iDesire :: An android and iPhone hybrid

Hello,
    I am RelentlessDan, and this is my first proper theme. It's work in progress, but it wont be long before a release!

So let me start by explaining my theme. Sure, there are plenty of HTC themes. But i wanted something different, a cross between android and iPhone if you like. I want the eye candy of the Sense UI, but the function and reliability of the iPhone. This theme is intended for those who believe they purchased their iPhone to be an iPhone, and they chose it over the other alternatives, and they do not feel the need to immitate something else.

When I say my theme, I think it would be a better idea to say the communities. Majority of the graphics in this theme have NOT been borrowed, but credit where credit is due, I'd like to thank Li-ion for his icon template and some of the stock icons have been borrowed from the Droid 2 theme (almost all edited however). The OFFICIAL desire background is ripped from a HTC Desire, thanks HTC. The HTC Sense clock (modified) from the HTC Hero theme.

Here is a screenshot. It is work in progress, far from ready. Its taken from the iconclasm layout builder, as currently i lack a jailbroken iphone (end of month, fingers crossed). The clock on the home page will work, but not in the screenshot shown. As of version 1.2, the clock is also animated, with a smooth flipping action.

Id like to point out that this theme is designed to be used with categories, stacks or folders as there are only 8 icon spaces per page. Unless you only have say 16 apps or so, or you dont mind only 8 apps per page.

I will be taking icon request when the Beta is released. The theme is currently in its Alpha Stage.

Here's some screenshots as promised (they're photoshop mock-ups, sorry for the icon numbers):

NES Icon needs some work!

if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it!
    if you do, hit thanks every person who says thanks will recieve the opportunity to Beta Test, if they wish.
    ill keep you posted - definate (due to a certain member of modmyi's birthday) release is the 14th of may

THINGS TO DO:

GUI - skin some, i have a few plans involving music player, signal and wifi bars, loading screens, compass.
    ICONS - create icons (requests taken, aim to have over 500). theres a template attached (thanks to Li-ion), please align the top of the icon with the guide and only change the text, nothing else. Post on here, and ill update this
    SMS BUBBLES

CHANGELOG:

v1 - First Preview. Icons, wallpaper, statusbar and dock only. Also included is a working clock (non animated)
    v1.1 - Clock has been updated, and is now animated using the technique in Here
    v1.2 - enhanced wallpaper. edited to show brighter due to the lack of the AMOLED screen on the iPhone
    v1.3 - a working iconclasm layout, no more need for iBlanks and SpringBack. VERY USEFUL!
    v1.4 - more icons!, improved dock layout
    Attached Thumbnails [WIP] iDesire :: An Android and iPhone hybrid-phonescreen.jpg   [WIP] iDesire :: An Android and iPhone hybrid-withdock.png  
    Last edited by RelentlessDan; 2010-04-25 at 08:56 PM.
    2010-04-25 12:28 PM
    Good idea, looks nice
    2010-04-25 02:41 PM
    Good idea, looks nice
    Thanks! any suggestions
    2010-04-25 02:43 PM
    Maybe you could add a weather widget!?! looks to me like you have most things covered
    2010-04-25 02:52 PM
    Maybe you could add a weather widget!?! looks to me like you have most things covered
    good thinking. hopefully it wont kill the battery, that bothers me a bit.

ill test it out,

thank you

can i ask - does the dock look better or shall i use the htc one, although i want to keep it half htc half apple if that makes sence
    2010-04-25 02:58 PM
    Good idea and released on my bday and my present is a legend so it's kinda a coincidance
    2010-04-25 03:11 PM
    Dock looks nice as it is, you dont want it lookind too much like the other Htc themes that are out or due to be out, keep it different

Edit- looking. .Whoops
    Last edited by ziggy7; 2010-04-25 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-25 03:17 PM
    Good idea and released on my bday and my present is a legend so it's kinda a coincidance
    aha happy birthday for then, and thats my present to you

Dock looks nice as it is, you dont want it lookind too much like the other Htc themes that are out or due to be out, keep it different

Edit- looking. .Whoops
    thanks for advice its appreciated, and i will keep the dock the same. thanks again
    Last edited by RelentlessDan; 2010-04-25 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-25 03:35 PM
    looks good
    2010-04-25 05:22 PM
    i would like to beta test this i have been waiting for a good android theme?
    2010-04-25 05:48 PM
    looks good
    why thank you

i would like to beta test this i have been waiting for a good android theme?
    with pleasure. please hit thanks on my first post though (EDIT: you have! )

basically im in the v1.3 stages atm. I've got the 1.4 update on the way which should be finished by tonight!

as of that ill brush up on a few things before the next jb is released, and upon the release of it i will personally test the theme to check everything works!

i shall then roll out v2 (the beta version) of this theme to the thankers on my first post. im doing it that way as it creates an easy list without any hard work on my behalf!

The theme will be free to everybody.

Oh and with that being said, if theres no jailbreak by the end of month ill release the beta anyway, so as i can get feedback for 2 weeks then unleash the theme for the release date the 5/14/10

the response ive had has been phenominal and id like to personally thank everyone for that. I hope that when this is released you shall all enjoy my theme.

Have a nice day (or evening if you live in US )
    Last edited by RelentlessDan; 2010-04-25 at 05:57 PM. Reason: My spelling & grammar is terrible!
    2010-04-25 05:53 PM
    il test it out please!
    I thanked ALL of ur posts
    2010-04-25 06:33 PM
    il test it out please!
    I thanked ALL of ur posts
    pure genious! :L

made me laugh, thanks. and like i said, all thankers are testers in my eyes, unless they opt out

beta is released on 1/5.

UPDATE
    Check the first post guys ive posted mock-ups of the final look!

with or without dock!? i need help everyone!

It will look like that, i will make it if its the last thing i do!
    I hope your starting to like this theme even more now!

sorry about those silly icon numbers, its because i done a quick mock up and to save time i just screenshotted (if thats a word) my iconclasm layout in "iconclasm Layout Builder". sorry again

enjoy,
    Last edited by RelentlessDan; 2010-04-25 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-25 07:36 PM
    Keeep dock, its one of the only iphoney things about it, maybe try lowering icons on dock to look as if they are sitting on it, then take the bubbles way so the writing is on the dock... just and idea.

its good opera is themed, its the best!!
    Last edited by cocotherat; 2010-04-25 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-25 07:56 PM
    With Dock ! definately
    2010-04-25 08:03 PM
    you two sounded like you lost faith.
    CHILL.
    I am to bring it back

Below is an image (also updated in the first post) with an improved dock. Cocotherat, i owe you for this, it looks sweet imho. Any more suggestions ill be happy to listen to. Anyways heres the new improved layout:

Yeh, the NES icon needs work. its got a slight white edge, lacks the glossy kind of style the others have. I have no clue why I used that :P

Improved the status bar too, now its black again.

I took in your comment about it not being very iphoney - therefore i have the stock signal bars etc, and will skin some ui to look more iPhone-like, whilst the springboard stays as it is.

The idea of this theme is a cross between the two, and the more you suggest, the closer it becomes to being ready.

Thank you both for your advice!
    2010-04-25 08:36 PM
    That dock is awesome!!
    2010-04-25 08:54 PM
    look's nice... GJ
    2010-04-25 08:56 PM
    I really like the dock. I also REALLY like what I'bve seen so far..Id like to be a tester as well.

Is there a weather widgit for it??I'd love to see one of those..lol

Keep it up..Looks good.

~Nerd
    2010-04-25 09:47 PM
    Will hit thanks when I go on pc
    2010-04-25 09:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD