@SeptemberC

HeyWire

@rock75

I don't know how do you want your Dock..Like this?
    I tried this but it doesn't fit? way too big... this is ok but I was thinking not so perfect (maybe even a bit cartoonish) and more round dark grey stones to lighter grey(kinda like your keyboard)... I will try and find some example for you
    2011-01-01 06:05 PM
    @ Doreen

I have a small problem can u help me please, I usually get notified if I received a new email or any notification in the bar above but now I don't know why it won't show

Hi Angel, You've got combined themes so I cannot troubleshoot what the problem is. Is that Bababooey's mixed w/ Gadezu's? Or just Bababooeys? You should probably ask him. (only because I do not know the structure of his theme and images sorry)

Also it could be something as simple as a program you might be using such as Notifier? If you use any plugins for notifications then you should double check the settings of those plugin programs okay (sorry so hard to troubleshoot when there could be so manyyyy reasons for that happening)

The Bars and Buttons in this theme was made from these images and has nothing to do with Stereo89.
    Welll this is between you and Stereo so I will keep out of it since Whitebelt could be right when he said I might be misrepresenting Stereo (though I don't mean to)

Butttt one thing I will comment on since I have a right to. Stereo made me my avatar as a personal gift and he worked hard on the animation and put his heart into it. I spotted "alottt" of his images that I know for a fact he made but the one that jumped out at me is you took my animated avatar he made as gift for me and turned it into animated ProgressGear for your theme. So ppl that get your theme would assume you actually made that animation but in fact it was a special gift that Stereo made for me.

If you asked me for permission to use it on your phone I would say "Of course you can and you can turn it green or purple or whatever color you want) but to distribute it in your theme as a ProgressGear for distribution as your work in your theme. No way!

That animated avatar was a personal gift made for me by Stereo it was not something you should take and turn into your ProgressGear as your work for your theme.

This is the problem I see in life alot: Some ppl think when they come across other ppl that are nice they have a lilll nasty habit of assuming that they are either stupid and/or suckers Ummm those ppl really need to go check the dictionary to view the definition of nice (cuz nice does not = stupid)

Now all that being said I want to also say this, I'm a female and when ppl jump on my case for doing something I may not have known was not right or when I don't like when things don't go my way I usually go run away for a while and cry in my pillow and then come back.

You are a male so I will assume you have some balls and don't cry and run away? So I hope you don't go away but rather "understand" what the issues are here okay?
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-01 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-01 07:36 PM
    Doreen & Stereo89 -

I am very sorry but*I really don't think you understand the creative commons license that mattahan chose for buuf. It is a very very different license than what is typical for most other creative works.

Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic

The buuf icon set has been very popular by themers not only because it has a beautiful design, but because the talented genius mattahan decided to release his work under the creative commons license. This meant that anyone could make modifications and additions to the icon set, and repackage and redistribute it for any non commercial use as long as proper credit is attributed to the artist(s). Over the last few years this has all led to many very popular open source community projects based around the buuf design (themes for linux, mac, windows, kde, gnome, palm, iphone, android, psp etc)*

The key here is that because of the creative commons license, everyone that decides to put their hard work into furthering these buuf projects, does so understanding that they are benefitting a community of other themers and other artists and anyone else that wants to come along and use their work. *This is how the license is legally designed and without it we would never and you would never be able to use any of mattahan's or many other buuf contributors' works.

Please understand that of course I agree that stereo is obviously a very talented artist & Doreen, you are obviously a very talented themer. But you guys are working on buuf. Buuf is not yours. No derivatives of buuf are yours. You may feel slighted or feel that your time was for nothing but please reconsider how crucial the time you guys spent on this project is to the future of buuf, and obviously to retina iPhone themers right now.

If you and stereo really insist that some of the design elements in the free theme you have posted are not attributed to mattahan nor to buuf, but rather to stereo or doreen - then you should stop calling it buuf and you should stop posting it for free on a public forum. Also- stereo has offered to list each image that he feels is not part of the community project - stereo: please reconsider - or do list all of what you feel is "yours" so that the community can recreate these ui elements for use by anyone without upsetting you. (unfortunately they may not at first, nor maybe ever, be as beautiful as the amazing work that stereo and doreen have done)
    2011-01-01 09:27 PM
    yo y'all need to check this out it's a most have
    http://modmyi.com/forums/native-ipho...installer.html
    2011-01-01 09:49 PM
    Hi whitebelt (must you always give a good argument?) hehe

Anyways, my avatar that Stereo made for me was not offered to the community for any Buuf themes it was offered to "me" and me only as a gift from his kind heart. So I will kick anyone's behind that takes it and tosses it their theme and calls it part of "their Buuf theme" (cuz it's not! it was a gift for me and it's my avatar!) hehe!

I understand what you mean (but common sense needs to be applied here too)

My animated avatar that was made for me as a gift was never offered up to the Buuf Community to be tossed in someone's theme as a ProgressGear and labeled in "their Buuf Theme" like they made it? That was a gift to me and I won't let it be used that way...

Once again you want to say "Hey look! I made a Buuf theme!" then go make your own Buuf? Actually what he made was Buuf/Stereo not a legit Buuf Theme at all...

When you make a Buuf theme that you can call your own then you use Mattahan's "original" Buuf images and then "you" make your "own" images. And then and "ONLY" then can you call it your own version of a Buuf theme!

Put alilll effort into it and compliment mattahan's beautiful work that way you can show what "you" actually did as your own Buuf theme. (and keep your hands off my avatar!) hehe!!!
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-01 at 10:20 PM.
    2011-01-01 10:16 PM
    can someone tell me how do i change the 3G, Wifi, Battery, Charging, and Carrier icons on the top of the phone? and also where can i can some custom HD icons for them... just like in the photoes of yours...
    2011-01-01 11:39 PM
    Doreen I'm sorry but I really think that what you are saying is not in agreement with the creative commons license used by mattahan, the spirit of open source community projects nor the idea of progress in general.

Telling people repeatedly that they have to go back to the original artwork from 4+ years ago if they want to redistribute this stuff is silly and insulting. Stereo didn't do that either - he clearly has used inspiration (and artwork ?) from the previous artists that have themed buuf icons for numerous platforms in the years since buuf was originally released.*

You speak of common sense-- for many people the principles of community projects, open source, and creative commons, seems to defy normal business practices and ethics and perhaps your common sense... However if you think about the themes and software you use and build upon, and forums like these and jailbreaks, and operating systems and many other things you use regularly you will agree that this different approach to ownership and distribution is really an amazing and natural and necessary way to have certain types of projects properly evolve.

My point is that people using, theming, modifying or adding to buuf DO NOT NEED TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ART! *We are free to build upon these additions by the rights given to us by the original creator of the artwork and by the principles adhered to by everyone that has worked on buuf for years, except for you and stereo are considering.

Ethically, if there is work that stereo or you do not WANT used by others then I for one would feel uncomfortable using it and therefore I would not. (I would help to see that these icons and ui elements get remade FOR THE COMMUNITY though) But this is terribly unfortunate and I believe illegal.*

You guys keep posting this great stuff here on a community forum and in the name of buuf - so the obvious presumption is you are aware of and contributing to buuf for everyone- otherwise why not just keep it for yourself?

"Your" coffee cup is a good example... That to me appears to be a recolored mattahan original buuf cup with a nice face added on. Now please don't get me wrong-- it is very good, very creative, takes a lot of time, especially to animate, and requires a lot of skill. But that avatar/icon/progress wheel, is still a buuf derivative and as such is attributable to mattahan and usable by others in any non-commercial way as long as mattahan is credited (and I would think it's fair to demand: as long as stereo is also credited)

Doreen, I think that you and stereo should clearly define what you feel are your contributions and ask that if ever anyone uses those specific additional buuf creations or contributions that they give credit to you or to stereo in addition to mattahan. But you may not disallow people from reusing these buuf additions - because of the creative commons license.
    2011-01-01 11:41 PM

"Your" coffee cup is a good example... That to me appears to be a recolored mattahan original buuf cup with a nice face added on. Now please don't get me wrong-- it is very good, very creative, takes a lot of time, especially to animate, and requires a lot of skill. But that avatar/icon/progress wheel, is still a buuf derivative and as such is attributable to mattahan and usable by others in any non-commercial way as long as mattahan is credited (and I would think it's fair to demand: as long as stereo is also credited)

Yup that coffee cup is an excellent example! Anyone that does not do graphic work would "assume" exactly that. But I see no animated blinking, kissing coffee cups in mattahan's work.
    And thinking that it's okay for ppl who do not do graphic work but simply run around the net grabbing and assuming it's okay to grab whatever they want and toss it in a folder and call it their work is NOT okay jussss because "Hey that looks like Buuf! I think I will just take it and do whatever I want and feel like doing and "assume" it's okay because anything that looks or resembles Buuf (no matter who made it) is now mine to take and call "My work!"

Nope it don't work like that. You don't just get to or have the right to "assume and grab" what you feel like because it "looks" like Buuf...

Doreen, I think that you and stereo should clearly define what you feel are your contributions and ask that if ever anyone uses those specific additional buuf creations or contributions that they give credit to you or to stereo in addition to mattahan. But you may not disallow people from reusing these buuf additions - because of the creative commons license.
    Umm let me make this clear for you. Do you see my avatar? If you take it and toss it in "your Buuf theme" (and pretend like you made it) I will chase you down w/ a baseball bat! =)

As for Stereo I've not spoken to him personally in days so I'm curious as to what he will do now...

When he comes to the forum and ppl are asking him day and night to create customized Buuf icons and images for their 3rd party apps he does so sacrificing his time, energy and creative juices to do so for them. So they can enjoy their devices. NOT so they can release a theme and put their name to his work. (Is that so hard for you to grasp?)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-02 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-02 01:06 AM
    Doreen - I agree with you - no one should repost anyone else's work AND claim it as their own. But I haven't seen anyone doing that here. Gadezo gives credit to you and stereo in the theme he released. Bobabbooey also gave credit to you guys. What did they do wrong? Gadezo included your avatar in his theme (which I personally feel is an awful progress gear and a great avatar...my guess is he used your avatar out of respect actually!!) but he never claimed he created it - he states in his read-me that stereo89 created some of the icons. What should have Gadezo done? I suppose he can specifically give credit to each specific image and perhaps he should. I do not know Gadezo & bobabooey nor have we ever spoken. I am only trying to defend the future freedom of buuf themers, and the principles and merits of buuf's creative commons license. I am also trying to make sure that all of the contributors that came before you and stereo are not being "slapped in the face" by you two claiming buuf's derivatives as your own.*

Once again I'd like to say that stereo's icons and your theming are incredibly appreciated and you guys deserve tons of praise and credit. I even think you both deserve lots of money which is why I've donated to you both. But I always thought that the buuf work you have been doing is for the community, because I've assumed you were following the guidelines of the buuf license. I assumed you knew, and even liked the fact that someone else could use the icons shared here under creative commons and develop and distribute say, a buuf iPad theme or even an buuf ios 4.2 compatible theme, or even the buuf GUI for an electronic torture device. Buuf is not like many other images - by including buuf elements in your designs and themes and posting them here publicly, you should know that others can freely use (for any non-commercial purpose as long as credit is given) "your" icons and research and directory structures and naming and ui elements that the community has helped develop.*
    2011-01-02 03:42 AM
    I am also trying to make sure that all of the contributors that came before you and stereo are not being "slapped in the face" by you two claiming buuf's derivatives as your own.*
    hehe no I can assure you that the icons are "raw and completely original and untouched" and pure mattahans and nobody elses that we have in our Free Buuf iPhone HD theme and also in the other work that me and Stereo produce for our Buuf themes.

Anyways, White thank you for your kind words and opinion on this (it is appreciated) I've not spoken to Stereo personally on this so I don't know if he will continue or not to fulfill the many request he gets both here in the forum and via private pms and email but I suppose we will see him pop up sooner or later. I hope sooner! I will miss just watching all the work he produces for everyone (it's fun just to watch him in action)
    2011-01-02 05:29 AM
    Stereo89, did you forget my request? =(
    It's on page 237, thanks!
    Last edited by alalename; 2011-01-02 at 12:19 PM.
    2011-01-02 12:14 PM
    @doreen
    please stop your fighting here....
    and answer on peoples questions...

i know it's sounds wrong but think of other when they see you two fighting here.... this whitebelt is stupid... just ignore him!
    2011-01-02 12:37 PM
    Ok here goes...my two cents. Take it for what its worth...like a penny...
    I know what you guys are going thru seeing your stuff taken and feeling robbed. I am a comedy magician and it has took me 17 years to create a unique show of my own. I have had two different guys "steal" my show. One took the entire show...start to end...and said it was his. I even had a client who booked us both tell me "Hey that was Drews trick"....WOW! The other guy took a routine that I worked on to be totally unique in the business and said he create it. Really hurt. But there is something I have come to understand...
    Both these guys didn't have the talent to "create" something unique. Secondly we all use the same props....who am I to say they cant use the same props in their shows? Although it hurts to a point ya got to understand that this is the way it works sometimes. When I started out I spend years trying to be David Copperfield and other magicians I knew. Then I realized that I need to be me....that makes me my best.
    Anyway I hope you guys can put this to rest. He DOES give you credit. The guys who took my stuff neglected to do that for me. Bottom line...we all use things of others sometimes at one point in our lives and say its ours...I'll bet you both have done it too in the beginning.
    Now off my soapbox. My two cents have run out and my pockets are empty.
    2011-01-02 03:56 PM
    Good morning magic dude (well it's morning over here and I need to take a sip off my avatar)

No I totally understand how this all works though surprised they do the same garbage in magicland!!! hehe
    (give me their address so I can send one of my Italian relatives over for a quick visit) =)

The thing is me and Stereo have been working hard for months on this (and that is just the graphic work) the real hard work is keeping up w/ all the private pm's and emails from ppl that are too embarrassed to ask here in a public forum how do I do file transfers, how do I set up config files, how do I create bundles, how do I fix the iPhone's pain in the behind icon shadows, how do I, how do I, how do I...
    The whole thing now is do we even feel like doing "anything" now. I've not spoken to Stereo so hopefully when we talk soon we will see then what's going on as far as anymore future work from us personally.
    2011-01-02 04:41 PM
    can someone tell me how do i change the 3G, Wifi, Battery, Charging, and Carrier icons on the top of the phone? and also where can i can some custom HD icons for them... just like in the photoes of yours...
    icons for wifi and signal bars, look a few pages back, Stereo has posted.
    you should put them in your folder UIImages. Otherwise look in the theme BabaBuufey for the exact name for your icons.
    for now it does not exist in the theme of Doreen. Maybe in the next update.
    Last edited by Scarch; 2011-01-02 at 05:22 PM.
    2011-01-02 05:05 PM
    I've been pretty quiet up to this point I know Doreen an stereo an bababooey personally an I can understand whats going on here People can say what they want to say an how u think they should act but at the end of day its not up to you it's up to them an how they want feel about what's being done to them so I say this you can't expect these people (doreen stereo&bababooey) to put all this hard work in this an not feel some type away about something if they feel they been wronged an u can't work on this thing forever so I say I guess it's time to bow out collector your losses and move on
    Last edited by Mdot80; 2011-01-02 at 05:49 PM.
    2011-01-02 05:40 PM
    Hi, iīm new here... iīve installed this great theme on my 3GS. Everything works fine, only 3 things i canīt handle.

1. The weather info about "temp from...." and "humidity" i donīt need. How can i erase that? And is there a way to change the fonts?

2. I can not change the clock style from 12 hour mode to 24 hour mode.

3. What i have to change (and WHERE) to change the battery and WiFi Icons?

Here is a screenshot from how it looks right now

greetz from germany

Cris
    2011-01-02 06:46 PM
    Cris- have you downloaded the PDF from page 1 and read it?

@doreen - not a cloud in the sky here today in my town. However yahoo still reporting "mostly cloudy" Can u tell me how to fix that ?
    ROFLMAO

Sorry bad joke!
    Last edited by SeptemberC; 2011-01-02 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-02 07:14 PM

@doreen - not a cloud in the sky here today in my town. However yahoo still reporting "mostly cloudy" Can u tell me how to fix that ?
    ROFLMAO

Sorry bad joke!
    Lol I get that alot!! It makes me laugh!!
    2011-01-02 07:55 PM

Sorry bad joke!
    Yes iīve read it, but i donīt find any help there...
    2011-01-02 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD