i downloaded cydia today via redsnow after days of tryin i was pleased i finally done it then to find an refreshing error msg come up i have a iphone 3g 4.0 hope sum1 can help
    Thanks
    2010-07-05 08:30 PM
    a lot of times errors pop up in cydia for no reason. what exaclty does the error say? does it prevent u from doing anything in cydia?

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores
    2010-07-05 08:33 PM
    1st itloads the data which takes about 1 min then does all the downloading at the top bit i get the home page and everythin i think its cause i watched a youtube video to show me how to download sources ok for the msg here goes
    error:refreshing data

failed to fetch
    http;//csrepo.co.cc/./packages.bz2
    sub-process/bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)

failed to fetch http://apple-news.fr/repo/./packages.gz
    HTTP/1.1 403 FORBIDDEN

Some index files failed to download they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

then i get a okay tab to press at the bottom which i do i haven tried usin cydia yet as im not sure what im doing

Thanks
    2010-07-05 08:40 PM
    So it's a custom input source that fails to load.. everything else works just fine and all the community sources load ok?
    2010-07-05 09:58 PM
    well i think so i only get tha msg, after tried to install sources, im not to clever when it comes to things like this

Thanks
    2010-07-05 10:00 PM
    One of 2 things happened.. either the source you added does not exist anymore... or is not supported on 4.0.... or you typed it in wrong.
    2010-07-05 10:02 PM
    well i copied it through youtube so not sure if it doesn exsit but im sure i put it correct do u know how to fix the problem?

Thanks
    2010-07-05 10:04 PM
    like he said, it might not exsist anymore. good repos are expensive, and the free ones generated by a website can only have so much traffic. if it is online, then its not supported on 4.0 either way the repo wont fix.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores
    2010-07-06 02:40 AM
    Hi this csrepo.co.cc error, i think i have fixed it on my iphone. i deleted all areas where it was stored.

/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (if not look through the items in souce.list.d
    /private/var/lib/apt/lists/ (there should be one or two files with the name of the source in here, delete the files)
    /private/var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist

if you also get the apple-news error also remove all meta data which has apple-news in it just do a find search for that text. I would suggest making a copy of the meta data before you play with it. then that error will be gone.

i did these 3 things 1st but still had the error and found i had to delete one more thing which was in the source.listd folder and its began with cs. something other another (i think it was cs.1slt, some of code but defo started with cs. To double check its the csrepo crap again just double click on it and it will open and have the cs.repo source link in there. Once you know its the cs repo again then just close and delete. Once i did that i found it was the final bit of cs repo data and after i went cydia and error was gone.

I hope the above helps. it worked for me anyway.

good luck if still a problem
    2010-08-12 12:56 AM
    Do u get the error when u want to use the apple-news.fr repo cos I'm lookin for themes from this source please
    2010-10-26 10:00 AM
    yes me too
    2011-02-22 10:04 PM
    That happens to me too! Do you know how to get rid of the sources that don't work so that this error message will stop popping up on cydia. It is absolutely annoying! :@
    2011-02-23 06:11 PM
    Hi this csrepo.co.cc error, i think i have fixed it on my iphone. i deleted all areas where it was stored.

/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list (if not look through the items in souce.list.d
    /private/var/lib/apt/lists/ (there should be one or two files with the name of the source in here, delete the files)
    /private/var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist

if you also get the apple-news error also remove all meta data which has apple-news in it just do a find search for that text. I would suggest making a copy of the meta data before you play with it. then that error will be gone.

i did these 3 things 1st but still had the error and found i had to delete one more thing which was in the source.listd folder and its began with cs. something other another (i think it was cs.1slt, some of code but defo started with cs. To double check its the csrepo crap again just double click on it and it will open and have the cs.repo source link in there. Once you know its the cs repo again then just close and delete. Once i did that i found it was the final bit of cs repo data and after i went cydia and error was gone.

I hope the above helps. it worked for me anyway.

good luck if still a problem
    Worked for me!! thanks alot for the info.
    2012-01-05 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD