Is it possible to increase the size of icons? I've found that Springboard automatically resizes them when they are too big. I don't want all icons to be this size, just those on the first page. Also, can you insert some padding to the left of the first icon? I would use iBlank but I only want a space about half that size.

Oh and can you remove the icon labels on only one page?

Thanks.
    2010-04-20 05:48 PM
    dont think you cant remove the labels on only one page i've definitely made giant icons and tehy worked so not sure why you have a problem with that, unless you wer etyring to auto create big icons, then you can't do that they will be automatically made to the normal size, but if you make an icon for each app you want big it'll allow giant ones. and you could use iconoclasm for the padding, or make an icon on a wide canvas and have the icon further to the right of the canvas
    2010-04-22 04:19 AM
    How are you auto creating?
    2010-04-22 04:35 AM
    in UIImages you make an AppIconMask.png AppIconOverlay.png and AppIconShadow.png
    2010-04-22 04:45 AM
    If you make your own icons, make them bigger then 45x45 well 45 from memory was default :/
    2010-04-22 06:08 AM
    Oh and can you remove the icon labels on only one page?
    You can rename those apps and use only spaces.
    You can do it with Rename or use LocalizedApplicationNames.strings with your theme.
    You put LocalizedApplicationNames.strings in the /Bundles/com.apple.springboard/your language.lproj/ folder of your theme.
    Here's an example of one I use with a theme,
    Code:
    "com.apple.mobiletimer" = "    ";
    "com.apple.Preferences" = "   ";
    "com.otyo.QuickLock" = "Sluit";
    LocalizedApplicationNames.strings located in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/your language.lproj is a binary file, but you can use it in XML format with your Winterboard theme.
    2010-04-22 11:03 AM
    Thank you, santaf. I didnt't mean resize, I just meant that the paddings stay the same so the icons overlap. I will check out Iconoclasm - it looks very useful. And thank you as well wim66

Everything worked great except for removing the icon names. I've tried changing the display name and the bundle name to just spaces but when I respring it still shows the original title. Those names are not found anywhere in the info.plist file so I think there's some file somewhere else created by Apple to sop developers just using spaces. Anyone know what to do?
    Last edited by McDaniel27; 2010-04-23 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-23 12:45 AM
    make a theme with larger icons
    2010-04-24 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD