I just find this wonderful, really
    2011-08-22 10:31 PM
    Can anybody tell me if the Buuf theme is also subject to the auto skinning issue where a black background appear behind appstore app icons on the springboard?

I am trying to get a theme called CarbonX to work, but I am pulling my hair out of frustration because of the black borders.

I know the idea behind Buuf icons is similar to that of CarbonX with regards to a 3D appearance for icons without a border around them.

Is it necessary to do the stock AppIconMask2x.png renaming trick for Buuf as well?
    Last edited by Bloumoord; 2011-08-22 at 10:55 PM.
    2011-08-22 10:52 PM
    Ok, this is where I'm stopping!! The poor tv is getting butchered to make the album art display properly... I'll try a different one tomorrow..

Can anybody tell me if the Buuf theme is also subject to the auto skinning issue where a black background appear behind appstore app icons on the springboard?

I am trying to get a theme called CarbonX to work, but I am pulling my hair out of frustration because of the black borders.

I know the idea behind Buuf icons is similar to that of CarbonX with regards to a 3D appearance for icons without a border around them.

Is it necessary to do the stock AppIconMask2x.png renaming trick for Buuf as well?
    Can you upload a screenshot of the problem? Bloumoord?? Is dit hoe jy huil as jy jou theme nie reg kry nie?
    Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-23 at 12:57 AM.
    2011-08-23 12:54 AM
    Ok, this is where I'm stopping!! The poor tv is getting butchered to make the album art display properly... I'll try a different one tomorrow..

Can you upload a screenshot of the problem? Bloumoord?? Is dit hoe jy huil as jy jou theme nie reg kry nie?

Grungy cool. I like it! Very creative...
    2011-08-23 04:45 AM
    icon request please...

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/wordfoto/id414002091?mt=8">Wordfoto</a>

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rolling-fall/id445748225?mt=8">Rolling Fall</a>

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/italians-cook-it-better/id409351203?mt=8">Italians Cook It Better</a>

thank you!!!
    2011-08-23 05:22 AM
    Heyta dis nou 'n surprise! ;D

Hehe, ja ek huil want die icons is cool en ek kry dit nie reg nie! Grrrr!!

For everyone else, please excuse me for attaching a non-Buuf screenshot.

Buuf iPhone 4-img_0255.png

The Contacts icon, which is stock, is right. The ones with the black backgrounds should be transparent.
    Now also see the Hotfix for this on the developer's website:

Hotfix

So I was wondering how you Buuf people don't get the same issue?
    Last edited by Bloumoord; 2011-08-23 at 06:52 AM.
    2011-08-23 06:38 AM
    Cannot attach to a PM. So will do here. For everyone else, please excuse me for attaching a non-Buuf screenshot.

Buuf iPhone 4-img_0255.png
    This theme does not have that problem. You should ditch your theme and install Buuf4 HD!
    2011-08-23 06:49 AM
    This theme does not have that problem. You should ditch your theme and install Buuf4 HD!
    Yeah it is cool, I still have it but experimenting with others as well!

I can't remember, but Buuf requires Summerboard mode, right?
    2011-08-23 06:55 AM

I like! Great work Jacques! Go on though, add your musical notes coming out of the speakers and make one with the brown dock floorboards for the non grunge look for those that haven't gone over to the dark side.

Giant high five!

Doreen, I think we need to add Jacques SnowCover mod to the first post! Whatya reckon?

Yeah it is cool, I still have it but experimenting with others as well!

I can't remember, but Buuf requires Summerboard mode, right?
    Not our Buuf theme. I have mine completely configured without Summerboard on.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-08-23 at 06:59 AM.
    2011-08-23 06:56 AM
    I like! Great work Jacques! Go on though, add your musical notes coming out of the speakers and make one with the brown dock floorboards for the non grunge look for those that haven't gone over to the dark side.

Giant high five!

Doreen, I think we need to add Jacques SnowCover mod to the first post! Whatya reckon?

Ok good to know.
    I am downloading the latest Buuf to check the folder structures. My guess is that the CarbonX theme somehow has some other files or masks that cause issues.
    2011-08-23 07:50 AM
    You must have done a lot of manual work yourself then?
    I just installed from Cydia, and I had to enable Summerboard mode to make most icons display correctly.
    There is an Images folder in the theme proving that it requires Summerboard.

Anyway, you were right regarding the fact that the Buuf theme does not have the issue of the black borders. My Facebook icon displays correctly.

Buuf iPhone 4-img_0256.png

So I am comparing folder structure between the two themes.

BTW, why are there so few icons in the theme? For instance I am missing crucial icons like Compass, Whatsapp etc.

Here's a more complete "Whatsapp" theme, got the rounded message bubbles to show "somewhat" properly...

Rounded

Square

Dark
    Hehe, lekke ou afrikaans!
    Last edited by Bloumoord; 2011-08-23 at 09:19 AM.
    2011-08-23 09:08 AM
    icon request please...

Wordfoto

Rolling Fall

Italians Cook It Better

thank you!!!
    Requests added!
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-08-23 at 11:24 AM.
    2011-08-23 11:21 AM
    As you can see, I have done a special one. The HTC buttons are copied on the wallpaper and the logo for bitesms, phone and mail are transparent icons. But the transparent icons are too high up (look at the red circle with number 6). Is it possible to lower them so they are exactly on the buttons? I'm on 3GS fw 4.3.4.

2011-08-23 11:29 AM
    As you can see, I have done a special one. The HTC buttons are copied on the wallpaper and the logo for bitesms, phone and mail are transparent icons. But the transparent icons are too high up (look at the red circle with number 6). Is it possible to lower them so they are exactly on the buttons? I'm on 3GS fw 4.3.4.

It actually looks like your entire springboard is up too high. Best we fix that first before we start adjusting anything else. Nice custom dock by the way.
    2011-08-23 11:46 AM
    It actually looks like your entire springboard is up too high. Best we fix that first before we start adjusting anything else. Nice custom dock by the way.
    Thanks for the compliment.

The dock in Buuf theme/springboard is 320 x 45. And also, I use a transparent dock in winterboard and it is alo 320 x45. What should I do?
    2011-08-23 11:55 AM
    You must have done a lot of manual work yourself then?
    I just installed from Cydia, and I had to enable Summerboard mode to make most icons display correctly.
    There is an Images folder in the theme proving that it requires Summerboard.
    I gather you mean an Icons folder. I have one in the theme but it's empty.

BTW, why are there so few icons in the theme? For instance I am missing crucial icons like Compass, Whatsapp etc.
    I think I have a different theme as I have plenty of icons in mine. Don't think I downloaded the Cydia one. Pretty sure mine was emailed to me by Doreen. There are however hundreds of icons throughout the thread and Doreen is currently working through archiving them all so they are easier to locate. We are also about the only thread still actively creating new icons upon request at the moment so feel free to ask for any you have missing.
    2011-08-23 12:04 PM
    Add your musical notes coming out of the speakers and make one with the brown dock floorboards for the non grunge look for those that haven't gone over to the dark side.
    The music notes look terrible in this theme.. I've made you one with the dock as a wooden floor..

But it still looks kinda dark, so I just knew I needed to make it "homy"..

Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-23 at 12:19 PM.
    2011-08-23 12:15 PM
    I gather you mean an Icons folder. I have one in the theme but it's empty.

I think I have a different theme as I have plenty of icons in mine. Don't think I downloaded the Cydia one. Pretty sure mine was emailed to me by Doreen. There are however hundreds of icons throughout the thread and Doreen is currently working through archiving them all so they are easier to locate. We are also about the only thread still actively creating new icons upon request at the moment so feel free to ask for any you have missing.
    Yeah sorry, I meant Icons!

That is weird, cause I get the stupid black border bug when I do not put my icons in the Icons folder and enable Summerboard. If I put them in Bundles, they show with the black background.

So annoying and frustrating.

May I ask what iDevice and firmware version you are using?
    I am on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3
    2011-08-23 12:30 PM
    Yeah sorry, I meant Icons!

That is weird, cause I get the stupid black border bug when I do not put my icons in the Icons folder and enable Summerboard. If I put them in Bundles, they show with the black background.

So annoying and frustrating.

May I ask what iDevice and firmware version you are using?
    I am on iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3
    I'm on 4.3.3 aswell and never had this problem. I know that this theme has a few icons missing, the best would be to add them to the icons folder..

So then this fix will work with your Carbon theme aswell?
    2011-08-23 12:35 PM
    The music notes look terrible in this theme.. I've made you one with the dock as a wooden floor..

But it still looks kinda dark, so I just knew I needed to make it "homy"..

Love it!
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-08-23 at 12:44 PM.
    2011-08-23 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD