afc2ad allows usb connectivity to see the entire directory structure instead of just the media portion.

I believe redsn0w automatically installs it. Only blackra1n and spirit JBs need to install it.

But I don't think it's gonna fix your issues. You need to find a way to do a full reset of the phone from the terminal.
    ok thanks and i did my JB through pwnage tool
    but any ideas of a terminal command.

Should i delete the mobilesubstrate sylib..... that just means thats what it will load if/when it boots up.... but if I delete it... will there be no hope of booting into safe mode.... will there be hope of booting normally?? Should I try it and if it doesnt work go back to the old file??
    2010-05-11 01:07 AM
    Edited the Iconoclasm layout to align the Page0 icons better.

I'll add this to the next release with your approval? Let me know...
    2010-05-11 01:07 AM
    anyone?? should i do it?
    2010-05-11 01:09 AM
    I'll add this to the next release with your approval? Let me know...
    Sure, glad to be of help
    2010-05-11 01:12 AM
    yay or nay? my iphone's life depends on this answer
    Attached Thumbnails [Release] Seven OS by K.Nitsua/Zausser-screen-shot-2010-05-10-7.11.57-pm.png  
    2010-05-11 01:13 AM
    damnnit! you know what... im doing it!! I cant exactly screw up my phone any worse and if it does I can just keep the backup and replace w/ backup

more bad news..... I no longer have ssh connectivity.

this may sound like a really stupid question... but is sshing done through wifi or usb? Because you have to put the iphones wifi in yet I always connected with usb

canihazrecover for 2.0 pwnage tool iphone 3g used on a 3.1.2 pwnage tool 3gs is kindof a risky move right? should i try?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-11 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-11 01:39 AM
    ssh is wifi. To connect by usb you don't need openssh (At least using iphonefolders you don't) I dunno if there is a mac equal to iphonefolders but I'm sure someone has made it.
    2010-05-11 01:40 AM
    it depends what program you are using to ssh. if you are using iphone explorer you dont have to put in any wifi things, just plug in your device, but cyber duck you do.
    2010-05-11 01:43 AM
    yeah I use cyber duck and transmit for ssh and all along I thought you had to plug it in lol. Any ideas on how to get my ssh connectivity back? Could the wifi server for my iphone possible have changed within the last hour or so?
    2010-05-11 02:09 AM
    thanks wim66
    2010-05-11 02:11 AM
    how do i ssh via terminal on my mac? mayb that will be more reliable
    2010-05-11 02:14 AM
    when i reboot my phone with the wifi on..on reboot my ip address will change, i need to turn off wifi and then back on to get the wifi working
    2010-05-11 02:21 AM
    Rpgpromaster ive tried that 100x but my iphone just does not connect to my computer in any way through usb. And your second suggestion cant really help me considering that im stuck in a reboot cycle. Thanks anyways thou
    I am sure you have tried everything possible. Do something very basic and downgrade your itunes version to say just 9.0. When you put your phone in dfu mode, connect to usb cable after its in dfu mode. See if itunes launches automatically regardless if your phone is shown in the itunes or not.That means connectivity is not the issue, If itunes does not even launch itself after plugging in the phone then its definitely some memory "Vaccum" issue. I am assuming you are plugging USB cable directly to PC and not thru hub? If all else fails, rather than getting frustrated/and fighting w/software, IMO, its much easier to open the phone, disconnect battery, wait 15 mins, reconnect battery and you are good to go. I know it sound scary and will most definitely will put your iphone out of warranty which it already is if you are staring at the Pineapple logo. Did you try BlackRa1n or Spirit? You have 3GS, correct?
    Hope someone has better solution. I feel your pain bro. Good Luck!
    2010-05-11 02:23 AM
    thanks^ yeah I have a 3gs but I used pwnage tool (early model 3gs) But i havent upgrade itunes to 9.1.1 yet im still on like 9.0.2 so should I try upgrading and see if that helps. Like I plug another ipod touch in the same usb port with the same usb cord and it works and registers perfectly... I even tried plugging my iphone in my little brothers computer and still had no luck. I tried putting it into dfu mode before plugging in and it just made it go back into another cycle as soon as I plugged it in.. but I am fairly certain it is being charged throguh the usb oddly enough and it does charge through a wall charge and external battery pack
    @ziggy- so your basically telling me that after every reboot cycle the ip is gonna change and Im gonna have to keep guessing at it till i get it right?

Yep confirmation on the charging part... it jsut ran out of battery and I plugged it in and it shows charging
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-11 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-11 02:31 AM
    how do i ssh via terminal on my mac? mayb that will be more reliable
    I looked in my library and found this article. I do NOT take credit for the article and I don't remember where I got it from but it should help you some what..see attached
    Attached Files
    2010-05-11 02:33 AM
    my original ip that worked was 192.168.1.106 but sometimes I get 192.168.1.102 and 192.168.1.105 and I tried basically up to 9 on the last digit with no luck
    2010-05-11 02:33 AM
    don't guess your ip address jsut use the one your phone says by going to settings/wifi/ then click on the blue arrow by your wifi name and you will see your ip address there. then make sure you are using sftp in cyber duck not ftp and also make sure you leve your phone screen on, or your phone plugged in so your wifi doesn't turn off
    2010-05-11 02:36 AM
    all im saying is thats what happens to mine, i had the same problem with installing iconoclasm 1.4.1 with stacks and i went into dfu mode and itunes picked the phone up right away. there wil be away to sort it dude, dont panic
    2010-05-11 02:38 AM
    don't guess your ip address jsut use the one your phone says by going to settings/wifi/ then click on the blue arrow by your wifi name and you will see your ip address there. then make sure you are using sftp in cyber duck not ftp and also make sure you leve your phone screen on, or your phone plugged in so your wifi doesn't turn off
    OMG!! when will these people understand!?! lol but seriously which part of stuck-at-apple-logo-cannot-boot-up-especially-cannot-go-to-settings-to-check-wifi-ip do you not understand?
    A pretty crude and dumb idea. Since ipod touch is being recognized. When you click ahift+restore, itunes try to put the touch in dfu mode. At that
    time if you switch the touch with your iphone, what will happen? Just a thought
1,952 ... 311121314152363 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD