Does anyone know how to display the degree symbol for the Hi temp? The Lo and Re temps have the degree symbol, but the Hi temp does not. Thanks!

Well...I guess not.

I'm not a hardcore coder, however, what limited knowledge I have allowed me to do the following:

Home Screen:

2nd Screen:

I've added the degree symbol for Hi temps. Got rid of the Re temp. Downsized the weather icons. All this gives it a closer look to the HD2 (IMHO).

Pressing the little clock icon (upper right corner of flip clock) opens the default clock app. Pressing the weather icon opens the default weather app. Pressing anywhere else on the widget refreshes weather data.

The rest of my apps (about 50) are in folders (via CategoriesSB) that are accessed via the menu icon (which is really a Stack).

If anyone wants me to post the modified lockinfo.html and Wallpaper.js, let me know. NOTE: The coding is not pretty, but (as you can see) it gets the job done.
    Great mod of this theme!! Can you post up your files?
    2010-05-13 02:25 AM
    Does anyone know how to display the degree symbol for the Hi temp? The Lo and Re temps have the degree symbol, but the Hi temp does not. Thanks!

Well...I guess not.

I'm not a hardcore coder, however, what limited knowledge I have allowed me to do the following:

I've added the degree symbol for Hi temps. Got rid of the Re temp. Downsized the weather icons. All this gives it a closer look to the HD2 (IMHO).

Pressing the little clock icon (upper right corner of flip clock) opens the default clock app. Pressing the weather icon opens the default weather app. Pressing anywhere else on the widget refreshes weather data.

The rest of my apps (about 50) are in folders (via CategoriesSB) that are accessed via the menu icon (which is really a Stack).

If anyone wants me to post the modified lockinfo.html and Wallpaper.js, let me know. NOTE: The coding is not pretty, but (as you can see) it gets the job done.
    great work!!

this is what its all about.. make it your own!

awesome!!

/valle
    2010-05-13 01:33 PM
    Great mod of this theme!! Can you post up your files?
    I second that! Please upload your files!
    2010-05-13 03:30 PM
    Pressing anywhere else on the widget refreshes weather data.
    How do you do that? I have been able to do the clock, calendar, weather ... but if I press anywhere on the screen, as I have iBlank icons, can not get refresh weather.
    2010-05-13 05:33 PM
    Sorry about the delay folks!!! I've been busy.

OK...the zipped file is located here:

iHTC HD2 Mod.zip

I have included the modified lockinfo.html, Wallpaper.js, and re-sized (240x240 vs. the original 320x320) weather icons. Simply replace the files/folder you currently have with these. Be sure to rename all the original files/folder (i.e. rename the original Wallpaper.js file to WallpaperO.js., or something similar) in case you ever want to go back.

*****************NOTE!! NOTE!! NOTE!!*********************

In the lockinfo.html there are lines of code (after the </head> tag) as follows:

<body onload="onLoad()">
    <body style="background:url(wallpaper4.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;top:0px; height:960px;">

Where it says wallpaper4.png...change the 'png' to 'jpg'. I didn't catch this until after the file was uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

One other note...things might not line up with the default wallpaper that came with the original theme (I use a different wallpaper for my theme). If this is the case, you need to edit the lockinfo.html in order to line things up to your liking. Just have a look at the original file and compare it to my file to see where changes were made.

Please keep in mind...this will only get you a modified weather/clock widget (i.e. the degree symbol for high temps and better sized weather icons). You will NOT get the theme as depicted in the images I posted earlier. The reason for this is it is a complicated theme that not only requires a lot of programs (CategoriesSB, Iconoclasm, Stacks, Winterboard, SBSettings, LockInfo, iRealSMS, among many others) but also requires A LOT of editing. It does not use Springjumps or iBlanks (Iconclasm is far easier for icon layout) therefore, setup is actually quite a bit easier than most of the themes that use these apps. The difficulty is in dealing with icon labels for apps and the icons themselves.

A lot (but by no means all) of the icon labels have to removed. This requires editing iPhone files in several different places. In addition, the majority of the icons do not reside in the "icons" folder of the theme. They are all over the place. I have been thinking about writing a tutorial and possibly making a video to showcase how everything works, however, this would require A LOT of work on my part. To be honest...I'm not really sure where everything goes.

In response to ErMasLoko...I do not use iBlanks. This is one of the reasons Iconoclasm is superior. Also, you need to be sure you are using the correct theme by obsessionXYZ. He (She?) included 2 widgets. One that is HTML based and one that works with Lockinfo. The one for Lockinfo provides the mechanism for the weather refresh. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 2010-05-14 at 12:38 AM.
    2010-05-14 12:09 AM
    When I became a basement with this update! Can I ask for the order which adds the day and week?
    Before

Now
    Last edited by GPowere36; 2010-05-14 at 11:20 AM.
    2010-05-14 11:16 AM
    obsessionXYZ can i some how add missed calls and messages bar at lock screen when i am using your lockinfo themes? Thx
    2010-05-14 03:27 PM
    obsessionXYZ can i some how add missed calls and messages bar at lock screen when i am using your lockinfo themes? Thx
    i have got it to work with the real lockinfo with my phone.. but.. ::::

how about just using Status Notifier?? from cydia.. then you get it on the statusbar..and you cant miss it.. it right on the status bar at all times.. you dont have to lock your phone to see the lockinfo or have it set to the home screen to see it.. and you dont have to navigate back to main homescreen to see it.. its, again, right on the statusbar..

oh.. and how often do you actually miss call and sms?or mail ? not very often huh?.. but you probably would see it within one hour if you dont sleep.. and if you do sleep and someone does want to get a hold of you.. its probably important... hmm.. make you own math here..

if you are like 99,9% of the iphone users you have do check or look at your phone more that 10 times a day.. LOL.. probably 250 times more likely..

and i doubt you are that busy so that you dont have time to use you own phone and have to use notification to know what or who is wanting your attention.. maybe a secretary ??

if you are.. i suggest to buy a phone that dont have an interface or a big screen and is made for constant usage.. oh.. and internet browsing..

im sorry to be harsh.. but seriously why need notification? buy a Nokia 3210 if you dont use your phone.. and only look at it once a week..

btw.. 3210 it probably the best phone ever created.. it just worked.. never failed

im pretty sure there is a STOCK setting for notification on iphone.. atleast there is on mine..
    you want Facebook alert?.. no problem.. you want twitter ? no problem.. you want sms.. im pretty sure that is built in on the OS.. not sure about yours though..
    you want mail.. hmm.. i do think that too is a built in to the OS too..

you ask about the weather.. well there is millions and millions of widgets on the web for that.. and its free..

ok.. enough about the BS.. seriously... i cant stop just yet...
    there is also a setting that is called vibrator.. have you tried to enable the vibrator?.. in case you have it on completely mute.. it does actually vibrate.. so that you can get the message mail notification twitter facebook IM what ever you want right inside you pocket....i know amazing..

im sorry again.. but it seem that many iphone user pretend that they dont use their phone and need to have such things...

------

ok.. do you know why i love lockinfo?

you can actually integrate with widgets or whatever.. right on the homescreen.. no other app has that ability (to my knowledge so far) .. with any html you want even the "new" html5.. that has just opened the door to very interesting thing according to coding for the web..

you would not believe the things i have accomplished on my phone just by using the lockinfo app.. (not the original settings).. the modded html file

so far i have successfully got

*animated slideshows
    *web-radio
    *all the community webpages FB, twitter, orkut, myspace...
    *calendar
    *calculator
    *weather
    *mail
    *notes
    *tabbed screen,
    *popups

damn.. you got any possibility ever.. just make your own html.. and do what ever..

---------

i will post stuff, soon enough, some ideas i have... so that you can see what you can do..

again sorry about the negativity previously.. but think about it.. think forward not backward..(translated... why look at missed called when you can make new ones) haha

regards
    /valle
    2010-05-15 04:43 AM
    hehe you made me luff

its not about how much do i need it do you really think i care is what is Hight and Low temperature? i dont but i still have it on my screen

i just want to make look cool and to be functional that is why i wanted to put sms phone todo mail and things like that on my lockscreen using lockinfo

i am using your theme right now mooded for me... i am using lockinfo version because i can refresh it when i like it... when i use this theme i cant put anything else using lockinfo... when i use other version of theme i can put all things using lock info but i cant refresh weather when i want

so i am trying to make lockinfo version to work with rest lockinfo plugins

sorry for my bad English but i dont use it in my country

Thx for all your time and help
    2010-05-15 10:39 AM
    Very nice theme.
    I have one problem.
    When its page titles from spingjumps turned on, the screen is like this:

but when i try to get rid of page titles in springjumps, the clock is like this:

also as you can see on the other pages the marker down there is on the right place:

but on the first page (the house icon) its not on the right place.
    How can I correct this?
    2010-05-17 11:31 AM
    Very nice theme.
    I have one problem.
    When its page titles from spingjumps turned on, the screen is like this:

but when i try to get rid of page titles in springjumps, the clock is like this:

also as you can see on the other pages the marker down there is on the right place:

but on the first page (the house icon) its not on the right place.
    How can I correct this?
    hmm.. that hass happened to me too.. i think its a bug in the LockInfo app..

for me it worked by pressing one of the icons in the dock (without reposition it) and till it wiggles and then just press the homebutton to stop the wiggle..

i think that the problem is a combination of thing, first, the Page0 image that reposition itself due to the springjumps and LockInfo app combined together..

and for the other image (the double)..hmm.. it think that works with the same method.. i have not seen that before..

hopefully the LockInfo authors could notice this and may have a fix for it.. as for now.. i the above works..

hope it works for you
    regards
    /valle
    2010-05-17 01:51 PM
    Thank you for your answer, will try it tonight when I will install it again.

Thank you for your answer, will try it tonight when I will install it again.

UPDATE: I've just tried with your tip but it didn't work. Now I use older version of lockinfo and the bottom of screen is good. Well I can live with the page numbers Everything else is good. Very good theme

Last edited by emco83; 2010-05-17 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-17 11:08 PM
    Prior to using your theme, I used a theme that also used the Accuweather source. The only problem with using this source is it is not as accurate as the yahooWeather source. Unfortunately the yahooWeather source does not give high and low temps.

After scouring many forums, a guy came up with a way to get the yahooWeather source to display the high and low temps. The process was pretty simple and only involved the addition of a few lines, which I will demonstrate below:

in the yahooWeather.js file you add the 3 lines in red:

function xml_loaded (event, request, callback)
    {
    if (request.responseXML)
    {
    var obj = {error:false, errorString:null};
    var effectiveRoot = findChild(findChild(request.responseXML, "rss"), "channel");
    obj.city = findChild(effectiveRoot, "yweather:location").getAttribute("city");
    obj.realFeel = findChild(effectiveRoot, "yweather:wind").getAttribute("chill");//Only accounts for windChill
    conditionTag = findChild(findChild(effectiveRoot, "item"), "yweather:condition");
    obj.temp = conditionTag.getAttribute("temp");
    obj.icon = conditionTag.getAttribute("code");
    obj.description = conditionTag.getAttribute("text");

conditionTag = findChild(findChild(effectiveRoot, "item"), "yweather:forecast");
    obj.high = conditionTag.getAttribute("high");
    obj.low = conditionTag.getAttribute("low");

In the weather.js file you add the 2 lines in red:

function dealWithWeather(obj){
    var translatedesc="description";

if (obj.error == false){
    document.getElementById("city").innerText=obj.city ;
    document.getElementById("desc").innerText=obj.desc ription.toLowerCase();
    document.getElementById("high").innerText=obj.high + "º";
    document.getElementById("low").innerText=obj.low+ "º"
    ;

How difficult would it be to modify your theme such that it uses the yahooWeather source?
    2010-05-19 08:25 AM
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob question, but how am I supposed to use that .zip file? I downloaded it onto my PC and I'm totally lost because I don't see a .deb file, or instructions on where to put the files. I'm just interested in using it with lockinfo (as the lockscreen page). Thanks in advance.
    2010-05-19 08:56 AM
    i have a little update..

tell me what you think about this.. its based upon the hd2 mini..

(if you slide up you get your "fav" apps.. requires infiniboard..)

the setup is as you see it on the pic..

notice below the dock.. PHONE and MENU.. its activated with "activator"..
    and calendar, clock, phone and messages is all blank icons..
    and for the dock icons is categories.. so the this theme has only one page..

the point is to make a useable Lockinfo code.. and not to have the same code in the homescreen as the lockinfo code...

maybe i post this in the wrong topic.. but i cant be bothered to do it in both..
    more info of the development can be found here.. (which will be the main topic from now on)

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...omescreen.html
    Attached Thumbnails [Preview] iHTC HD2 animated flipclock with weather-newlayout.png  
    2010-05-26 03:17 AM
    i just have to add something..
    ------------

ok.. one thing.. why do you even consider selling stuff if it not yours from the beginning..??

trust me i have some groundbreaking stuff for the iphone, which i believe im the first to ever think of.. but i do not have interest in selling.. why not share and and make improvments with each other?

the question is?
    why do you "jailbreak" your phone in the first place??
    answer:you want to customize to your likings..

and second.. the people that do jailbreak their phone.. has no obligation to make apps or themes for free.. but the do..

WHY?? you ask.. well because this is what its all about.. sharing stuff with each other... if that wasnt the case i wouldnt even be here..

why do i make a theme that looks like a HTC HD2... and not buy the real stuff.. well that a question you should ask yourself aswell..

im sure i will buy a HTC as my next phone... thats the future.. not iphone.. due to Apple hard control of everything..

same goes to my macbook pro.. i have never felt that its mine.. it feels that i rent it from apple.. control control

so again.. why do you what to sell stuff? that should be free.. and again you have no obligation of making themes..

but i assure you that someone will make something better that you all the time.. whether its you or someone else..

if you want to make money.. why dont you start making app for the appstore??? that way you have a legit and fair deal..

In my honest opinion i hate when people change for jailbreak app or jailbreak theme.. but that me.. free to share everything..

if i dont like it i wouldnt do it..

and this also make me feel that maybe i should just keep everything that i do for my self.. and not share..
    and remove all the file i have and let people think its ok to make money for jailbreak phones..

has it ever occur to you why dont the dev team charge money for the jailbreak itself??

could you imagine how the jailbreak world your be if the charged say $2?? you would have "cracked" version all over the place.. very much like you have now with all the themes and app.. (that is duplicates of each other) and this is not a what you want...

your way you would have more "cracked" stuff..

again.. think about this again.. why dont the dev team charge for the jailbreak itself???????????????????????

a little ex; try google a jailbreaked app that cost money.. i bet you get a cracked version in the top..why is that?????????????

why cant we make this a free? why do people like you wanna make money as soon as the see something someone else have done for free?

last thing.. isnt it enough with Apple's control???

/valle
    2010-05-26 04:23 AM
    i just have to add something..
    ------------

ok.. one thing.. why do you even consider selling stuff if it not yours from the beginning..??

trust me i have some groundbreaking stuff for the iphone, which i believe im the first to ever think of.. but i do not have interest in selling.. why not share and and make improvments with each other?

the question is?
    why do you "jailbreak" your phone in the first place??
    answer:you want to customize to your likings..

and second.. the people that do jailbreak their phone.. has no obligation to make apps or themes for free.. but the do..

WHY?? you ask.. well because this is what its all about.. sharing stuff with each other... if that wasnt the case i wouldnt even be here..

why do i make a theme that looks like a HTC HD2... and not buy the real stuff.. well that a question you should ask yourself aswell..

im sure i will buy a HTC as my next phone... thats the future.. not iphone.. due to Apple hard control of everything..

same goes to my macbook pro.. i have never felt that its mine.. it feels that i rent it from apple.. control control

so again.. why do you what to sell stuff? that should be free.. and again you have no obligation of making themes..

but i assure you that someone will make something better that you all the time.. whether its you or someone else..

if you want to make money.. why dont you start making app for the appstore??? that way you have a legit and fair deal..

In my honest opinion i hate when people change for jailbreak app or jailbreak theme.. but that me.. free to share everything..

if i dont like it i wouldnt do it..

and this also make me feel that maybe i should just keep everything that i do for my self.. and not share..
    and remove all the file i have and let people think its ok to make money for jailbreak phones..

has it ever occur to you why dont the dev team charge money for the jailbreak itself??

could you imagine how the jailbreak world your be if the charged say $2?? you would have "cracked" version all over the place.. very much like you have now with all the themes and app.. (that is duplicates of each other) and this is not a what you want...

your way you would have more "cracked" stuff..

again.. think about this again.. why dont the dev team charge for the jailbreak itself???????????????????????

a little ex; try google a jailbreaked app that cost money.. i bet you get a cracked version in the top..why is that?????????????

why cant we make this a free? why do people like you wanna make money as soon as the see something someone else have done for free?

last thing.. isnt it enough with Apple's control???

/valle
    ????????????????????
    and your point is?most of us are young and don't have a credit card o bank acct so we ask the parents,you want money?o you want all the themes to be free?o someone use your widgets and is asking for money?
    whats your point?apple control?do you have and iphone?if yes,you like to be control too,i'm sorry i do not understand all this
    2010-05-29 09:20 PM
    Hello, can anyone with shoopskillz please remove the fading blackish above the clock?(Talking about the wallpaper4 image) Would be very appreciated
    Last edited by dahlol; 2010-06-01 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-01 11:02 PM
    Hello, can anyone with shoopskillz please remove the fading blackish above the clock?(Talking about the wallpaper4 image) Would be very appreciated
    here you go
    Attached Thumbnails [Preview] iHTC HD2 animated flipclock with weather-wallpaper4.png  
    2010-06-02 08:57 PM
    My flip clock on the minutes side is slightly of centre ( same as gpowers above) what is needed to fix it?
    2010-06-02 09:06 PM
192 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD