So I have the Ipod Touch 8gb. Amazon says its 3g but I thought the 8gb didn't go 3g ... bought it in October 2009. I went to general>about and it says Model is MC and version is 3.1 (7C144).

What should I do next to jailbreak it? Do I use redsn0w or blackra1n? Do I have to upgrade or downgrade first? Is redsn0w like blackra1n where its a tethered jailbreak (need to reboot with itunes) or can I not need to reboot with itunes?

please give me some help as I would like to jailbreak this before my spring break ends
    2010-04-29 11:31 AM
    just run blackra1n and click make it ra1n, it should jailbreak it no problem. blackra1n.com
    2010-04-29 01:08 PM
    but would it be a tethered jailbreak ... is redsn0w the same as well?
    2010-04-29 09:31 PM
    it would be untethered...redsn0w is better to use but you need to download the firmware for redsn0w to read it off your computer but 3.1 is hard to find to download so just use blackra1n and it will give you an untethered jailbreak i.e can turn ipod off and on without using a pc to boot it. or search spirit jailbreak by comex, this will be an untethered jailbreak for all devices running 3.1.3 could be out in the next few days or so
    2010-04-29 10:26 PM
    it would be untethered...redsn0w is better to use but you need to download the firmware for redsn0w to read it off your computer but 3.1 is hard to find to download so just use blackra1n and it will give you an untethered jailbreak i.e can turn ipod off and on without using a pc to boot it. or search spirit jailbreak by comex, this will be an untethered jailbreak for all devices running 3.1.3 could be out in the next few days or so
    Really because I thought with Blackra1n at least, people can't turn off and on without using pc to boot.

What's the difference between redsn0w and blackra1n? Do they all do the same?
    2010-04-29 10:38 PM
    What's the difference between redsn0w and blackra1n? Do they all do the same?
    The Difference between Redsn0w and Blackra1n is as follows, Blackra1n doesn't use a firmware file like Redsn0w does, but rather installs a Installer into your device (while in recovery mode) that has Rock and Cydia able to download. While Redsn0w uses the Firmware and places it into the firmware. I personally use Redsn0w for my jailbreak because it installs Bootloaders and also installs cydia for you, without the need of your device needing to be connected to WiFi or 3G networks. They both Jailbreak but they do it differently it just depends on how you would like to do it.
    Note-Redsn0w uses more Harddrive space on your computer because you need your Firmware version downloaded on it.
    The Site is iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download <- This is for the Firmware downloads if you want to use Redsn0w.
    R0G1_93 knows best!
    2010-05-03 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD