None of the lockscreen themes I can find in Cydia are able to change the clock background of the lockscreen in iOS 4.0.

In 3.0, it was possible to achieve a custom clock background by placing an image called "UILCDBackground.png" in the "UIImages" folder, that is located in a theme's folder.

In 4.0, this just doesn't work; the clock background can't be changed this way. I figure this is either because:

1. Winterboard is now not able to theme the clock background.

2. Winterboard now uses a different image location to theme the clock background.

3. Winterboard now interprets the image differently, requiring the image to be somehow changed, maybe scaled to a different size.

Does anyone know why lockscreen clock backgrounds don't work in 4.0? I would like to update my own theme to work with it.
    2010-07-13 02:24 PM
    Make two copies of UILCDBackground, name them BarLCD.png and BarLCD_T.png and put them in /Library/Themes/mytheme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/
    Lockinfo will still use UILCDBackground.
    For all theming changes in iOS4 follow this thread http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ming-tips.html
    2010-07-13 02:52 PM
    Thank you! I have been searching everything I can think of, but I guess I missed that thread.
    2010-07-14 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD