They're great Jacques! Could you test this one for me. It has a little less transparency so as to retain the image inside the crystal ball effect a bit more.

Thanks for that. I would test it myself but I did a bit of research and couldn't adequately ascertain the compatibility between snowcover and lockinfo and I don't want to stuff up the lockinfo on my wife's phone.
    2011-08-24 11:03 PM
    They're great Jacques! Could you test this one for me. It has a little less transparency so as to retain the image inside the crystal ball effect a bit more.

Thanks for that. I would test it myself but I did a bit of research and couldn't adequately ascertain the compatibility between snowcover and lockinfo and I don't want to stuff up the lockinfo on my wife's phone.
    I've used snowcover with lockinfo and it works perfectly! Lockinfo has an option to hide the clock while media is playing.. I'll change that one a in a bit, just spending a bit of family time.. Sorry, my wife has some strict rules!

What am I saying sorry for, you should feel sorry for me..
    2011-08-24 11:11 PM
    I understand... And sympathize.

But isn't it 10:30pm were you are? That's some hardcore family time. Or perhaps it's "making a family" time? If that's the case you should be able to do both at the same time.

I'm still in bed about to get up and get the kids ready for school and then I'll wander downstairs to the office. Can't go to work in my pyjamas today as I have 10 clients. Don't think they'd appreciate it.

No hurry. Hopefully you'll be allowed to come out and play later. I might try snow cover myself in the meantime.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-08-24 at 11:38 PM.
    2011-08-24 11:34 PM
    I understand... And sympathize.

But isn't it 10:30pm were you are? That's some hardcore family time. Or perhaps it's "making a family" time?

If that's the case you should be able to do both at the same time.

I'm still in bed about to get up and get the kids ready for school and then I'll wander downstairs to the office. Can't go to work in my pyjamas today as I have 10 clients. Don't think they'd appreciate it.
    No no no, none of that sillyness, my son is 16 months now and for now I'm not taking any chances to make him any little companions. Man, the daily routine of cleaning little grubby finger prints of the tv is bad enough. He's starting to give kisses to his favorite "babytv" buddies aswell...
    2011-08-24 11:44 PM
    I know where your coming from Jacques.... Mine are 23, 22, 12 & 10 and they still love to leave grubby fingerprint on the TV. Believe me though they think of much more disgusting messes & things to for you once they're older.
    2011-08-25 01:42 AM
    I don't have snowcover "yet" but after looking at these 3 themes you guys made I definitely will be downloading snowcover this weekend to check these out!!! Veryyyy cool I don't even know which one I like the best so I'm going to try them all. Thanks you guys!
    2011-08-25 04:37 AM

Here's a screenshot with the last "globe" you posted. What do you think? Better?

2011-08-25 08:43 AM
    Here's a screenshot with the last "globe" you posted. What do you think? Better?

Yes, that's pretty much the look I was going for. Great stuff!
    2011-08-25 10:01 AM
    Yes, that's pretty much the look I was going for. Great stuff!
    Excellent!! I'll update it in the original post..

A tiny little preview of something I'm trying, since this theme doesnt really have it themed...

This is alot of work, so I'm very open to suggestions!!

Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-25 at 09:53 PM.
    2011-08-25 10:06 AM
    Sorry for posting non-Buuf related screenshots again.

I just wanna show you guys that I managed to set up my transparent icons after having a look at how the Buuf theme does it.

hi, what's the name of this theme? thanks!!
    2011-08-25 11:01 PM
    hi, what's the name of this theme? thanks!!
    It's called "CarbonX Pro HD"
    2011-08-25 11:08 PM
    It's called "CarbonX Pro HD"
    Currently as it is there, the UIImages is stock and only 6 icons are from CarbonX.
    When I saw how easy it was for me to customize the icons, I started replacing most with my own. So do not expect most of the icons in my screenshot to be in the theme.

To get a feel of what CarbonX really looks like in all its glory, here is another screenshot:

2011-08-26 06:23 AM
    Shane and Jacques when you guys are happy w/ your snowcover themes can you guys email me either the themes or the links to d/l the latest version when you are both done? I'd like to update the first post here for you two w/ links for download and your names as the creators so you guys can both share them w/ everyone? If we keep posting links in this thread they get buried quickly okay.

I'm going to try out snowcover this weekend (I've not been up to much when I get home from work sorry you guys)

Also Eric (Bababooey) contacted me and said:

"Paul (mattahan) has decided he is going be offering donators of $25+ a custom icon and full access to tentatively named "UltraBUUF icon set" as it's being created"

Once the theme update goes live Eric or Paul will forward the info to me and I will be sure to share it here for you guys as well so we all can get the word out for Paul.
    2011-08-26 06:35 AM
    And sorry for hijacking your thread with non-Buuf theme.
    2011-08-26 06:46 AM
    Hijack away (no problem)
    2011-08-26 06:50 AM
    Shane and Jacques when you guys are happy w/ your snowcover themes can you guys email me either the themes or the links to d/l the latest version when you are both done? I'd like to update the first post here for you two w/ links for download and your names as the creators so you guys can both share them w/ everyone? If we keep posting links in this thread they get buried quickly okay.

I'm going to try out snowcover this weekend (I've not been up to much when I get home from work sorry you guys)

Also Eric (Bababooey) contacted me and said:

"Paul (mattahan) has decided he is going be offering donators of $25+ a custom icon and full access to tentatively named "UltraBUUF icon set" as it's being created"

Once the theme update goes live Eric or Paul will forward the info to me and I will be sure to share it here for you guys as well so we all can get the word out for Paul.
    Thanks Doreen,

I think we're just about ready to go. I'll just wait until Jacques comes back online so that I can check on the TV one. I think he swapped a non-Buuf wallpaper back in there and is waiting on permission from the creator. It's probably easier to pop a Buuf one back in there. If Jacques doesn't agree then I'll have to go the smack-down. So be prepared for some "Buuf Biff". lol

Can't wait to see what Paul has come up with this time with UltraBuuf!
    2011-08-26 07:05 AM
    I know me too! I cannot wait to see what he creates next this should be very exciting, fresh Buuf!!!

I went ahead and placed the spot for you guys in the first post so when you guys shoot me any changes I can simply update the file okay (this is what I posted up on the front door)

Buuf iPhone 4 HD Snowcover themes created by jdewinnaar & sjbtax download: HERE

If you guys want any changes just let me know... (I hate doing this stuff when I'm tired cuz things sometimes come out sucky but if I wait for the perfect time I may NEVER get it done unfortunately so I pushed myself to post it quickly now)

You two can just update the files and include your own individual readme.txt files as you want, shoot them to me and then I can bundle the (3) themes together again and easily update the link this weekend okay? Getting late so I need to catch a few Zzzz or I will be running on auto pilot tomorrow during work which is not good for me. (so good night you guys)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-08-26 at 07:32 AM.
    2011-08-26 07:14 AM
    Thanks Doreen,

I think we're just about ready to go. I'll just wait until Jacques comes back online so that I can check on the TV one. I think he swapped a non-Buuf wallpaper back in there and is waiting on permission from the creator. It's probably easier to pop a Buuf one back in there. If Jacques doesn't agree then I'll have to go the smack-down. So be prepared for some "Buuf Biff". lol
    Nope, the "TV" theme is all buuf, the screenshot and the download both are with the wallpaper you uploaded..

So it's all buuf, so... no need for any smack in any which direction..
    2011-08-26 08:49 AM
    Progress...

2011-08-26 12:39 PM
    Nope, the "TV" theme is all buuf, the screenshot and the download both are with the wallpaper you uploaded..

So it's all buuf, so... no need for any smack in any which direction..
    Bummer... Some Buuf smackdown would've been fun.

I forgot about the iPod one. I think it needs some special jdewinnaar/sjbtax tag-team work, especially since it has the sMe background as the crystal ball one. Whatya think Jacques? Any suggestions?
    2011-08-26 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD