Hello,

my friend's got an ipod touch 2. gen, software version 1.1.5. He has gotten it jailbreaked. I was trying to add the Spotify app to his ipod, but in order to do that, I need a software upgrade. Does anyone know what will happen to his ipod if I upgrade it?
    2010-07-25 10:29 PM
    first of all im pretty sure you cant have 1.1.5 on ipod touch 2nd gen so yeh. and anyway if you update the ipod will become unjailbroken.then depending on what firmware you update to you can jailbreak it with spirit for 3.1.2,3 or sn0wbreeze for 4.0
    2010-07-26 01:18 PM
    Hello,

my friend's got an ipod touch 2. gen, software version 1.1.5. He has gotten it jailbreaked. I was trying to add the Spotify app to his ipod, but in order to do that, I need a software upgrade. Does anyone know what will happen to his ipod if I upgrade it?
    well 1.1.5 is so obsolete that most apps wont work on it, second you can upgrade and re-jailbreak it, currently only option would be a tethered jail break since i doubt you have any shsh blobs for the newer firmwares

reds0w can do a tethered jailbreak with 3.1.2

by the way are you sure that is a second gen ipod touch, you can look under setting/general/about and see what the the model start with
    Last edited by ipod_guy; 2010-07-26 at 10:49 PM.
    2010-07-26 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD