Hey everyone,

I few days ago I was on Rock updating a few things and one of those things said that I have to respring inorder for the update to finish. So i resprung my ipod touch, and the little loader wheel thing kept spinning for about 5 minutes then the screen went black and it has been stuff in the connect to itunes screen ever since. I have tried holding down the Sleep/Power button and Home button numerous times and that has failed. I have tried restoring it also. I've also tried uninstalling itunes and going to an older version and trying to restore it like that. But none of this is working. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated as i love my ipod and i want it to work again. Thanks in advance for reading this and thank you even more for trying to help

-FunnySideUp
    2010-07-27 01:03 AM
    Hey everyone,

I few days ago I was on Rock updating a few things and one of those things said that I have to respring inorder for the update to finish. So i resprung my ipod touch, and the little loader wheel thing kept spinning for about 5 minutes then the screen went black and it has been stuff in the connect to itunes screen ever since. I have tried holding down the Sleep/Power button and Home button numerous times and that has failed. I have tried restoring it also. I've also tried uninstalling itunes and going to an older version and trying to restore it like that. But none of this is working. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated as i love my ipod and i want it to work again. Thanks in advance for reading this and thank you even more for trying to help

-FunnySideUp

this sounds like a tethered jailbreak

what did you use to jailbreak
    2010-07-27 01:10 AM
    this sounds like a tethered jailbreak

what did you use to jailbreak

i used blackra1n rc3 to jailbreak it
    2010-07-27 01:35 AM
    i used blackra1n rc3 to jailbreak it
    yes blackra1n is a tethered jailbreak, you need to use blackra1n to boot it
    2010-07-27 01:43 AM
    i have tried rebooting it with blackra1n many many times. But here is what happens. I push make it ra1n and it does the normal stuff. Then sometimes itunes pops up and says that it has found an ipod is recovery mode. And then the iPod screen is stuck on Geohots picture and it freezes there for about 5 mins, the screen flashes white, and then it goes right back to the connect to itunes screen. btw thank you for helping. any help is appreciated.
    2010-07-27 02:00 AM
    i have tried rebooting it with blackra1n many many times. But here is what happens. I push make it ra1n and it does the normal stuff. Then sometimes itunes pops up and says that it has found an ipod is recovery mode. And then the iPod screen is stuck on Geohots picture and it freezes there for about 5 mins, the screen flashes white, and then it goes right back to the connect to itunes screen. btw thank you for helping. any help is appreciated.
    ok if thats the case, what app did you use, because this also sounds like the app installing went wrong and a sys file got currupt thus causing the ipod to load into restore mode
    2010-07-27 02:29 AM
    I was using Rock and then i was updating categories and it crashed.
    2010-07-27 03:06 AM
    I was using Rock and then i was updating categories and it crashed.
    i believe that categories makes system files, so it could have curroupted the system, if this is the case then you will need to do a restore

if im wrong please someone jump in and help
    2010-07-27 03:30 AM
    that seems very right but whenever i try to restore itunes say ipod is eligible for this build or something along those lines. ive tried installing different versions of itunes and each time it says the same thing.
    2010-07-27 08:07 AM
    that seems very right but whenever i try to restore itunes say ipod is eligible for this build or something along those lines. ive tried installing different versions of itunes and each time it says the same thing.
    thats because of ios4 out now you can only instal ios4 by default
    2010-07-28 12:24 AM
    so are you saying that i should update my ipod to ios4? then should i downgrade it and rejailbreak it?
    2010-07-28 06:24 PM
    ok, first off use CYDIA! on second to help you.
    download iREB v3.1.2 off the internet (go on youtube) click get out of recovery loop. hope this works, and this happened to me and this got it out.

-Macmurty

i nkow this is kinda off topic buttttttttt, can u downgrade ios4 firmware to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 o.Oi cant find anythingggggggggggggggggggg plz helpppp

-macmurty
    Last edited by macmurty; 2010-07-31 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-31 03:20 AM
    ok, first off use CYDIA! on second to help you.
    download iREB v3.1.2 off the internet (go on youtube) click get out of recovery loop. hope this works, and this happened to me and this got it out.

-Macmurty

i nkow this is kinda off topic buttttttttt, can u downgrade ios4 firmware to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 o.Oi cant find anythingggggggggggggggggggg plz helpppp

-macmurty
    Thank you so for the advice. But unfortunately I restored my device to 4.0 cuz I panicked. But either way thank you for the useful info.
    2010-07-31 06:13 AM
    aww man, it worked for me AND my friend... well its gonna be impossible to downgrade it now... ive tried... trust meh well srry u paniked.
    2010-08-01 04:13 AM
    aww man, it worked for me AND my friend... well its gonna be impossible to downgrade it now... ive tried... trust meh well srry u paniked.
    I'm sorry I panicked too . And I didn't save my shsh blobs for 3.1.2 either cuz I had no clue what they're for. But ohh well. Thanks a ton for your help though! I got iReb just incase it happens to me again! Now I'll just have to wait for spirit to re-jailbreak my iPod.
    2010-08-01 03:08 PM
    Any problem that involves the possibility of corrupt files, stuck in boot loop or similari advise upgrade to ios4. Once booting smooth and os appears all good then downgrade to 3.1.2 That is the only one you can downgrade to now. I presume it is still possible, as i did it last week and all went smooth no probs. Just download 3.1.2 and use shift/restore. It didnt involve blobs witchcraft or a voodoo haze. It is just that Apple still sign 3.1.2 and of course blackra1n opens it no probs. Hope this helps
    2010-08-01 03:48 PM
    Any problem that involves the possibility of corrupt files, stuck in boot loop or similari advise upgrade to ios4. Once booting smooth and os appears all good then downgrade to 3.1.2 That is the only one you can downgrade to now. I presume it is still possible, as i did it last week and all went smooth no probs. Just download 3.1.2 and use shift/restore. It didnt involve blobs witchcraft or a voodoo haze. It is just that Apple still sign 3.1.2 and of course blackra1n opens it no probs. Hope this helps
    Really? I have tried this but it has not worked. Does this depend on what version of iTunes you're on? And I will go and try this. If it does work, thanks a million for the advice. If it doesn't, still thanks a million for the advice.
    2010-08-02 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD