Attention: Currently, Cydgets do not work on iOS 4. Hopefully soon...

a full-featured weather app for the lock screen.

Now available in Cydia in the Cydgets (Lock) section...

Features
    • Configurable through wĕdaPanel settings
    • Uses cities configured in the iPhone weather app
    • Multiple city support
    • Contains two distinct themes: wĕdaPanel Original and Simple Mind
    • Choose from 9 icon sets
    • It’s a Cydget – developed with WebCycript
    • Will run offline (caches data between updates)

Installation

• Install wĕdaPanel from Cydia. Note: It's 5MB, so a wireless connection is helpful...
    • Open the wĕdaPanel settings and configure to your liking
    • Open the Cydget settings and enable wĕdaPanel
    • Open the Apple weather app, add your cities

Built-in Themes

Simple Mind. The Simple Mind theme shows a “quiet” display with smart backgrounds. Tap the screen once and the control panel slides up giving access to all features. Slide the panel up a little to see detailed info about the last update, plus a refresh button.

The Simple Mind backgrounds change depending on the weather conditions and time of day (day, sunset, night, sunrise). The sunset and sunrise periods track the actual sunrise/sunset times of the selected city. Here are some samples (there are 28 backgrounds in all):

wĕdaPanel Original. The original wĕdaPanel theme (pre-Cydget) provides a clean, interactive interface with flipping panels. Backgrounds change depending on the time of day. New to this version is the ability to switch cities and refresh on-demand.

Icons

There are 9 icon sets to choose from. Note: Stardock is built-in, the others are hosted in the cloud.

Settings

Here you can configure the theme, icons, units, clock (time of the selected city vs. local time), refresh interval and up to 6 image URL's.

How Cydgets work

Description: (from iClarified) "Cydget provides a comprehensive replacement for WinterBoard Lock Widgets, allowing developers and web designers to take control of the lock screen using either native code or HTML with JavaScript and Cycript, allowing flexible access to Objective-C."

• Cydget plugins (e.g. wedaPanel) are managed in the stock Settings app where they can be activated/deactivated and reordered.
    • When multiple lock screen plugins are activated, rotate through them by pressing the home button.
    • Cydget plugins don't run when the device is off, unlocked, or another cydget is active. Therefore, they consume zero battery when inactive.
    • The built-in AwayView plugin will display your normal lock screen - showing whatever you have running there, including the media player and your favorite WinterBoard lock themes.
    • Cydget sometimes lags when starting (like a second or so). Perhaps Saurik can address this someday.

Updates

• v1.02 May 5, 2010
      <-> fixed some minor issues around removing cities from your list and background image updating.
    • v1.01 May 3, 2010
      <-> fixed issue where changing the units (in settings) would not properly update in the themes.

Credits

• Thanks to Saurik and team for the Element cydget, which provided a roadmap for using Cycript - and allowed me to update wĕdaPanel without having to come up to speed with the entire iPhone development environment.
    • Icons: 7 degrees by ~sevensteps2heaven, Flat White by ~LavAna, HTC by HTC, SPIL by Stephen Peterkin, Tick by ~xiao4, Umicons by =mattahan, WeatherPod by ~sevensteps2heaven, WillyG Dedication by WillyG
    • wĕdaPanel Original backgrounds by Doreen
    • Simple Mind backgrounds: random, non-copyrighted images found on the internet, all run through the same effect to soften them up a bit

Important

This app is about weather, period. I enjoy creating this stuff and sharing it. I welcome questions, bug reports, constructive input and suggestions for improvement. If you "don’t get it", don’t care for the design, don’t like cydgets, etc. - please just move on. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0448.png   [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0456.png   [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0509-1-.png   [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0510-1-.png   [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0511-1-.png   [release] w&#277;daPanel Cydget-img_0512-1-.png  
    Last edited by storyr; 2010-11-15 at 05:46 PM.
    2010-05-01 11:24 PM
    I thought there already was a thread about this?
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator
    2010-05-01 11:26 PM
    I thought there already was a thread about this?
    The app is now a Cydget - and has been revamped, repackaged, redone, reworked...

The old thread is no longer applicable, and won't be useful for support.
    2010-05-01 11:54 PM
    The app is now a Cydget - and has been revamped, repackaged, redone, reworked...

oh, ok. thanks for the explination
    nice work!
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator
    2010-05-01 11:55 PM
    very nice i havnt used cydget yet maybe i will after this is ready
    2010-05-02 12:11 AM
    Finnaly
    2010-05-02 01:58 AM
    so cool!
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation
    2010-05-02 02:40 AM
    cydgets lag to the point of frustration, or, in some circumstances, hilarity.
    2010-05-02 03:55 AM
    cydgets lag to the point of frustration, or, in some circumstances, hilarity.
    Perhaps. I notice Cycript lags a little starting up occasionally, but there's no lag in wedaPanel - at least on a 3Gs. It runs local, and caches it's data.
    2010-05-02 06:42 AM
    But what do you mean when you said:
    I still have mine working great.
    2010-05-02 06:51 AM
    Looks fantastic! I look forward to the update to WedaPanel original!
    kwickone I.T.H.
    2010-05-02 08:59 PM
    But what do you mean when you said:
    The old thread is no longer applicable, and won't be useful for support. I still have mine working great.
    Basically, I feel the changes are significant enough that many of the posts in the old thread no longer apply, and would only frustrate new users trying to get their questions answered.

Note: I've updated the first post with details. The package isn't available yet.

This is my first-ever submission to Cydia, and I'm probably being naive as to how long it takes and what problems may arise. I sure hope it works...

2010-05-02 10:07 PM
    How would this effect battery life?
    2010-05-02 10:22 PM
    How would this effect battery life?
    Zero impact. Cydgets don't run when the phone is off or unlocked.

When wedaPanel is activated, it checks the last time the weather data was updated, and will update if necessary (according to the update interval in settings). Otherwise, it uses the cache from the last update. Each configured city has it's own cache, and will update only if you switch to that city...
    2010-05-02 10:50 PM
    looks great!!
    2010-05-02 10:56 PM
    Awesome, cant wait to try it out.
    2010-05-02 11:00 PM
    amazing theme
    2010-05-02 11:03 PM
    It's up! For those interested, you can find it in the Cydgets (Lock) section of Cydia. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks modmyi staff for getting this up and running...
    2010-05-03 06:53 AM
    How do i set it to celsius?
    2010-05-03 08:11 AM
    I like the Simple Mind theme, especially the notification icons showing me of new mails etc, but there's a bit of a problem with it.

Changed to use metric in the settings and, whilst the values are now correct, on all of the forecast screens there's an 'F' denoting Fahrenheit after the temperature! Is this hard coded into the theme files?

Cheers
    2010-05-03 01:09 PM
174 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD