A friend of mine has a 1st G iPT running 3.1.3 iOS jailbroken w/ jailbreakme, he did not choose to make his life easier, so, as of right now he and I both are thinking that he cant back-up his SHSHs because every time he tries to use TinyUmbrella, when he clicks on the Save my SHSH blobs, or whatever the button says it comes up w/ a message saying something about "...So sorry,... ....It is too late now!..." I dont remember the full message but it wasnt saving anything and he knows less than I do about this stuff and I'm not all that tech-savvy myself, so I guess my question is:
    Is there any way I can save his SHSH blobs aside from TinyUmbrella?
    Manually even?
    Its an iPT 1st Gen, non-MC model, JB'ed w/ Comex's jailbreakme.com

...oops, I already stated the info about it above, sorry
    Xeno Templar
    32GB iPT 3rd gen.; JB w/ GP RC 6.1!
    Original XBox; Still working on FW flashing!
    XBox 360 Elite; FW flashed w/ iXtreme!
    2010-08-17 05:30 AM
    I dont think first gen iPT needs SHSHs for 3.x
    2010-08-17 07:34 AM
    I dont think first gen iPT needs SHSHs for 3.x
    Thx, I think your right, considering it was long after i posted this that I read somewhere that TinyUmbrella is not compatible w/ the 1st Gens but how would he go abouts restoring w/out being forced to update?
    Or, would just the regular, old, (you know: the good, ol' times when it was easy to restore to whatever iOS you want!) DFU mode + the hold SHIFT + click restore and just restore back to 3.1.3 even though Apple is not signing for it nemore?
    Or, would he be screwed if he ever made a big enough mistake to have to restore to begin w/?
    Xeno Templar
    2010-08-17 07:48 AM
    its a good thing not to need SHSHs. That means you can freely restore without problems. Like you said, a simple shift+restore to the desired firmware will do the trick.
    2010-08-17 08:04 AM
    Thank you very much, he will be relieved when I tell him this later today.
    Xeno Templar
    2010-08-17 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD