@jazzman right on

@Z ok well see for example joystiq right here i made it 118x120 and the corners are cut off, should we be making the image smaller?

2010-09-03 08:20 PM
    understand, not only one I am not clear what the stock app? sorry for the weird question
    2010-09-03 08:23 PM
    @jazzman right on

@Z ok well see for example joystiq right here i made it 118x120 and the corners are cut off, should we be making the image smaller?

Put that image in the psd like you were making a cydia icon. Size it to fit. Then turn the eye off on the frame layer and take off the clipping mask. Then save. Should work as you had it with the frame.

understand, not only one I am not clear what the stock app? sorry for the weird question
    Stock apple apps like iPod. Mail. these need the frame too.
    Last edited by zausser; 2010-09-03 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-03 08:26 PM
    framework for the icon is clear, but without these you will still be 118x120 pixels in size?
    2010-09-03 08:28 PM

Stock apps are all the apps that comes with your phone from Apple. Like, iPod, phone, YouTube, Safari...

(If I understood your question)
    2010-09-03 08:29 PM
    Put that image in the psd like you were making a cydia icon. Size it to fit. Then turn the eye off on the frame layer and take off the clipping mask. Then save. Should work as you had it with the frame.
    Can you point out which specific layers is it because if i remove Layer 1 copy and Layer 0 everything reverts to a black image

maybe i am doing something wrong
    Attached Thumbnails [ Release ] nine hd-9-3-2010-11-30-23-am.png  
    2010-09-03 08:33 PM
    i think ive got it, basically do your adjustments and set the image as you would inside the frame. then place it above all the layers up top, and simply turn all the other layers off. next just save as png here is NBA App should look something like this and shouldnt shrink:
    Attached Thumbnails [ Release ] nine hd-trynba.png  
    2010-09-03 08:42 PM
    I posted this a few days ago. It's an icon for the new mmi app. This' how I do it.

2010-09-03 09:06 PM
    HAPPY FRIDAY!
    ENJOY!
    2010-09-03 09:29 PM
    HAPPY FRIDAY!
    ENJOY!
    Yikes! Who is that???
    2010-09-03 09:30 PM
    Stock apps are what comes standard on the iPhone iPod, safari, phone, compass, and so on. If I send ya the images again can you remove the frame overlay for me? Thanks man!
    2010-09-03 09:32 PM
    HAPPY FRIDAY!
    ENJOY!
    My gosh WOW!!
    2010-09-03 09:33 PM
    I posted this a few days ago. It's an icon for the new mmi app. This' how I do it.

hm so the way i posted above is that not the real correct way? as it does have a white border a bit but thats the way i save it so it doesnt cut off any of the image

with the modmyi icon you made wouldnt it cut off the edges a bit similar to the way it did with my joystiq icon (or does it not)?
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-09-03 at 09:36 PM.
    2010-09-03 09:34 PM
    hm so the way i posted above is that not the real correct way? as it does have a white border a bit but its so it doesnt shrink

with the modmyi icon you made wouldnt it shrink a bit (or does it not)?
    If you take this icon. the mmi one and drop it it your icon psd it should show center and perfect. Yes this image is larger but remember the theme icon mask takes care of that.
    2010-09-03 09:36 PM
    Will make one after i get off work..
    Hi Jazzman,

Can you be kind enough to create the following icons with [email protected] for me?

winterboard
    Toggle SSH
    compass
    calculator
    ebay
    orange
    Rock
    2010-09-03 09:45 PM
    Yikes! Who is that???
    Brytannia o Bryan thinks that's how u spell it.
    My wife. Lmao I wish
    2010-09-03 09:49 PM
    If you take this icon. the mmi one and drop it it your icon psd it should show center and perfect. Yes this image is larger but remember the theme icon mask takes care of that.
    just edited what i meant to say was doesnt it cut off the edges that way, for instance say i wanted to make a icon out of this G4 image that is 118x120 it would cut off the lettering:

my understanding is simply resizing to 118x120 works only if your picture based icon isnt near the border and you have room to work with, otherwise it will look like the G4 above^
    2010-09-03 09:52 PM
    Where can I find these calendar dots. I would like to use these exact dots in my ToDo app.

Z,

Have you had any luck finding these?
    2010-09-03 09:59 PM
    Hi Jazzman,

Can you be kind enough to create the following icons with [email protected] for me?

winterboard
    Toggle SSH
    compass
    calculator
    ebay
    orange
    Rock
    I think most of the ones you want have already been done, i will check for you.

just edited what i meant to say was doesnt it cut off the edges that way, for instance say i wanted to make a icon out of this G4 image that is 118x120 it would cut off the lettering:

my understanding is simply resizing to 118x120 works only if your picture based icon isnt near the border and you have room to work with, otherwise it will look like the G4 above^
    You can always select the image in the layer, go into edit/transform and alter the image size manually so it dosen't crop the edges...
    Last edited by Jazzman UK; 2010-09-03 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted
    2010-09-03 10:20 PM
    hey man, sorry to hear that about the gf prayers go out! on another note i saw somewhere you posted you were doing the foley catheters today eh? lol i started my first week of clinical this week as well....1 week down, 14 to go til Christmas break, w00h00! lol goodluck in your's bro!

- Rook
    ahh foleys.... don't worry, it will all be second nature soon. things that make you nervous will be nothing in a few months. the best advice i can give for those in clinical is do as much stuff as possible!

loving this theme!
    Thanks to all those who do what I can't
    Z - K - Wy - Bars - Blue - Li - Darkness

and many more
    2010-09-03 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD