I'm not sure if anyone else is interested but I want to make a more transparent "In-call" dialer theme so I'm trying to remove the buttons and just use Buuf icons (sort of like the way the Springboard icons display on the Homescreen. That way if you have a pic of a family member or friend you can see more of their face and their not hidden behind the buttons.

I was asked to make the wooden one and since I've had over 10,000 downloads recently on Cydia I'm thinking most want the wooden In Call buttons but I personally don't. (if anyone wants it let me know if enough are interested I'll post it when I'm finished in the first post of this thread okay)

Anyways, here's the wooden one to compare...

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-09-05 at 04:32 AM.
    2011-09-05 04:19 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is interested but I want to make a more transparent "In-call" dialer theme so I'm trying to remove the buttons and just use Buuf icons (sort of like the way the Springboard icons display on the Homescreen. That way if you have a pic of a family member or friend you can see more of their face and their not hidden behind the buttons.

I was asked to make the wooden one and since I've had over 10,000 downloads recently on Cydia I'm thinking most want the wooden In Call buttons but I personally don't. (if anyone wants it let me know if enough are interested I'll post it when I'm finished in the first post of this thread okay)

Anyways, here's the wooden one to compare...

Great idea Doreen!

Maybe you could adjust the transparency of the icons themselves a bit as well so it looks more like an overlay to the background picture.
    2011-09-05 06:54 AM
    They do look smaller, try this Jetpack

Attachment 546071
    you hit the spot... i'm loving it... specialy the hair, it's like gouko in dragon ball z.. lol.. now, if you just adjust the reckless... thanks a lot for your hardwork.. keep it up...
    2011-09-05 08:10 AM
    Great idea Doreen!

Maybe you could adjust the transparency of the icons themselves a bit as well so it looks more like an overlay to the background picture.
    What do you mean? I was messing around last night trying different transparencies but not sure what to do yet? Here's one making the center of the wooden buttons alil more transparent.

2011-09-05 04:11 PM
    What do you mean? I was messing around last night trying different transparencies but not sure what to do yet? Here's one making the center of the wooden buttons alil more transparent.

This is just my opinion, but I really think it look the best the way it was without any transparency...

It just goes better with the overall look and feel of the theme!
    2011-09-05 04:27 PM
    That's what I was thinking from the overall download count. But I was trying to figure out a nice way to show more of the incoming caller's pictures behind the buttons. Thanks for the feedback...
    2011-09-05 04:29 PM
    Downloaded and installed. One of my all time favorite themes. Thanks
    2011-09-05 07:01 PM
    Thank you Broomhead, glad you like it...
    2011-09-05 07:03 PM
    Loving the animated weather. Great job Doreen and who ever else is involved. Just a wonderful theme... And it free, just amazing
    2011-09-05 07:06 PM
    I suppose because Buuf has such a freestyle of design it's pretty timeless. I switch to other themes periodically but always come back to Buuf plus it's just fun to work on this theme too...
    2011-09-05 07:17 PM
    Just thought I'd share the foolings around I do on my own phone okay...

If you want the incoming call to look like this: (if you don't have a pic assigned to the caller) also when you tap on the icons instead of the button turning green by default I've added a small star indicator but of course you can change that to whatever you want yourself...

And if you do have a caller pic assigned it will show the incoming caller's pic behind the icons "much more clearly now" giving a more transparent look such as the screenshot below:

Then just use the image below and assign it to your LockScreen and use this bundle for the transparent bits HERE

If you want the incoming call to look more solid wood:

Then just use the image I posted below and assign it to your LockScreen and use this bundle for the transparent bits HERE

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-09-06 at 01:48 AM.
    2011-09-06 12:20 AM
    i know it's already posted it here, but i cannot find it. could someone repost the smiley with a zipper on his mouth please...
    2011-09-06 09:00 AM

I meant like the one without the tiles (just the icons) but with the icons themselves made a little more transparent so that you could see your contact pics slightly better.

i know it's already posted it here, but i cannot find it. could someone repost the smiley with a zipper on his mouth please...
    I thought there was one too, but I couldn't find it either.

Will this get you by in the meantime?

Buuf iPhone 4-mumbles-zipper-sjb.png
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-09-06 at 11:24 AM.
    2011-09-06 11:01 AM
    I thought there was one too, but I couldn't find it either.

Will this get you by in the meantime?

Buuf iPhone 4-mumbles-zipper-sjb.png
    as always sjbtax.... thanks a lot...
    2011-09-06 11:50 AM
    Hi! I'm trying to make a buuf theme for my iPhone 4.2.1 and I have some problems. I can't change some icons like "la Caixa", Skype, Facebook and the folders. O also have probems with dock and the shadows. Here are some pics. If somenos can helps me!! Thanks!
    Buuf iPhone 4-img_2373.pngBuuf iPhone 4-img_2372.pngBuuf iPhone 4-img_2374.png
    2011-09-06 08:13 PM
    Hi! I'm trying to make a buuf theme for my iPhone 4.2.1 and I have some problems. I can't change some icons like "la Caixa", Skype, Facebook and the folders. O also have probems with dock and the shadows. Here are some pics. If somenos can helps me!! Thanks!
    I've uploaded 2 .zip files

Springboard.zip
    Icons.zip

* There should be an Icons folder in the root of your theme folder, take the files in my "Icons.zip" and copy them there..

* Copy all the files in my "Springboard.zip" to "Bundles\com.apple.Springboard"

Then respring...

Also, I believe sjbtax will add your request for "la Caixa" to the icon request list..
    2011-09-06 09:12 PM

Springboard.zip
    Icons.zip

* There should be an Icons folder in the root of your theme folder, take the files in my "Icons.zip" and copy them there..

Then respring...

Also, I believe sjbtax will add your request for "la Caixa" to the icon request list..
    Request added
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-09-06 at 09:55 PM.
    2011-09-06 09:49 PM
    Request added
    Thanks Shane!!

Why so quiet the last few days??
    2011-09-06 09:57 PM

Springboard.zip
    Icons.zip

Then respring...

Thanks, this works!! BUt do you know does appear this every time I open an app??
    Buuf iPhone 4-img_2375.png
    2011-09-06 09:58 PM
    Thanks, this works!! BUt do you know does appear this every time I open an app??
    Buuf iPhone 4-img_2375.png
    Try this...

Navigate to "Applications" and rename...

"AdSheet.app" to "AdSheet.app2"

Then respring...
    2011-09-06 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD