After jailbreaking/unlocking my iPhone 3G, Cydia tells me the following 4 packages need upgrading:

• BigBoss's Source
    • Cydia Community Sources
    • Mobile Substrate
    • ultrasn0w

The first three say they are for iPhone OS 3 and I am wondering if I should just remove them, or if they are somehow necessary for anything. The only jailbreak app I have installed is ultrasn0w.

And ultrasn0w shows the installed version is up-to-date at 0.93. Other people are also reporting that they are getting messages to update that, so was wondering what was going on with that.

I was just wondering if the first 3 are needed at all. The first 2 just seem to be a list of sources, so are probably harmless. I don't know if I need Mobile Substrate or not though. Anybody know?

Thanks,

doug
    2010-06-22 06:17 AM
    I was wondering the same thing -- Cydia just prompted me for the substrate one, but the other updates I did were already completed....
    2010-06-22 06:56 AM
    Cydia update is also not completing. How long should it take?

doug
    2010-06-22 07:08 AM
    Be careful with that substrate update. I just tried it and now I can't get my iPhone out of safe mode.
    2010-06-22 08:48 AM
    As for getting mobilesubstrate out of safe mode, I've noticed if you uninstall winterboard, it stops going into safe mode. If you don't have winterboard installed (which i can't get to work on iOS4 atm) then try uninstalling other mobilesubstrate apps until it stops. You may need to reboot after uninstalling. That's what fixed mine....
    2010-06-22 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD