Anyone know how to work with fonts on the iPhone 4?

I successfully swapped out Helvetica.ttc for my own font, which basically changed my icon labels, but I'd like to change other things like the clock, phone keypad buttons, etc.

I tried putting key/values in my info.plist such as:
    TimeStyle/font-family:Helvetica
    NavigationBarStyle/font-family:Helvetica

Didn't seem to do anything. I'm guessing these keys don't work in iOS 4?

Then I tried just swapping out all the fonts in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache, but I have no idea which fonts correspond to which labels on the iPhone. There's not a list of these is there? Does anyone know which font is used for the clock, both on the lock screen and the status bar?

Thanks.
    2010-08-15 05:38 AM
    Here:

* go to the folder /System/Library/Fonts/Cache
    * if you haven’t already done so, backup the default font files (Helvetica.ttc – MarkerFeltThin.ttf – LockClock.ttf – PhonepadTwo.ttf – HelveticaNeue.ttc – PhoneKeyCaps.ttf) to a safe place or rename them

* copy to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache the font files only, i.e. the ttc/ttf files mentioned above
    * respring your iPhone (use SBSettings or simply select-deselect a theme in Winterboard and exit)
    * ..done! Enjoy your new fonts!

Hope this helps.
    2010-08-17 02:40 AM
    Thanks, but actually it didn't help.

With the exception of HelveticaNeue.ttc, I already replaced all the fonts you mentioned. (Replacing HelveticaNeue crashes my phone).

Most of the fonts on my phone still remain unchanged. In particular, the date on the lock screen, and the time on the status bar are still shown in the default font.
    2010-08-17 03:47 AM
    I have the same issue:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ont-issue.html

It only changes half the fonts for me too. But seeing as how no one has replied to me, I'm thinking thats as good as it gets for the iPhone 4 for now. I guess we're just gonna have to wait.

Do let me know if you find a way around it.
    2010-08-17 03:58 AM
    go to iphoneruler.net, they have ios4 compatible fonts along with instructions on uploading them to your iphone. Everything except the battery % text worked for me. And I think that's just because it's not included. I saw someone mention somewhere it used to be an image file but I haven't looked into it yet. If anyone is able to tell me how to change the color of the font in the status bar I would greatly appreciate it. I know everyone says to change the TimeStyle key but either it doesn't work anymore or I am doing something wrong.
    2010-08-17 11:44 AM
    I can confirm that the TimeStyle key no longer works for iOS 4. I was actually looking for the new name and came here. :/
    2010-12-12 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD