error. The problem is that the iPod you are trying to downgrade came with firmware version 3.1.3 already installed that you didn't upgrade it yourself. That way, it's impossible to downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it. All the new devices from the month of April come with 3.1.3 already installed.

We would have to wait for a jailbreak for 3.1.3.
    2010-04-24 06:39 PM
    I also got a ipt 32gb for my birthday, and a coworker said I needed to jailbreak it, because his ipt 2g 16gb is jailbreak.
    I've been looking everywhere on how to jailbreak my ipod. And i'm coming across the same problems as others in this great forum. IF anybody has any info. on the ETA when 3.1.3 will be jailbreak PLEASE let us know ASAP. Thx and peace
    2010-04-24 07:48 PM
    Yeah, I keep getting the firmware not eligible error. I was on 3.1.2..so i should be able to downgrade it, however, I have not tried using the 2 gen firmware yet after redirecting to the cydia server.
    2010-04-24 08:30 PM
    I also got a ipt 32gb for my birthday, and a coworker said I needed to jailbreak it, because his ipt 2g 16gb is jailbreak.
    I've been looking everywhere on how to jailbreak my ipod. And i'm coming across the same problems as others in this great forum. IF anybody has any info. on the ETA when 3.1.3 will be jailbreak PLEASE let us know ASAP. Thx and peace
    The estimated time when the new jailbreak for version 3.1.3 will be available is during the month of May because the new 3.2 firmware will be out and the jailbreak developers team will have to release the exploit.

The exploit will be able to jailbreak 3.2 and 3.1.3, so you just have to wait a little more.
    Last edited by LogicGuy; 2010-04-25 at 03:00 AM.
    2010-04-25 02:57 AM
    2010-04-25 09:44 AM
    doesn't work for me, tried everything.
    2010-04-26 08:00 PM
    Is says this ipod is not selected to be restore
    2010-04-27 05:58 AM
    I get the error message: iPod is not eligible for the requested build. And I'm quite certian that I redirected the server right because If I click the "more info" button, I get a pop up that says: An error has occured unable to locate or something. But without the redirecting i could've gone to the apple support site. Sooo, I have no idea why it doesn't work. Weird.
    2010-04-28 03:32 AM
    The ONLY correct reply to this 'hack' was given by 'confucious' on the first page.

For any doubting Thomas out there, the firmware file required to perform this non-working hack is here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by sparkyuiop; 2010-04-30 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-30 02:25 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD