Acute

This is my first post and theme ever =]

It has been sent for approval and you should see it soon on cydia.

Just wanted to hear some feedback on what you guys think and any likes dislikes you want to to bring to my attention.

I plan for updates in the future and am open for suggestions.

Being my first theme it started as a simple experiment seeing where all the files are located, but it ended up turning into a holiday project and further down the track a release.

The theme currently consists of:
    - Complete custom UI!
    - App skins for Phone, iPod, Weather, LockInfo etc!
    - Over 100 custom icons with matching mask, overlay and shadow for all AppStore apps so no icons look out of place!
    - Optional UI Sounds to redefine the feel of your device!
    - Individual loading images for stock apps!
    - Custom battery!
    - 2 selectable panoramic wallpapers that flow across the springboard!
    - and MUCH, MUCH MORE!

All in all i hope you guys like it and can give me some feedback.
    Thanks
    =]

Troy

-->[EDIT_03]<--

Version v1.2 is waiting approval...

And now you can have Acute....

>>>>>>>>>>IN NIGHT BLUE<<<<<<<<<<

and

>>>>>>>>>>IN TOXIC GREEN<<<<<<<<<<

Not only that, but you will also see:

- Redone SBSettings theme
    - New Carrier and Wifi Signal Status Icons
    - Now with 70+ Cydia Icons

Hope you guys like the new spin =]

-->[EDIT_02]<--

V1.1 is waiting approval !!!

You will see:

- a sexy new SBSettings theme,

- Classy Notes app skin,

- Fixed Loading Screens

- 50+ Cydia icons.

Please note: If you have any unthemed cydia icons, please take a screen shot and post them to this thread or email me them at [email protected]. Together we can fight the unthemeable cydia icon problem and have a completely unison springboard =]

-->[EDIT_01]<--

I just added the Icon Template PSD file for those who want to make their own icons. (if you encounter any problems i am happy to help/explain)

I will be including the PSD in future updates, but for now it will be here for people to use.

... and thank you to those who have left such kind comments. Really made my day

As for the gentleman who showed a more distasteful view of the theme i can only say that the icons were specifically designed to cut off the originals, as you could clearly see in the screen shots, and as for the sounds, i realize some may not like it so it is an optional feature (and there will be future updates that may hopefully satisfy your interests).
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_21.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_03.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_15.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_06.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-color-skins_message.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-color-skins_music.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_12.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_13.png  

[RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_05.png   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-screen_09.png  
    Attached Images
    Last edited by unoimkll; 2010-05-01 at 09:37 AM. Reason: New Theme Update
    2010-04-18 12:21 PM
    Wow great theme. I'm going to try mixing this with the ezunehd theme
    2010-04-18 07:35 PM
    Nicely done.
    2010-04-18 08:41 PM
    This is unbelievably beautiful.
    I'm buying this now.
    2010-04-19 01:43 AM
    This is a nice theme
    Keithsta
    2010-04-19 01:46 AM
    I bought it.......wish I didn't. Apps get their icons cut off and it looks absolutely horrible. While the screenshots look ok, I can't recommend this to anyone else.

As for the included sounds, as soon as I heard the Star Trek unlock clip, that really sealed the deal. Save your money!

Any chance of a refund?
    Last edited by Khris; 2010-04-19 at 02:09 AM.
    2010-04-19 02:04 AM
    ^^ Im more interested in then UI work, thank the icons. Very Nice work!!

Will try it out in a bit
    2010-04-19 02:07 AM
    Purchased this from Cydia today. Nice theme but I have way too many icons unthemed. Looked in the package for a PSD to start making my own, but none was included. Can you post the PSD so I can make the missing icons. Thx and good job on the theme.
    2010-04-19 02:11 AM
    May I suggest removing the Default.png files from the Bundles folder? They're the standard ones, and being in Bundles means they override the custom ones you put into the Folders folders.
    2010-04-19 10:54 AM
    May I suggest removing the Default.png files from the Bundles folder? They're the standard ones, and being in Bundles means they override the custom ones you put into the Folders folders.
    Thank you!

I never thought of that. I appreciate your help and you will definitely see changes (including those) in future updates)

I am still learning and taking in all advice to heart.

Again.. Thank you =]
    2010-04-19 11:12 AM
    very nice the ui looks awesome i like the red and black
    2010-04-20 05:20 AM
    Thank you!

I never thought of that. I appreciate your help and you will definitely see changes (including those) in future updates)

I am still learning and taking in all advice to heart.

Again.. Thank you =]
    Just remember two things:

1) Images in the Bundles or UIImages folder always override anything in Folders, which means an AppIconMask in UIImages overrides the one in Folders/UIKit or Folder/Program.app.

2) WinterBoard theming standards call for the icon to be in the folder named for the program, which means the icon.png (or Icon.png or some other variation for the idiosyncratically-named programs) belongs in that folder with the Default.png and whatever other graphics you've replaced. The most recent WinterBoard updates allow you to disable SummerBoard support, which frees up RAM and improves performance but kills the 'Name on Springboard' theming that SummerBoard depended on, and which any theme that uses the Icons folder depends on. I ended up spending 40-45 minutes setting up those folders where needed, and moving the icons there (or creating them in the case of AdBlock and Calendar since I like having the calendar in its own icon) to make it work right. This also means Dock.png needs to be com.apple.springboard (as SBDockBG.png or SBDockBG2.png), ditto StatusBar (as FSO_BG, FST_BG, or Default_BG).

Beyond that, it's quite nice... and I still ended up replacing all the Default.png files (or Default-itms or Default-Redeem, or Default-Reviews) files with the latest update. But I do like how you skinned almost everything (unlike some other 'complete' themes) and the shiny onyx-like buttons. Wish the AirPort and the Battery images were more gem-like to match the rest of the theme, but otherwise it's quite lovely and is currently my default. Sorry, ScottyP (inFiniteSB) and Barsoverbeats (Elite Pro). Ditto Toyvan (GOC Pro, ID3) and jonny79. The new kid does good work.
    Last edited by Jarlath; 2010-04-20 at 05:44 AM.
    2010-04-20 05:34 AM
    I get a size mismatch error when I try to download and install from cydia ... Anyone else having this issue?
    2010-04-20 08:21 AM
    Just remember two things:

1) Images in the Bundles or UIImages folder always override anything in Folders, which means an AppIconMask in UIImages overrides the one in Folders/UIKit or Folder/Program.app.

2) WinterBoard theming standards call for the icon to be in the folder named for the program, which means the icon.png (or Icon.png or some other variation for the idiosyncratically-named programs) belongs in that folder with the Default.png and whatever other graphics you've replaced. The most recent WinterBoard updates allow you to disable SummerBoard support, which frees up RAM and improves performance but kills the 'Name on Springboard' theming that SummerBoard depended on, and which any theme that uses the Icons folder depends on. I ended up spending 40-45 minutes setting up those folders where needed, and moving the icons there (or creating them in the case of AdBlock and Calendar since I like having the calendar in its own icon) to make it work right. This also means Dock.png needs to be com.apple.springboard (as SBDockBG.png or SBDockBG2.png), ditto StatusBar (as FSO_BG, FST_BG, or Default_BG).

Beyond that, it's quite nice... and I still ended up replacing all the Default.png files (or Default-itms or Default-Redeem, or Default-Reviews) files with the latest update. But I do like how you skinned almost everything (unlike some other 'complete' themes) and the shiny onyx-like buttons. Wish the AirPort and the Battery images were more gem-like to match the rest of the theme, but otherwise it's quite lovely and is currently my default. Sorry, ScottyP (inFiniteSB) and Barsoverbeats (Elite Pro). Ditto Toyvan (GOC Pro, ID3) and jonny79. The new kid does good work.
    Wow this is GREAT! I am learning so much from you and for that i thank you immensely.

I understand the first dot point but not so much the second. Are you saying that i should place the icon for each app into a bundles folder names after the app? I.e. make a new folder in bundles for facebook and put the icon in there. If that is the case i am confused over how to name each folder in bundles. The weather folder for example does not have a capital while on the springboard it does. So apart from my confusion in naming the folders i will have no problem sorting out this issue and getting it ready for an update.

Once again I thank you for the time you spent helping me and i will be sure to working on this aspects of the theme.

=]

Troy
    2010-04-20 10:43 AM
    Wow this is GREAT! I am learning so much from you and for that i thank you immensely.

I understand the first dot point but not so much the second. Are you saying that i should place the icon for each app into a bundles folder names after the app? I.e. make a new folder in bundles for facebook and put the icon in there. If that is the case i am confused over how to name each folder in bundles. The weather folder for example does not have a capital while on the springboard it does. So apart from my confusion in naming the folders i will have no problem sorting out this issue and getting it ready for an update.

Once again I thank you for the time you spent helping me and i will be sure to working on this aspects of the theme.

=]

Troy
    You should talk with a real theming expert (I just tinker and fix the ones that don't work right for me), but yes - if you've got an icon for Weather.app, the icon.png should go into the Weather.app folder (or preferably, com.apple.weather), since this is how the actual application folder's set up and how WinterBoard is SUPPOSED to theme things (instead of falling back on the SummerBoard method, which looks for 'Weather' in the icon label and replaces the PNG file attached with a file from the Icons folder with the exact same name). You get weird things like icon-Photos.png (com.apple.MobileSlideShow) for the Photos icon, and Final Fantasy II has 'ff2_icon_57_logo.png' for FinalFantasy2.app for the icon name. The icon has to be named EXACTLY the way it appears in an App folder for it to work right, too: this means that Facebook.app should have "Icon.png" in the Facebook folder, rather than 'icon.png' due to the way the programmers set things up.

That's why most themers use the Icons folder, and why most people who use WinterBoard use the SummerBoard compatibility mode; because even Apple doesn't follow strict naming guidelines for their icons in various application folders, as otherwise you could just drop an 'icon.png' in a folder and be done with it.

Oh, and one more warning: anyone not using US regional settings won't get their Weather icon skinned unless you have a SBWeatherCelsius.png file in com.apple.springboard - stupid idea on Apple's side, having the icon out of the Weather.app folder. That took a while for me to figure out, until I found some of Saurik's old notes on the Internet (he doesn't seem to have much Winterboard documentation on his site, which means a lot of these settings you have to figure out by trial and error).
    2010-04-20 10:56 AM
    You should talk with a real theming expert (I just tinker and fix the ones that don't work right for me), but yes - if you've got an icon for Weather.app, the icon.png should go into the Weather.app folder (or preferably, com.apple.weather), since this is how the actual application folder's set up and how WinterBoard is SUPPOSED to theme things (instead of falling back on the SummerBoard method, which looks for 'Weather' in the icon label and replaces the PNG file attached with a file from the Icons folder with the exact same name). You get weird things like icon-Photos.png (com.apple.MobileSlideShow) for the Photos icon, and Final Fantasy II has 'ff2_icon_57_logo.png' for FinalFantasy2.app for the icon name. The icon has to be named EXACTLY the way it appears in an App folder for it to work right, too: this means that Facebook.app should have "Icon.png" in the Facebook folder, rather than 'icon.png' due to the way the programmers set things up.

That's why most themers use the Icons folder, and why most people who use WinterBoard use the SummerBoard compatibility mode; because even Apple doesn't follow strict naming guidelines for their icons in various application folders, as otherwise you could just drop an 'icon.png' in a folder and be done with it.

Oh, and one more warning: anyone not using US regional settings won't get their Weather icon skinned unless you have a SBWeatherCelsius.png file in com.apple.springboard - stupid idea on Apple's side, having the icon out of the Weather.app folder. That took a while for me to figure out, until I found some of Saurik's old notes on the Internet (he doesn't seem to have much Winterboard documentation on his site, which means a lot of these settings you have to figure out by trial and error).
    Awsome thanks,

Do you know the guidlines to naming the app folders in the bundles folder? What's stopping me from doing all this is that i don't know what to call the folder that i need to put the icons in. I understand the icons name and what it should be but the folder name in bundles is different. Any help?
    2010-04-20 11:36 AM
    Try the WinterBoard Documentation. Like I said, I'm not a theming expert, but look in the application folders in /mobile/Applications or stash.xxxxxx/Applications to see how the whatever.app is named and what the icon name is.

Shoot me a PM later and I'll send you copies of my Folders and Bundles directories to give you examples to work from and how icons are named. The Bundles directory names you can pull from the .plist of the app or how it shows up in Cydia (com.saurik.WinterBoard, com.apple.mobilecal). If you know the exact folder name, you just need the icon in the Folders/Folder.app - the Bundles is for things like the settings icons and built-in Apple apps.
    2010-04-20 05:37 PM
    So any ideas on the size mismatch error? If not is it possible for a refund since I can't download or install it.
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-photo-1-.jpg   [RELEASE] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Acute &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;-photo.jpg  
    Last edited by jeffnmistie; 2010-04-21 at 12:04 AM.
    2010-04-20 10:30 PM
    Hello!

First off, this is one of the few themes that I purchased because it uses a mask for the icons. I hate getting a theme that all the icons look different because they don't have icons for the programs I use, so Kudos on modifying the icons in that way.

The only thing I wish I could tweak is the color combo (red and black). I was wondering if you were going to have different color variations such as hunter green and black, or some sort of blue and black?

Also, the lockscreen (when not charging) is completely blank. Is there a way to get a picture on there without losing the theme in winterboard?

As you can tell, I'm new to this and any help without bashing is appreciated.

Love the theme, well worth the money! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Gary
    2010-04-21 12:43 AM
    this theme sucks so bad. i mean it just sucks

oh wait...
    today isnt opposite day?

oh ok
    dude this theme is absolutely amzing !!!!
    2010-04-21 12:47 AM
63 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.