A friend brought me his ipod touch 3g. He forgot his passcode and is locked out. I put it into recovery mode and went about restoring it like normal. Everything goes as planned until after I click to restore it says "ipod cannot be restored at this time because the ipod software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable" with no error codes. I took it to my cousins house today and he was able to start the restore process but it would hang at the end. Now its stuck in recovery mode and still wont let me restore it. I am no longer at my cousins but back at my house where it gives me the same error about not being able to connect to the apple server. Any help?
    2010-06-10 12:43 AM
    Have you tried directing your \Hosts file on your computer to Saurik's server instead?
    2010-06-10 01:48 AM
    Have you tried directing your Hosts file on your computer to Saurik's server instead?
    No I havent! How do I do that and does it matter if the ipod was jailbroke before? I dont think it was!

Thanks for trying to help me out CaptainChaos! But I figured it out!
    Last edited by CByrdie; 2010-06-10 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-10 03:18 AM
    please tell me how you fixed this issue please !
    2010-06-21 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD