It's nice but Animated weather would be a way better ..way way better....
    2010-05-26 12:14 AM
    questions. sorry if its been asked but i cant be bothered to dig through 95 pages

my weather on the home screen only updates if i respring. it doesnt update on its own. is there a way to fix this?

also, in your original screenshots the statusbar is transparent, mine is a solid color. any ideas?

ty in advance. Dev.
    2010-05-26 12:15 AM
    It's nice but Animated weather would be a way better ..way way better....
    That is one of my side projects. It's gonna be a while, but I'm definitely working on it.

questions. sorry if its been asked but i cant be bothered to dig through 95 pages

my weather on the home screen only updates if i respring. it doesnt update on its own. is there a way to fix this?

also, in your original screenshots the statusbar is transparent, mine is a solid color. any ideas?

ty in advance. Dev.
    This is the first I hear that the weather does not auto-update. Ibnyaffa wrote that script but I can look and see where that particular code is later on tonight.

The original theme had transparent statusbars, but due to incompatibility with some apps and such it was changed to a solid statusbar.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2010-05-26 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me
    2010-05-26 12:25 AM
    Naw K save animated weather for iOS home/pro. This theme needs weather wallpapers that change based on weather and time of day. Nice lookscreen concept btw but it seems your getting a little more pink than burgandy (:
    Protapper compatible eh? I used to use that thing. Are you making a custom protapper icon for this theme because I might have to start using it again if you do.
    Seems a little early in the day to be getting a post from the nocturnal themer K. Nitusa. RN by day Themer by night

Nice new title btw K
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-26 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-26 12:37 AM
    That is one of my side projects. It's gonna be a while, but I'm definitely working on it.

This is the first I hear that the weather does not auto-update. Ibnyaffa wrote that script but I can look and see where that particular code is later on tonight.

The original theme had transparent statusbars, but due to incompatibility with some apps and such it was changed to a solid statusbar.
    kool ty for the speedy reply.

is there a set update time? like how long it takes to update the weather?

my ipod is never turned off. using keepawake so constant wifi.

from 6am to 5pm, the weather didnt update.

66F at 6am, 82F at 5pm. i had to respring to get the weather to change.
    2010-05-26 12:37 AM
    The weather should refresh. It's set If I'm correct to update every 30 minutes. You can change the refresh rate but that will also effect battery life.

K is correct on the status bar. In the early stages it was semi transparent.

Just checked the ConfigureMe.js is set for 35 minutes. You can mess with it if you want Private folder/ConfugurMe.js At the very bottom. Look for the 35.
    Last edited by zausser; 2010-05-26 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-26 12:41 AM
    The weather should refresh. It's set If I'm correct to update every 30 minutes. You can change the refresh rate but that will also effect battery life.

K is correct on the status bar. In the early stages it was semi transparent.

Just checked the ConfigureMe.js is set for 35 minutes. You can mess with it if you want Private folder/ConfugurMe.js At the very bottom. Look for the 35.
    will look now, ty
    -edit-

sorry to keep bugging, just need clarification.

i put my zip in var locale and var source? or just locale?

cause ones accuweather and the other is yahoo.

*puts on dunce cap and sits in corner* lol
    Last edited by devadv; 2010-05-26 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-26 12:52 AM
    You just editi the ConfigureMe.js in the Private folder of the theme you're using. Replace your zip where mine is at the top 89123. Then the refresh rate is at the very bottom. You can change the number 35. That's minutes.
    2010-05-26 01:19 AM
    kool, then i had it setup correctly.

ill set it to not lock and run keepawake. see if it updates. it is set to 35 minutes.

ty again for helping me ill post an update and let ya know if it works.
    2010-05-26 01:38 AM
    First off, this theme is probably the best theme I've gotten since I've had my 1st generation iphone! Thanks so much for the hard work. I think I've purchased just about every theme you guys have done collectively and individually.

Anyway, I'm not a very technical savvy person. I would love to change the color on this theme to a different color. I saw a bunch of pages back that someone made it blue.

How hard would it be to change the color from the burgundy to say a blue, or green? I don't have photoshop, illustrator or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Gary
    2010-05-26 03:23 AM
    First off, this theme is probably the best theme I've gotten since I've had my 1st generation iphone! Thanks so much for the hard work. I think I've purchased just about every theme you guys have done collectively and individually.

Anyway, I'm not a very technical savvy person. I would love to change the color on this theme to a different color. I saw a bunch of pages back that someone made it blue.

How hard would it be to change the color from the burgundy to say a blue, or green? I don't have photoshop, illustrator or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Gary
    You will need photoshop or another similar program. Your best bet is to request a certain color mod here and see if anyone is available to do it. Maarten16 has been good about doing that in the past, but he might busy since he started doing his own themes.
    #eli7e revived me
    2010-05-26 03:51 AM
    You will need photoshop or another similar program. Your best bet is to request a certain color mod here and see if anyone is available to do it. Maarten16 has been good about doing that in the past, but he might busy since he started doing his own themes.
    Thanks so much k.nitsua for the quick reply! I guess the first thing I should do is just ask if anyone else has modded this theme with a different color? My favorite color is green, but that blue one that someone showed a while back looked really good too.

Maarten16, if you read this and are interested in modding this theme to have a different color, I'd be very interested in having it done! . I just don't have the skills to do it myself. Wish I did......

Thanks everyone who's worked on this theme on their own time too! I've downloaded a couple of icons and a background that had the words for clock, weather and calendar on it which was awesome!

Gary
    2010-05-26 04:03 AM
    Gotta love it how all the comments right after mine got an instant reply but my last comment on the last page was ignored. Its cool though you probably just missed it. To summarize: Save the animted weather for iOS home and instead put backgrounds that chnage w/ time of day + weather. I like the LS concept but its startin to get more pink than burgandy. And with you mention of protapper compatibility... I used to use that and am wondering if you plan to make a custom protapper image for this theme (so much for summarizing (: )
    2010-05-26 05:04 AM
    ^^^ if you have no way to donate for this theme please pm me.

For the cat background. Make sure you are saving the link from the thread not the thumbnail.
    how do i do that?
    2010-05-26 05:07 AM
    ^ If your talking about how you send a private message on MMi you simply click on where it says Zausser and then click the down arrow under send message and hit send private message.
    If your talking bout the cat background disregard what I just said and find where it was posted and download it from the link or open up the image in a new tab then drag it if it was an attached image.
    2010-05-26 05:20 AM
    Gotta love it how all the comments right after mine got an instant reply but my last comment on the last page was ignored. Its cool though you probably just missed it. To summarize: Save the animted weather for iOS home and instead put backgrounds that chnage w/ time of day + weather. I like the LS concept but its startin to get more pink than burgandy. And with you mention of protapper compatibility... I used to use that and am wondering if you plan to make a custom protapper image for this theme (so much for summarizing (: )
    Sorry, I replied to this in my head, lol.

There will be color mods, but sorta like how Twilight when from a slight gold/iron tint to the light grey it is now with NeoStyle, I'm going for a more pink/red hue. There will be color mods, already did a BLUE one.

I'm hoping to put animated weather in all my themes, but yeah, I might save it for iOS, you're right.

And yes, I will be making a custom protapper image for this theme. It'll work out very well for this style.
    #eli7e revived me
    2010-05-26 05:23 AM
    whsnnd -Like that weather mode ,it"s very nice , where you find those image and can you share it?
    That is the way it came in the latest update from Rock. I like a large weather image i just wonder if there is a way to enlarge the box to the same width as the image and make all of them that size. I am no photoshop expert so I don't know what that would entail. Perhaps @K or @Z could answer that. If anyone has the full size, wide images, it's probably one of them.
    2010-05-26 06:40 PM
    Love the theme! I think I found a bug though. When watching videos in landscape the burgandy status bar does not go the whole length. Anyone else have this issue and maybe a fix?
    2010-05-26 07:41 PM
    I got the same issue lol the silver end is about 3/4 of the way down lol didn't really bother me enought to speak up..but I'm sure they will fix it
    2010-05-26 07:59 PM
    It's not a bug. The landscape statusbar adds two together. Do to the white glow sides this appears like this on the labscape bars. I'll look at it.
    2010-05-26 08:11 PM
1,952 ... 2262707172737482 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD