I have upgraded my iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4. I have jailbroken the iPod with Pwnage. When respringing, the iPod always crashes and goes into safe mode. The screen message says MobileSubstrate did not cause the crash but has protected me from it. I have loaded the latest version of MobileSubstrate posted to Cydia. That makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem when upgrading to iOS 4 and jailbreaking? What solution, if any, did you use to resolve this problem? Will it require the deletion of every app loaded via Cydia and then reloading the apps one by one until I find the app or apps that cause the springboard to crash?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Frank
    2010-07-10 09:20 PM
    I don't know how to fix it... But I'm having the same problem. Did you fix it??
    2010-07-16 01:56 AM
    Try downloading RecBoot? Or tiny umbrella to kick it out of safe mode. I'm totally guessing here. They will not harm your device at all, though. Besides, how DID you jailbreak your iTouch? Or is yours a NON-MC model?
    2010-07-16 04:24 AM
    I don't know how to fix it... But I'm having the same problem. Did you fix it??
    The problem remains. I am thinking of restoring my iPod Touch 2G to 3.1.2.

Try downloading RecBoot? Or tiny umbrella to kick it out of safe mode. I'm totally guessing here. They will not harm your device at all, though. Besides, how DID you jailbreak your iTouch? Or is yours a NON-MC model?
    My iPod Touch 2G is a non-MC model. I used Pwnage Tool to jailbreak it. The jailbreak was straight forward but the results have been loss than what I expected. It seems to me that many, if not most of the apps available through Cydia have not been upgraded to be compatible with iOS 4. I will take a look at Tiny Umbrella and RecBoot, though.
    Last edited by frankbendrick; 2010-07-17 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-17 10:19 PM
    The problem remains. I am thinking of restoring my iPod Touch 2G to 3.1.2.

My iPod Touch 2G is a non-MC model. I used Pwnage Tool to jailbreak it. The jailbreak was straight forward but the results have been loss than what I expected. It seems to me that many, if not most of the apps available through Cydia have not been upgraded to be compatible with iOS 4. I will take a look at Tiny Umbrella and RecBoot, though.
    Look into it and tell me what ya find.
    2010-07-17 11:48 PM
    I have downgraded my iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) from iOS 4.0 to 3.1.2. I used the instructions shown on this site: Steps to Downgrade iOS 4 to OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 for iPhone, iPod Touch | TheTechJournal.com.

The first thing I did was use Umbrella to capture and store SHSHs for 4.0 and 3.1.2. I had one hangup and that was when my Mac Pro was verifying the iPod S/W. This happened to me once before when I was jailbreaking 4.0. In both instances I had to complete the restore on my MacBook Pro. I don't understand why my Mac Pro hung, as both are Intel machines and the Mac Pro is newer, faster, and has more memory than the MacBook Pro. In any event, I am back to 3.1.2 and am happy to be back.

Frank
    2010-07-18 07:28 AM
    Restore, and use redsn0w to jailbreak.
    2010-07-19 02:29 AM
    what it means is that the app isnt compatible with ios 4 so it crashes
    2010-08-02 12:40 PM
    When ever I installed infinidock or infiniboard it always crashed. Thats how i solved it, just uninstalled them.
    2010-08-02 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD