Hey, wanted to get some help on this as it's getting incredibly annoying.

Every time I start up Cydia, it tells me it's trying to download packages at the top of the screen, every time it does this I get numerous errors mentioning the ispazio and beyouriphone repos despite the fact I don't even have these added to my sources. The same errors are returned every time I try to add a working source - although the source gets added as it should, the errors are getting really annoying and they just slow down what should be a fast and simple process.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm on 3.1.3 firmware on a 3G, I only got the phone a few days ago.
    2010-08-01 12:07 AM
    Hey, wanted to get some help on this as it's getting incredibly annoying.

Every time I start up Cydia, it tells me it's trying to download packages at the top of the screen, every time it does this I get numerous errors mentioning the ispazio and beyouriphone repos despite the fact I don't even have these added to my sources. The same errors are returned every time I try to add a working source - although the source gets added as it should, the errors are getting really annoying and they just slow down what should be a fast and simple process.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm on 3.1.3 firmware on a 3G, I only got the phone a few days ago.
    I have been getting the same error when loading beyouriphone. An option is to delete it from the "cydia.list" file that is located within the "sources.list.d" folder under the file structure "/etc/apt" on your phone. If you do not know how to do this, google "ifile" for the iphone and read how to install this program on your iphone and use it to change files and folders directly from your phone. A must app for iphone users. If you need help, please ask.

Richard
    2010-08-01 01:11 AM
    I have been getting the same error when loading beyouriphone. An option is to delete it from the "cydia.list" file that is located within the "sources.list.d" folder under the file structure "/etc/apt" on your phone. If you do not know how to do this, google "ifile" for the iphone and read how to install this program on your iphone and use it to change files and folders directly from your phone. A must app for iphone users. If you need help, please ask.

Richard
    I'm familiar with that process, but I have no wifi network here and I've got no idea how to access the cydia.list file without one. Can it be done by just using the USB cable?
    2010-08-01 05:22 AM
    I'm familiar with that process, but I have no wifi network here and I've got no idea how to access the cydia.list file without one. Can it be done by just using the USB cable?
    You don't need wifi or SHSH to do this. Go to Cydia and download the program called iFile. Install iFile and you can access all files and directories on the iphone. Locate the cydia.list file, select edit, and you can change the file right from the phone.
    2010-08-01 10:19 PM
    Constant errors from ispazio/beyouriphone

Last edited by buzz123; 2010-08-25 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-25 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD