Of course I will... Ive been tempted for a few days now... I want to remain pressure free, and continue the steady pace that I have been on...
    2010-05-22 05:38 AM
    I just wanted to chime in with thetjshow. After experiencing the subtle elegance of 24K, I felt COMPELLED to donate even after purchasing 24K, Elite Pro and iElegance Pro from Cydia.

It wasn't even to just get on the beta team but 1) To express gratitude for great work at an extremely low price, and 2) Show support and encourage barsoverbeats to continue with the creative work. Well, I was also sort of excited to see how the purple and teal mods would look on my iPhone, but that's beside the point

I am sure that I and others here will continue to support barsoverbeats by donating, purchasing his themes, and providing outstanding support in this forum.

However, on the opposite side of the spectrum are iPhone enthusiasts who may be just kids or simply really do not have any means of paying up. They are just as eager as the rest of us when they see bars' exciting themes. For these guys, I'd say it's okay to share. Many years from now they will remember their iPhone good times with bars' 24K and other themes and some will even start paying for themes/apps when they are able to.

And of course somewhere in the middle are those that look at getting free apps and themes as technical conquests or even as a basic right of all jailbroken iPhone users. They may be simply cheap. Or they may simply interpret "copyright" as the "right to copy" One thing is sure though, they are spreading the word that themes by barsoverbeats are awesome.

The last group may be plenty and they may be annoying but please barsoverbeats, don't let them get to you. Don't let them stifle your creative juices. We all need you clearheaded and going full steam ahead with your amazing themes!

And lastly, let's not penalize and alienate those who did buy your themes with a total withdrawal of support for the theme.

I'm off to paypal to make another donation as advance purchase of your next theme, the one you said had a "beastly UI" that you couldnt stop staring at. I hope this post and the paypal transaction will be good as proof of purchase when the theme comes out! LOL

Keep it up Rob, and more power to you.
    2010-05-22 05:54 AM
    I Can really appreciate your "breakdown."

one thing I can say is that the sharing is something I know I cannot stop or even slow for that matter... I am happy that everyone that wants to enjoy the theme CAN enjoy the theme. It does bother me that people come in for support, and cannot be honest. If someone PM'd me or emailed me, and was totally honest with me about how they aquired the theme, it would make my day. I have already had one or two people come to me and explained their situation, and told me that they felt compelled to "come clean." I recall the feeling I had... It made me feel just as good if not better than a nice donation recieved! Just to know that there is a good percentage of honest people out there!! Again I appreciate all of the support guys!! I'm sorry about my earlier post. I will not make anyone suffer because of a few dishonest folks!
    2010-05-22 06:10 AM
    I'd trade in my S550 for bars themes
    2010-05-22 07:00 AM
    Thanks bro!
    2010-05-22 07:17 AM
    Holy crap i am gone from the board for less than a day and all hell breaks loose. I will just say a big ditto to the majority here of good honest guys, Bars you are way to talented to stop eeerrrrr nevermind your not going to stop you'd miss us all too much. I learned from you on this matter as I said in the other thread so hopefully you are feeling a little better after speaking your mind. We are behind you Bars !!!!!

"We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone
    2010-05-22 07:23 AM
    I think when it comes to anything that's made available online, especially within the jailbreaking community, there's going to be some with a certain unfounded sense of entitlement. Everybody wants everything for free these days. That being said, I'm no angel. There's definitely been times where I've "sampled" the occasional theme. I usually don't stick with them though and end up deleting. But if I like something, I make sure the creator is compensated. I know the blood, sweat, and beers that go into it.

I've been rocking iElegance since it was first released (paid for) as it was simply the best thing out there at the time. I think it's still my favorite and have been using it ever since. Lately though I've been wanting a change and am always happy to support developers who put forth the effort and support Bars does. He definitely deserves it so I figure I'll give 24k a shot.

Besides, I just forked over $800 to replace a water pump and timing belt today, so a quarter sawbuck to fancy up my iAddiction isn't going to set me back much further. And it's certainly not going to change the mind of anyone bold enough to request help on a public forum because they're too stupid to even figure out how to implement a theme they lifted...

Don't sweat it, Bars. It comes with the e-territory. But what say we hurry up with that 1.1 update. I want that purple mod! ; )

Just kicked in $2.49 for 24k through Cydia. Keep up the great work!

(But seriously...I want that purple mod!)
    2010-05-22 07:55 AM
    wait a second here, i aint been paying much attn but just realized that my purple mod must have also been given away! this makes me an official victim of piracy. and for free! well i guess i deserved it for downloading but not paying for this real gem of an app.
    SUNGLASSES! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

lesson learned

man karma is a biach.
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 2010-05-22 at 08:15 AM. Reason: just realized the link is spam but didnt mean it as spam
    2010-05-22 08:14 AM
    I want the record to show that I am not currently using the 24k theme and I fully intend to purchase it when/if I decide to get it. I was just wondering if the other color mods are included or not. I saw the first post and I'm eager to try this even for the burgundy... I just think the teal is real hotness and would like to have that mod or wait to purchase the theme til it's available. With that said, is it currently included in the theme now. If so you'll have my donation and full support ASAP. Stay encouraged BARS and keep up the great work.
    2010-05-22 08:36 AM
    Things that would make this theme perfect:

"Chirp" text message sound.

"One Touch" lockscreen opener without the slide like iElegancePro.

"Regular At&t and Battery logo" at the top of the screen.

I purchased the theme, is there anyway that you could make those small modifications for me? I love this theme!
    2010-05-22 10:16 AM
    Things that would make this theme perfect:

"One Touch" lockscreen opener without the slide like iElegancePro
    Hi take a look this is my Lockscreen (german User)
    Attached Thumbnails ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-img_0007.png  
    Last edited by Macwolf; 2010-05-22 at 06:47 PM.
    2010-05-22 11:33 AM
    has anybody got any different phone messages and safari icons please
    2010-05-22 01:05 PM
    has anybody got any different phone messages and safari icons please
    here they are......
    Attached Images ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-ipod.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-phone.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-messages.png 
    Last edited by Jazzman UK; 2010-05-22 at 06:34 PM.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted
    2010-05-22 04:07 PM
    jazz could you do these please thin gold these are too big though thanks sorry not the mail
    Attached Images ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-mail.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-ipod.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-phone.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-messages.png 
    2010-05-22 06:00 PM
    Hi take a look this is my Lockscreen (german User)
    Do you know how to modify the lockscreen so that its one touch to unlock it instead of the slider?
    2010-05-22 07:32 PM
    do you want a button or just blank?

I want the record to show that I am not currently using the 24k theme and I fully intend to purchase it when/if I decide to get it. I was just wondering if the other color mods are included or not. I saw the first post and I'm eager to try this even for the burgundy... I just think the teal is real hotness and would like to have that mod or wait to purchase the theme til it's available. With that said, is it currently included in the theme now. If so you'll have my donation and full support ASAP. Stay encouraged BARS and keep up the great work.
    1.1 will be sent soon
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2010-05-22 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-22 07:47 PM
    I dig a lot of the included icons, but I usually try to go with a darker feel.

Here's a few I threw together...
    Attached Images ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-phone.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-contacts.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-messages.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-weather.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-clock.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-b.icycle.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-goodreader2.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-chase.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-cydia.png ..• Released •.. ..• 24K •..-rock.png 
    2010-05-22 07:47 PM
    Thanks jazz
    2010-05-22 07:59 PM
    do you want a button or just blank?

1.1 will be sent soon
    I would like for the lockscreen to just be blank at the bottom and have the "one touch" feature to unlock it, its sooo convenient while driving. Also, could you add the "chirp" sound back in the text ringtones?
    2010-05-22 08:11 PM
    chirp sound from?
    2010-05-22 08:12 PM
1,593 ... 1050585960616270 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD