Does anyone know whether any app in Cydia leaves your email vulnerable to hacking into the account?(via mail) Does anyone know if any basic Apple apps are left vulnerable through jailbreaking? A friend of mine who has recently jailbroken his I-Pad 3g claims that someone wrote an email using his account through his Ipad without touching the Ipad. Is that possible?

The apps he has are the basics (Activator, Backgrounder,Fullforce, Sb settings and the toggles; Springboard access and winter board) Anyone heard of this? (also note: his 3g antenna was left on, even though he has no 3g service...)
    Last edited by jjammerzs; 2010-06-03 at 03:01 AM.
    2010-06-03 01:35 AM
    Did he install openssh and forget to change the default passwords / if he did someone could have easily gotten in. Once in and veency is installed they would be able to access his mail.app
    2010-06-03 02:43 PM
    None of the apps you mentioned have anything to do with email Your friend may be mistaken.
    2010-06-03 03:53 PM
    Did he install openssh and forget to change the default passwords / if he did someone could have easily gotten in. Once in and veency is installed they would be able to access his mail.app
    No open ssh, I asked the same thing when he came to me with the dilemma

None of the apps you mentioned have anything to do with email Your friend may be mistaken.
    Yeah, I thought so, thanks for replying...
    Last edited by jjammerzs; 2010-06-03 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-03 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD