Acer laptop not charging iPad..??

hey all,iPad not charging with either the Acer Aspire 8935G laptop & AA1 8.9 inch netbook, but no luck;

any suggestions out there for a driver?

Is this valid; Apple iPad Firmware 3.2 Download - Others Firmware Drivers
    thks!
    2010-06-19 08:03 PM
    Technically it will charge on your acer. Its just going to be a very slow charge. You don't need to download firmware or anything. Its gonna be the same on every computer. The ipad draws a lot more power than your iPhone or iPod touch.

The USB port doesn't provide enough power for full charging capabilities. You gotta remember: you are basically trying to charge a "laptop" with another laptop
    Last edited by dragonc12; 2010-06-19 at 08:54 PM.
    2010-06-19 08:51 PM
    i was able to d/l drivers for ASUS that update the usb drivers to charge an ipad;

was and am looking for something similar for acer..

keepin my fingers crossed; thks again!
    Last edited by ainyul; 2010-06-21 at 08:15 AM.
    2010-06-20 06:51 AM
    2010-06-20 10:03 PM
    Sounds interesting. Last time I checked there wasn't anything out like this. But it's been a while. Have you tried it out yourself jayteez?
    2010-06-20 11:25 PM
    Sounds interesting. Last time I checked there wasn't anything out like this. But it's been a while. Have you tried it out yourself jayteez?
    yep, i have it running on my alienware which is a asus motherboard, however I hear that it works on all types of boards not just asus.
    2010-06-20 11:29 PM
    ^the AI charger drivers works ONLY on ASUS motherboards, not on ACER laptops...

any suggestions out there..?
    2010-07-04 09:07 PM
    The first poster dragonc12 was right when he said your laptop will indeed charge the iPad, may it be very slow. The other day I left my iPad plugged in to my acer laptop after a sync. My battery was at 81% or so and a few hours later it was fully charged 100%.

Also, why not just use the charger that it came with?
    2010-07-04 09:41 PM
    The first poster dragonc12 was right when he said your laptop will indeed charge the iPad, may it be very slow. The other day I left my iPad plugged in to my acer laptop after a sync. My battery was at 81% or so and a few hours later it was fully charged 100%.

Also, why not just use the charger that it came with?
    I am trying to find something i can connect to the usb port and allow quick charge as per the ASUS provided drivers;

sometimes work on the computer and would prefer having a complete charge going at the same time; its incredible how quickly u run out of outlets; lol...
    2010-07-05 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD